People and their pets!

twobits
Guru

Re: People and their pets!

Post by twobits »

yaky wrote:I can not believe how some pet owners are sooooo dumb. The SPCA has adds on radio, tv and newspapers about leaving a pet in a car with summer heat baring down on it. You can leave the windows open or even take off the doors, but, the vehicle is like a solar panel, it will get bloody hot inside. Leave your pet at home!! IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE WITH YOU ALL THE TIME. You will kill it.

That is a little dramatic. A car with all the windows down is ventilated. We could get into a discussion about the difference between a two door pickup and a four door sedan but it is moot. What would be better in your opinion....a dog in a car with all the windows rolled down and in shade, or a dog in the back of a pickup parked in a parking lot in direct sun?

I'd go with the dog in the shade of the car roof.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
diggermechanic

Post by diggermechanic »

Two bit... sounds like your last comment is one bit short. What is wrong with leaving a pet home when temperatures are uncomfortable for them. YOU tell me why a pet must be dragged to a shopping centre parking lot and left in a car with widows open or not.....shade or not. What benefit is it to have a pet in these conditions? Do you think the pet likes it or is it that the owner is less considerate or trying to prove something to someone.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Not everyone wants to be in a place where there are loud children running around because their parents are horrible at their responsibility as a parent. Some places that come to mind are restaurants and malls.
Beerhunter341
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Beerhunter341 »

Automakers should be taking the initiative to accessorise vehicles with an automatic, solar powered cooling (A/C) system. Then this would be a non issue
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Solar powered Ac would require extensive panel size and isn't really an option.
On a different forum
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Daspoot wrote:Solar powered Ac would require extensive panel size and isn't really an option.

Yes, another less than well thought out solution. After all, if solar A/C for a vehicle were possible, what car manufacturer wouldn't offer it? First one to the plate that can sell you a car that will be A/C cooled from the from solar when you get off work or come out of the Mall will have hit a home run not seen since the discovery of penicillin. It would make the iphone look like a trivial product.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

While they are not an AC there are solar car fans that supposedly keep a car cooler in the sun. I don't know how well they work and would never use one to keep a pet in my car.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

here is the solution...keep your dog at home...
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.

Return to “Central Okanagan”