Wild horses take over hwy. & roads

GEW
Fledgling

Re: Wild horses take over hwy. & roads

Post by GEW »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:so if i follow your 'logic', because people have intoduced domesticated dogs as well, fox, coyotes and wolves have lost any need for protection from us?

because we have domestic horses, we should not render wild horses extinct.

as you say, this is a human created problem. humans created the roads, humans drive the cars. but you figure because humans do, anywildlife that should interfere with that should be eliminated. that is truly awful and selfish thinking.

notnorthanymore, these are wild horses, not feral. if you are choosing to refute that then i suggest you bring some proof of your otherwise baseless allegation.

I think your tune would change if yourself or a loved one were injured or worse from contact at highway speeds with one of these horses. Like I said before; if you want them protected, find somewhere for them off the highway. Otherwise they should be shot.
Oh and by the way, humans are the dominant species on the planet; This is reality like it or not.
Keep calm and wear your tinfoil hat.
Xia33
Übergod

Post by Xia33 »

This is also happening in Alberta....sadly enough.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

any family member of mine that callously injures and or kills a rare and wild species such as these horses would suffer my admonishment if they were to survive the hypothetical incident. people in my family respect nature and do not seek to harm wildlife, with the exception of responsible hunting practices that only removes individuals, not entire species.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

there is no evidence to support any claim that horses in alberta are wild. there is evidence to the contrary though i believe.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
GEW
Fledgling

Post by GEW »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:any family member of mine that callously injures and or kills a rare and wild species such as these horses would suffer my admonishment if they were to survive the hypothetical incident. people in my family respect nature and do not seek to harm wildlife, with the exception of responsible hunting practices that only removes individuals, not entire species.

Wow! Just wow! It sounds to me like you would actually prefer a human death over the death of a stupid ungulate!!!! Worse yet, the death of a family member. It makes me wonder if you even have anybody in your life. I can't stand horsey people for this reason!
Sometimes hitting an animal on a highway is not a disregard for that animal but a pure accident. Large animals often just jump out of a ditch unnoticed in front of vehicles, especially in the dark.
GEW
Fledgling

Post by GEW »

I might add, since you didn't fully read my posts, that I didn't say to remove the species. Just keep them off the highway! Get off your butt and do some volunteer fencing along the highway or something.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

know the hazards and drive responsibly, or do not drive at all.

i have seen people over driving in our parks, and hit wildlife. those people are garbage in my mind.

if you are driving so blindly, so recklessly, you cannot see a horse in front of you, then i suppose you will get what you deserve, and the horse will be the victim.

fencing in wildlife is just as ignorant and selfish as anything else you have presented thus far.
T.Tsarnaev
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

The Castanet story is very clear - these are classed as "Feral" horses.

It is suggested that they have been abandoned by members of the PIB, but I would have to suggest that PIB members are not the only ones that have abandoned horses in this area over the last number of decades.

Copied and pasted directly from the Castanet posting that you are referencing (the highlights and colour are to draw your attention to the actual wording of the article):

Cpl. Jas Johal says the RCMP has met with PIB chief Jonathan Kruger and the council this year, after receiving a high volume of calls, primarily from West Bench residents.

Earlier this year, two of the feral horses were killed on the highway.

"We are taking this issue quite seriously because public safety is paramount." he said. "The PIB is seeking a solution to this as well, but funding is an issue."

I agree with the writer of the article that they are feral horses - you say they are wild horses.

Tomato - Tomaato....

They are a safety hazard to anyone driving that area.

You are saying with your comments that that they should be allowed to be schmucked by vehicles and allowed to die a painful and horrible death on the highway - and that the lives of humans mean nothing.

Would you still hold that position if your son or daughter hit one of these "wild" horses on the highway with a grandchild in the vehicle?

I really do doubt that you hold the value of these feral animals over and above that of your children and grandchildren.

If you do hold the animals of the area above the lives of your own family - please state so in very clear and precise terms, that way all of us know your exact position when it comes to the value human life.

If you really respected the feral animals that are out there you would not be hunting them down and killing them for sport as you have stated in your post.

