Expensive photograph

chillybrew

Re: Expensive photograph

Post by chillybrew »

So you are saying that the employees care nothing about their community. If everyone boycotted WAL-MART and shut them down,there would be a lot of people unemployed. People from your community. You should be thanking WAL-MART for providing paycheques to help the economy in your town.

This is hilarious! The fact that someone referring to themselves as anonymous and in support of Wal-Mart? lol, pick a side.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Captain Awesome wrote: Taxing assumes person has no choice. In this case, person has a choice whether or not purchase the photos.

Technically I suppose it is a choice but how many parents are there that do not want a cap and gown photo of their child's graduation. As far as I am concerned, every child should get two 8 by 10's courtesy of the school upon their graduation. I know school budgets are tight but this is a significant milestone event and a photo of the occasion should be given to all, not just those who can afford the 80 bucks to purchase them. With a little effort and in this digital age, I am sure school districts could even find a way to have everyone photographed and supplied with two copies for a fraction of what these portraits are commanding.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
bighorn001

Post by bighorn001 »

wanderingchef wrote:yeah but then your supporting WAL-MART, a company that cares nothing of this community or the people that create it. Does that make it worth saving a few bucks?.................

Have you ever thought about where the Wal-Mart employees would work if it wasn't there? give your head a shake...
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

*off-topic/Jo*
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
livewire
Fledgling

Post by livewire »

Technically I suppose it is a choice but how many parents are there that do not want a cap and gown photo of their child's graduation. As far as I am concerned, every child should get two 8 by 10's courtesy of the school upon their graduation. I know school budgets are tight but this is a significant milestone event and a photo of the occasion should be given to all, not just those who can afford the 80 bucks to purchase them. With a little effort and in this digital age, I am sure school districts could even find a way to have everyone photographed and supplied with two copies for a fraction of what these portraits are commanding.

Well said twobits. Especially the part about the digital age. I don't think I mentioned that it is also a 2 - 3 week wait to get them. Being the digital age does make this all seem a little crazy. Also on the digital topic, I'd be happier paying the $44 for a digital copy that I could make as many prints as I like.....at Wal Mart......for $0.58 cents....in seconds.....(that oughta wind the crowd up LOL!)
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

twobits wrote:As far as I am concerned, every child should get two 8 by 10's courtesy of the school upon their graduation.

You're free to take as many pictures as you want yourself and print unlimited number of copies. It ain't this hard.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

I don't have any copies of my grad pic because my mom couldn't afford them. We didn't have a camera to take our own. I empathize with those who miss out on keeping a memento from such a major milestone.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

bighorn001 wrote:Have you ever thought about where the Wal-Mart employees would work if it wasn't there? give your head a shake...

Yes, I have. The same places they worked 19 years ago before WalMart came to Canada. We didn't exactly have vast populations living in the streets before WalMart showed up, people still had jobs.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

jennylives wrote:Yes, I have. The same places they worked 19 years ago before WalMart came to Canada. We didn't exactly have vast populations living in the streets before WalMart showed up, people still had jobs.

Thank God Walmart came to Canada and helped reduce our unemployment rate from 10.2% to 6.9%.

Canadian Unemployment Rates
Note: Monthly Data Available From 1976-2013
Yearly Data Available From 1946-2013

The unemployment rate in August of 1994 was 10.2%

The unemployment rate in August of 2013 was 6.9%

http://www.davemanuel.com/historical-un ... canada.php
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

jennylives wrote:Yes, I have. The same places they worked 19 years ago before WalMart came to Canada. We didn't exactly have vast populations living in the streets before WalMart showed up, people still had jobs.

Off topic but...

Are you suggesting that Wal-Mart is independently responsible for homelessness in Canada?

I don't like Wal-Mart for many reasons, but there is no doubting it provides jobs to a certain demographic who might not be working otherwise, or struggling to find work without any real skills or certifications. Losing an entity like Wal-Mart in Penticton might sound desirable, but the reality is that it would be a huge blow to a part of our population that probably has enough crap to deal with already.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Rwede wrote:
Thank God Walmart came to Canada and helped reduce our unemployment rate from 10.2% to 6.9%.

Canadian Unemployment Rates
Note: Monthly Data Available From 1976-2013
Yearly Data Available From 1946-2013

The unemployment rate in August of 1994 was 10.2%

The unemployment rate in August of 2013 was 6.9%

http://www.davemanuel.com/historical-un ... canada.php

And in August of 1989 it was 7.3%. Now we have established that unemployment rates fluctuate with or without WalMart.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

^^^ Hahahahaha, busted at your BS again, Jenny.

YOU stated 19 years ago people had more jobs and that was PROVEN to be a complete lie.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

I didn't say more, I just said jobs. The unemployment rate fluctuates and always has.
livewire
Fledgling

Post by livewire »

How did this become a thread on unemployment?
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

livewire wrote:How did this become a thread on unemployment?

Any thread can become a Walmart thread in 5 pages. Or 3 pages if it's a lazy Sunday and people have nothing to do.

Return to “Central Okanagan”