People and their pets!

diggermechanic

Re: People and their pets!

Post by diggermechanic »

Bsuds, you are a respectful pet owner. Not self righteous as some. Keep it up and pass it forward.
diggermechanic

Post by diggermechanic »

mexicalidreamer, sounds like the truth hurts. Believe me dogs are disposable, as a member of a 1969 Myanmar conflict, I watched k-9 units flush underground bunkers and not many came out.!! As far as no dog signs in businesses, I didn,t put them there, owners did for a reason. Please realize not all want to be around an animal. dig it.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

wow. 1969. that's' good to know because nothing has changed since then.

I am not self righteous my friend. I oppose your "disposable" view and my guess is that most would agree.

My view is this; a good percentage of the human population is or could be considered disposable for a myriad of reasons. Read the paper to find out why. mans inhumanity to man is one thing. Inhumanity to animals is another altogether. Animals, such as domesticated dogs while not everyone's cup of tea I agree do nothing more than what we have asked them to do or be. They want to please us. They as k for nothing in return and yet somehow there are people who believe that they as human beings have the right to do with them what they will.

That is where we part ways. That is not a fundamental difference of opinion between you and me. It paints you as an ego centric personality who is unafraid to be seen as an overlord. You do not have the right to decide whether an animal is disposable. They have a right to life. You are no more important or necessary than they are.

Who gives a crap that in 1969 soldiers sent dogs into bunkers who ultimately didn't come out. That in my opinion is and was wrong. That it happened in no way excuses it.

Remember that we also interred Japanese citizens because they were considered a threat. We forced native Canadians and Americans to Christianise themselves. Against their will. We forced them into white schools and beat them for their beliefs. We used to blind lab animals and worse in the name of cosmetics. We still treat ethnic minorities like lepers to a large degree because us white Anglos are superior. BS.

We did all kinds of stupid things decades ago but it would be nice to think that we have learned at least a little from those stupid things like humanity and respect towards domesticated animals.

Animals in general are another topic for another day. For now it is all about people and their pets.

It's all about respect and compassion.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

diggermechanic wrote: Believe me dogs are disposable, as a member of a 1969 Myanmar conflict, I watched k-9 units flush underground bunkers and not many came out.!!

And the US Navy also used whales as target practice ... good thing that most of society has grown up from such a juvenile mindset.
diggermechanic wrote: dig it.

Yeah, OK LOL!
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
yaky

Post by yaky »

I don't think there is any need for such sarcasm, the person wrote what was seen. The inhuman treatment of animals happens everyday in every place. It is not right but it happens. If you eat beef, pork, chicken etc. its happening.

Any person that was in that type of situation an tells the story gets my thanks. All gave some....some gave all.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Would only wish people learned from that and realize pets aren't disposable.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Who here shakes hands with someone carrying a bag of poop?

Do people pooping their dogs get offended if someone prefers to not shake their hand?
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

kgcayenne wrote:Who here shakes hands with someone carrying a bag of poop?

I do - the poop is in a bag - I'm shaking someone's hand not the poop - nothing a bit of soap or sanitizer can't fix.
kgcayenne wrote:Do people pooping their dogs get offended if someone prefers to not shake their hand?

Nope
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Having good manners is the ability to make others feel comfortable in all circumstances. If the person with the dog and little bulging baggie would put the baggie in their pocket when shaking hands everyone would feel much more comfortable?

Given some of the comments perhaps the thread should read "People and their Pests".
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Do people pooping their dogs get offended if someone prefers to not shake their hand?
Wouldn't offer and usually have both hands full - a nice "howdy do" should suffice.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
bipdl
Board Meister

Post by bipdl »

Oh, gimme a break!
'Authority' is not a reason.
The most universally violated human right is the Right To Be Treated With Dignity.
Pffft, you humans. It's amazing you've made it this far. - Prot
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

I have an aversion to poop, and let's face it, grocery store bags aren't always free of holes. *shrugs*
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
yaky

Post by yaky »

there is a nice read on Castanet regarding pets and poop, written by Carmen Weld. Take some time and have a look.
yaky

Post by yaky »

I can not believe how some pet owners are sooooo dumb. The SPCA has adds on radio, tv and newspapers about leaving a pet in a car with summer heat baring down on it. You can leave the windows open or even take off the doors, but, the vehicle is like a solar panel, it will get bloody hot inside. Leave your pet at home!! IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE WITH YOU ALL THE TIME. You will kill it.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

yaky wrote:I can not believe how some pet owners are sooooo dumb. The SPCA has adds on radio, tv and newspapers about leaving a pet in a car with summer heat baring down on it. You can leave the windows open or even take off the doors, but, the vehicle is like a solar panel, it will get bloody hot inside. Leave your pet at home!! IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE WITH YOU ALL THE TIME. You will kill it.

Or take the pet with you ... oh wait, that "offends" some people.

Return to “Central Okanagan”