People and their pets!

yaky

People and their pets!

Post by yaky »

Here are some thoughts........ Pets have their place, but, not everyone wants one. Not everyone wants to talk about them, especially when there is a world of events that are happening all around us. Not everyone wants to walk around them and their owner as you stroll down a sidewalk. Not everyone wants their body sniffed if one is around you. Not everyone wants to have one eye on where you are going and the other on the ground looking for "poop piles" because a "pet parent" did not have enough brains to pick up after the fact. Not every parent wants their child to play in a park where pets are allowed to play and do their business. Not everyone wants to walk on our beautiful beaches where pets have been allowed to roam free. Not everyone wants to go into a business establishment and find a pet either on the floor or in some ones arms or purse.
Not every business owner should have to put up a sign stating "NO Dogs". Pet owners should be bright enough to figure that out for themselves. Not everyone wants to hear "fluffy" barking at 5 pm every day when their owner gets home from work or at 6am one your day off.
Come on pet owners .........think of others!
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: people and their pets!!

Post by fluffy »

I'll bark where I darn well please. I was here first, they can move if they don't like it. ;)
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

I notice that as religious faith declines, pet ownership, and what can only be described as worship, has increased.

The the thought above will be met with venom and subsequently make the point.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Dog is God spelled backwards.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

yaky wrote:Not every business owner should have to put up a sign stating "NO Dogs".
Of course not - love the businesses that allow not only their own dogs but others as well. I enjoy being greeted at the door by a four legged friend.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

kgcayenne wrote:I notice that as religious faith declines, pet ownership, and what can only be described as worship, has increased.

bahaha I get a kick out of you religious folk. (Not the normally religious, but the ones who consider pet ownership a sin.)
I notice that as overtly oppressive religion increases, we get more wars around the world, and more innocent people are hurt.

Insert passive aggressive defense statement here: if kgcayenne takes offense to this reply, then he/she must actually consider owning a pet a sin and probably needs a puppy to cheer him/her up.

Sorry kgcayenne, but I fail to see how disagreeing with your post in a public forum makes any point you have stated, other than the fact that you might be a touch crazy. I must be part of the problem.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Fancy wrote: Of course not - love the businesses that allow not only their own dogs but others as well. I enjoy being greeted at the door by a four legged friend.

Me too! What can say "I am so happy to see you and welcome to our premises" better than a congenial dog?

Hope nobody from Walmart is reading this. It might cost some seniors their jobs.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
mexi cali
Guru

Re: People and their pets!!

Post by mexi cali »

Wow. Anyone who feels the way the OP feels has never experienced the love of a dog.

It just doesn't get any better than the sheer joy they exude just by seeing you walk through the door. That's the best and yes can sometimes be noisy for a minute or so but hey, it's all about you in that moment no matter how your day was.

I love this quote; "The more I get to know people, the more I love my dog".
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

When Touring the Oregon Coast last year we would be walking the downtown areas of the little towns along the way. Our dog was always with us and was welcome in all the shops. (Except those selling food of course).

Lots of people travel with their pets and if these shops did not allow pets they would lose a lot of potential business.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Sige
Übergod

Post by Sige »

yaky wrote:Here are some thoughts........ Pets have their place, but, not everyone wants one. Not everyone wants to talk about them, especially when there is a world of events that are happening all around us. Not everyone wants to walk around them and their owner as you stroll down a sidewalk. Not everyone wants their body sniffed if one is around you. Not everyone wants to have one eye on where you are going and the other on the ground looking for "poop piles" because a "pet parent" did not have enough brains to pick up after the fact. Not every parent wants their child to play in a park where pets are allowed to play and do their business. Not everyone wants to walk on our beautiful beaches where pets have been allowed to roam free. Not everyone wants to go into a business establishment and find a pet either on the floor or in some ones arms or purse.
Not every business owner should have to put up a sign stating "NO Dogs". Pet owners should be bright enough to figure that out for themselves. Not everyone wants to hear "fluffy" barking at 5 pm every day when their owner gets home from work or at 6am one your day off.

