Telus Owes Businesses

0gopogo
Fledgling

Re: Telus Owes Businesses

Post by 0gopogo »

This is embarrassing but I doubt I'd know HOW to use a phone book. Everything I do is web based.
0gopogo
Fledgling

Post by 0gopogo »

One more thing....who dumped the books in the ravine?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

0gopogo wrote:This is embarrassing but I doubt I'd know HOW to use a phone book. Everything I do is web based.

Pretty easy as it's alphabetical
So I saw a bumper sticker today that said, I'm a Veterinarian so I drive like an animal.
I suddenly realised how many Proctologists are on the road!
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

From what I understand coming from business owners, it is the highest priced and least effective way of advertising.

The statistics show that the percentage of actual phone book users is down dramatically year over year for all of the reasons you might think.

Advertising is a gamble at the best of times so it pays to research the numbers before you buy.

I would suspect that the local paper would get you better exposure week over week.

And I don't think TELUS is the culprit here. It would have been a private contractor who hired individuals to deliver the books that would be responsible to whatever degree they could be found responsible.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

That's where Penticton is an anomaly. Statistics show that north of Peachland, phone book usage is way down, but Peachland South, there is still fairly moderate use. Gee, I wonder why that is?
I don't have a link or a source, I'm just going by what the yellowpages and *bleep* people tried to sell us on.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Self serving for sure.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
delSol97
Board Meister

Post by delSol97 »

0gopogo wrote:One more thing....who dumped the books in the ravine?

Perhaps they were trying to build a pier.

Return to “Central Okanagan”