Telus Owes Businesses

reneisone

Telus Owes Businesses

Post by reneisone »

http://globalnews.ca/news/458319/phone- ... ta-ravine/
ATT: PENTICTON BUSINESSES, HAVE YOU RECIEVED YOUR TELUS PHONE BOOK? As owner of OK REGION TOWING I spent $10,000 on Advertising to Telus last Year .CHBC news reported Phone books thrown in Naramata ravine April 2013.
I've been asking friends and Businesses If they" received their 2013 phone book"
The book says "keep till March 2014" on the front. Asking Less than 40% of business and friends received it.Take a look If your friends and Business received it?
I feel Telus owes Penticton businesses a refund..Join me In a Telus protest, refuse to advertise this year, I called CHBC for a follow up story. They want to hear from you!
Thanks for your help, Rene .. Owner of OK REGION TOWING
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Telus Owes Businesses

Post by GordonH »

I don't live in Penticton, whenever I get any of these phonebooks.
I toss them into recycle bin I have app, not used phonebook in years.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

So $10,000 a year would be approx $30 per day. I would suspect he would need to get 1 tow per day from people reading the ad to just break even. (assuming $30 profit from each tow.)

Sounds like a waste of advertising dollars to me.

I haven't used a phone book in years either.
So I saw a bumper sticker today that said, I'm a Veterinarian so I drive like an animal.
I suddenly realised how many Proctologists are on the road!
TashaSW

Post by TashaSW »

Do people even use phone books anymore??
I haven't used one in years as well, every time I get a new book, it goes straight to recycling bin.
These days with most everyone having phones, tablets, and computers, it's easy to just look up a number.
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

The prime contractor should be making random calls along these routes before issuing checks to these sub contractors.

I have a phone book and used it a week ago 8>)
Last edited by xjeepguy on Dec 17th, 2013, 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

He probably needs a new boat.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

I haven't used a phone book in ages but I have used OK Region Towing. Great company.
I would assume Telus contracts out the delivery of their phone books?
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Should flyer advertisers get a refund when their advertising goes straight into the blue bin?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Quixote
Fledgling

Post by Quixote »

It's unlikely Telus has anything to do with this; these books are published by YPG Canada, and companies who advertise in them are paying YPG, not Telus (unless Telus is acting as a go-between, but that's not who our business paid for advertising) and the books are delivered by contractors hired by YPG Canada.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Our residential neighbourhood (K-streets area between Duncan and Forestbrook) got the Telus phone book.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

i believe it is verizon that is in the business of producing and selling advertising in the phone book.

http://about.telus.com/community/englis ... 10-million

on a somewhat similar note, has anyone got, or more accurately, is anyone paying for the 'voice mail forwarding' feature with this company, telus? or bell? if so, i suggest you try using the feature if you have not already.

after paying for the feature for 3 years, i finally had cause to use it, and discovered it did not work.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
Quixote
Fledgling

Post by Quixote »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:i believe it is verizon that is in the business of producing and selling advertising in the phone book.

http://about.telus.com/community/englis ... 10-million

That was the case, but Verizon Information Services then sold their Canadian subsidiary (Advertising Directory Solutions Holdings Inc) to Bain Capital in 2004, who then sold it to YPG in 2005.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

If Telus has nothing to do with the phone books, then why does it cost $2.00 a month to keep your number out of the phone book?
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Quixote
Fledgling

Post by Quixote »

Anonymous123 wrote:If Telus has nothing to do with the phone books, then why does it cost $2.00 a month to keep your number out of the phone book?

Because people will pay it. Don't want to pay it, go to a competitor that doesn't charge for it (like Shaw).
anakerose

Post by anakerose »

I'd rather use the internet or the *bleep* book.

Return to “Central Okanagan”