Here are my thoughts...
Children have their place, but not everyone wants one. Not everyone wants to talk about them, especially when there is a world of events that are happening all around us. Not everyone wants to have them drooling over your booth in a restaurant and throwing food at you. Not everyone wants to have to watch so they don't step on children who are running down the sidewalk without looking. Not everyone wants to walk on our beautiful beaches where children are allowed to scream and yell and run around like chickens with no heads, dropping their ice cream cones in the sand *yuck*. Not everyone wants to go into a business establishment and find children running all over the store, smashing into you and GOD forbid they run into your cart. Not every business owner should have to put up a sign stating "Children without supervision will be given candy and a free kitten." Parents should be bright enough to figure that out for themselves. Not everyone wants to hear your child screaming in the yard when you discipline them (or take the hose away) or at 6am when the baby wakes up for their morning feeding and they are in the bedroom with the open window that faces mine.
Come on parents...think of others.

[tongue firmly planted in cheek]

Seriously...I have grown children, love kids. Do you hear what you're saying? When did people start getting so stuffy?
Last edited by Sige on Jul 15th, 2014, 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve-O
Übergod

Re: People and their pets!

Post by Steve-O »

I get what the OP is saying. Its cool if you have a dog but at the end of the day its a dog and perhaps there are some dog owners that should tone it down a little. Fifi does not need to go absolutely everywhere. Its not going to die if you leave it at home for a few hours. And for every considerate dog owner there is another that couldn't care less where the dog defecates or urinates.
youhavegottobekidding
Fledgling

Post by youhavegottobekidding »

yaky wrote:Here are some thoughts........ Pets have their place, but, not everyone wants one. Not everyone wants to talk about them, especially when there is a world of events that are happening all around us. Not everyone wants to walk around them and their owner as you stroll down a sidewalk. Not everyone wants their body sniffed if one is around you. Not everyone wants to have one eye on where you are going and the other on the ground looking for "poop piles" because a "pet parent" did not have enough brains to pick up after the fact. Not every parent wants their child to play in a park where pets are allowed to play and do their business. Not everyone wants to walk on our beautiful beaches where pets have been allowed to roam free. Not everyone wants to go into a business establishment and find a pet either on the floor or in some ones arms or purse.

I love this, you are my kind of people. You speak the truth and some people do not like the truth, it is too close to the "truth", haha
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

kgcayenne wrote:I notice that as religious faith declines, pet ownership, and what can only be described as worship, has increased.

Religion and Dogs have a few similarities, they both demand your attention, time, and money, and distribute the "stuff".
Black Dogs Matter
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

ToddT wrote:bahaha I get a kick out of you religious folk. (Not the normally religious, but the ones who consider pet ownership a sin.)
I notice that as overtly oppressive religion increases, we get more wars around the world, and more innocent people are hurt.

Insert passive aggressive defense statement here: if kgcayenne takes offense to this reply, then he/she must actually consider owning a pet a sin and probably needs a puppy to cheer him/her up.

Sorry kgcayenne, but I fail to see how disagreeing with your post in a public forum makes any point you have stated, other than the fact that you might be a touch crazy. I must be part of the problem.

I had no idea that I thought pet ownership was a sin… Damn, you take telepathic ability to completely new heights by predicting thoughts that haven’t even reached inception. [/sarcasm off] LOL

There’s no offense taken at all, this is the internet and we all express opinions that will differ from time to time, and that’s completely OK. One thing I’ve noticed, is the things that people get worked up about the most are: politics, religion, their pets, and their children. Those things are the easiest to be ‘religious’ about.

It has been well documented that humans have a tendency to worship, so worship shifts from one God, to a golden calf, to amulets, money, etc etc.

I love dogs; I love cats. I won’t have either one for the time being because I can’t give pets the habitat or the attention I feel they require. I grew up always having two gorgeous large dogs, my dad, by example, showed me the time and attention required to have big, lovey, lap dogs.

There is a huge difference between being religious and having faith. On the former: been there done that for two decades; working on the latter now because I’ve come to believe they are not congruent.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

dogspoiler wrote:Religion and Dogs have a few similarities, they both demand your attention, time, and money, and distribute the "stuff".

So do politics and children! I'm glad someone 'gets' one of the facets of what I'm saying.

Return to “Central Okanagan”