Santa Claus Parade

ToddT
Übergod

Santa Claus Parade

Post by ToddT »

Anybody going to be braving the parade at -10C? I'd like to, we go every year, but to stand out there for so long with the kids seems like a bad idea methinks.
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Santa Claus Parade

Post by Bunnyhop »

Bundle up! Maybe buy a hot drink from one of the coffee shops, or bring your own from home in a thermal mug?

Should be a fun parade!
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

haha I dunno I'm kind of a chicken for the cold. Kids are too. Don't know where they get it from? ;)
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Boy I sure hope that marching band isn't going to make the trumpet player lead them :)
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

And what about those poor frozen bag pipes :)
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

southy wrote:And what about those poor frozen bag pipes :)

And their poor frozen knees (and other bits and pieces under their kilts).
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
wanderingchef
Fledgling

Post by wanderingchef »

My two year old and I will be there. The rest of the country has theirs in a lot colder temps. It's what being Canadian is all about. Matter of fact after the parade we are going to grab dinner at burger55 then off to watch the Vees play Surrey. Not a bad little Canadian December night...... Dress appropriately and get out there!!
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

wanderingchef wrote:My two year old and I will be there. The rest of the country has theirs in a lot colder temps. It's what being Canadian is all about. Matter of fact after the parade we are going to grab dinner at burger55 then off to watch the Vees play Surrey. Not a bad little Canadian December night...... Dress appropriately and get out there!!

Well said ... eh!
Tero
Board Meister

Post by Tero »

One of my children was on the second to last float! lol, I can't remember the last time I was so cold, but I felt like a pretty good parent for braving the weather to support her! :-) (and she was absolutely frozen solid but had to keep on smiling so really, she had it far worse than me!)

Return to “Central Okanagan”