Expensive photograph

livewire
Fledgling

Expensive photograph

Post by livewire »

I thought to myself, what a wonderful gift to give my parents, I'll order a print, not framed, just a print, of my daughters grad picture. $44? Additional prints were only $40? Am I out to lunch or is that a little out there?
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: Expensive photograph

Post by Captain Awesome »

Sounds about right. I used to freelance as a grad photographer, good money in it.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

All school photos, not just grad photos are outrageously over priced. We just do the Walmart thing now for us and the kids. It's sad, but for $40-$50 I can get the whole family done, plus individual shots of the kids.
wanderingchef
Fledgling

Post by wanderingchef »

yeah but then your supporting WAL-MART, a company that cares nothing of this community or the people that create it. Does that make it worth saving a few bucks?.................
livewire
Fledgling

Post by livewire »

A FEW bucks? Few? Make it a FEW and I'll support local business all the way. But to me this is not a FEW bucks.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

A scanner and printer come to mind.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

But then it depends on the size of the photo and price of the ink. I've used Walmart and London Drugs for specific projects. In this case, it's an order so I'm assuming actual photo isn't available to copy from.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

That's true, sometimes it's cheaper and easier to take it somewhere. Sometimes Costco has prints for .08 ea.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I always kick myself I don't bring my camera card to Costco for the prints. I don't think they would copy a grad photo (copyrighted) though some people might get away with it.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

livewire wrote:I thought to myself, what a wonderful gift to give my parents, I'll order a print, not framed, just a print, of my daughters grad picture. $44? Additional prints were only $40? Am I out to lunch or is that a little out there?

While that does sound expensive you have to consider that you are paying for the Photographer's time as well as the photo.
For instance how long does it take you to sit at your computer and find 1 specific photo and then print it out?
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

wanderingchef wrote:yeah but then your supporting WAL-MART, a company that cares nothing of this community or the people that create it. Does that make it worth saving a few bucks?.................

So you are saying that the employees care nothing about their community. If everyone boycotted WAL-MART and shut them down,there would be a lot of people unemployed. People from your community. You should be thanking WAL-MART for providing paycheques to help the economy in your town.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

wanderingchef wrote:yeah but then your supporting WAL-MART, a company that cares nothing of this community or the people that create it. Does that make it worth saving a few bucks?.................

Perhaps you should ask the very significant number of local people that work at Walmart whether they are part of the community and help create it. Perhaps ask them whether they feel that their paycheques are of assistance to them or the community. Perhaps ask the people who shop there, willingly and not with a gun to their heads, whether they are happy that Walmart is in the community.
Come back and report your findings and see whether you still believe that your statement is true.
You and 71 others Like this post
atenbacon
Übergod

Post by atenbacon »

Wallmart employees are bussed in from other communities, everyone knows this...

Either that or people that comment about Wallmart doing nothing or not caring for their local economy or communities are clueless.

Pick one of those options.
You have to keep an open mind until it is proven one way or the other. You just can't take the T.V. or internet word on it.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I'll take door #2
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Sears has a really nice photographer and reasonable prices.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.

Return to “Central Okanagan”