In this day and age with the responsible farming practices that Canada has there is no need to hunt animals except for "sport". This is not a practice I personally engage in or condone.

I am strongly suggesting that the feral horses and "free range" cattle be removed from the public roadways as a safety hazard. If they cannot be captured and kept in a safe area away from the general public - then I agree with GEW and good old Ralph Klein - SSS (shoot shovel and shutup).

Copied and pasted from your post earlier:

" people in my family respect nature and do not seek to harm wildlife, with the exception of responsible hunting practices that only removes individuals, not entire species."

Was this not the rational behind a certain group in the 1940's?
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.
GEW
Fledgling

Post by GEW »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:know the hazards and drive responsibly, or do not drive at all.

i have seen people over driving in our parks, and hit wildlife. those people are garbage in my mind.

if you are driving so blindly, so recklessly, you cannot see a horse in front of you, then i suppose you will get what you deserve, and the horse will be the victim.

fencing in wildlife is just as ignorant and selfish as anything else you have presented thus far.

I agree that DELIBERATELY hitting an animal is horrible. But you can do a lot of damage to people and animals even at a cautious rate of speed such as 60km/hr.
But I am wasting my time arguing with you. You value animal life over human life to the point of mental illness
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

notnorthanymore, please take the time to read this thread before you continue. the ignorant individuals and entities you have quoted have been shown to be wrong.

gew, you claim you do not advocate eliminating the whole species, but when for instance this group of horses is reduced to numbers that can be counted on your fingers, eliminating even a single horse is detrimental to the survival of the species.

hitting a horse at 60 is insane. one should not even try to pass a horse or moose on the road in my opinion. drive a responsible speed in their comany, like 10kmh or slower, just like a through a schoolyard.
T.Tsarnaev
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

ABC

You have not answered my direct question to you.

Do you value the life of your children and grandchildren over the animals that wander the roads?

No - your children and grand-children's lives are worthless compared to the animals that the rest of us consider to be safety hazards.

Yes - your children and grandchildren are worth more than the safety hazards of wildlife that could be controlled.
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

notnorthanymore, if i or any member of my family, especially a child, were to wander onto the road, i would hold you responsible should you hit them with a vehicle.

wildlife and children, and all living creatures are not targets for your murderous driving habits.
T.Tsarnaev
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:notnorthanymore, if i or any member of my family, especially a child, were to wander onto the road, i would hold you responsible should you hit them with a vehicle.

wildlife and children, and all living creatures are not targets for your murderous driving habits.

Please answer the straight forward question in a straight forward manner.

FYI - I have driven northern roads in the winter with moose crossing without notice - I have braved the area around Grand Forks and the multitudes of deer with out hitting them.

You are a PCT, and you know that I require you to provide answers to your "statements of fact".

Please answer the question as posed.

Is human life more important than that of wild animals that cross the road in front of moving vehicles?
GEW
Fledgling

Post by GEW »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:notnorthanymore, please take the time to read this thread before you continue. the ignorant individuals and entities you have quoted have been shown to be wrong.

gew, you claim you do not advocate eliminating the whole species, but when for instance this group of horses is reduced to numbers that can be counted on your fingers, eliminating even a single horse is detrimental to the survival of the species.

hitting a horse at 60 is insane. one should not even try to pass a horse or moose on the road in my opinion. drive a responsible speed in their comany, like 10kmh or slower, just like a through a schoolyard.

Ya right! As if I'm going to drive 10km/hr in a posted 90 zone, just to avoid hitting a stupid horse! Perhaps I should swerve to avoid it and hit an oncoming semi instead. If you are driving 10km/h on a highway, then you deserve to get creamed! Seriously, get some help for your mental illness.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

i have no idea what 'pct' means.

your suggestion that somehow my family is not human is somewhat puzzling.

wildlife is just as important as my family. neither should harm the other. if they do, it should only then be in the name of survival and sustenance.

gew, i have seen what hitting a moose at the speed you advocate does to a vehicle and the people inside. in some instances it is quite uglt, and often enough mortally perilous to the people.

i would never dream of passing a moose or horse, or many other animals at 90 kmh, for my own survival if nothing else.
T.Tsarnaev

Return to “Central Okanagan”