What does it take to get a maximum sentence?

watchkat
Übergod

What does it take to get a maximum sentence?

Post by watchkat »

So exactly how long will he actually be imprisoned...good behaviour and manditory probation = what?
This person is an example of absolutely no regard for rules or punishment and yet the judges don't inflict the maximum for their total disrespect for the laws.

When will we the public see the maximum thrown at these repeat and apparently incorrigeble persons?

Sentencing unfolds free of drama
by Deborah Pfeiffer - Story: 104150
Dec 5, 2013 / 4:30 pm

A sentencing that was previously interrupted, went off without a hitch in a Penticton courtroom on Thursday.

Andrew Robert Hardenstine, who was arrested in Penticton in September with guns and drugs, was sentenced to 44 months, minus 85 days.

Hardenstine originally appeared on the matter in November. But the proceedings were thrown into disarray, when his lawyer Robert Maxwell told the court he wanted off the record and out of here.

The comments were made after Hardenstine, who appeared by video at the time, started disputing issues ranging from him fleeing the scene to why he had guns and if there was a silencer on the handgun he was in possession of.

Hardenstine also made other comments regarding the serial number on the handgun, which upset Maxwell.

The discussion in November came up after Judge Gregory Koturbash stated the facts of the case, including the loaded 9mm handgun that was found in Hardenstine's backpack when he was arrested.

On Thursday there were no outbursts, according to Maxwell, during the sentencing handed down by Koturbash.

Hardenstine, who has 57 previous convictions and a lifetime prohibition from having firearms, was arrested Sept. 11 after he tried to flee police.

Contents in his backpack at the time included an SKS semi automatic assault rifle with a folding stock, a loaded 9 mm handgun with laser sight and silencing capabilities, shot guns shells and a plastic bottle containing 100 ml of GHB.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: What does it take to get a maximum sentence?

Post by Bsuds »

What does it take to get people like this put in a cell and throw away the key?

57 convictions and to still be allowed on the street is mind boggling!

I guess he needs to hit 60 convictions before they do that.
So I saw a bumper sticker today that said, I'm a Veterinarian so I drive like an animal.
I suddenly realised how many Proctologists are on the road!
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

The legal system loves guys like this, imagine how many taxpayer dollars have gone into putting this guy through the system that many times.
Black Dogs Matter
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

If you want to see the maximum allowable sentence handed out, steal from the government.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

mexicalidreamer wrote:If you want to see the maximum allowable sentence handed out, steal from the government.

Duffy's not in jail.
So I saw a bumper sticker today that said, I'm a Veterinarian so I drive like an animal.
I suddenly realised how many Proctologists are on the road!
zoo
Übergod

Post by zoo »

I know the answer---------another country........
TimmyE
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by TimmyE »

That's a really hard question. I thought taking a bomb on board a plane could get you some serious time, but I guess not. They just give you back the bomb and let you go on your way.
watchkat
Übergod

Post by watchkat »

Canada..... The laughing stock of the world regarding crime and punishment.

Return to “Central Okanagan”