Employment Standards

mexi cali
Guru

Re: Employment Standards

Post by mexi cali »

Again, if this is something you agreed to then I don't see the problem in honoring your commitment. If however you did not or the agreement was gained subversively or surreptitiously by the employer, you should not be liable for payment in whole or in part.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

ToddT wrote:That's exactly my point. I didn't find out how expensive the training was until I got this nice little letter in the mail.

Don't pay them anything! Let it go to court, chances are the cost of court will deter them from going there.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

I remember reading that no contract between employee and employer, even with both parties agreeing, can supersede the employment act itself. I may be wrong, it was a couple years ago.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Ken7 wrote:Don't pay them anything! Let it go to court, chances are the cost of court will deter them from going there.

If they already filed the lawsuit, it means they already paid some money - which means they figure their chances are pretty good.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Captain Awesome wrote:If they already filed the lawsuit, it means they already paid some money - which means they figure their chances are pretty good.

I just re-read the thread and don't see any mention of preliminary litigation.

ToddT wrote:That's exactly my point. I didn't find out how expensive the training was until I got this nice little letter in the mail.

ToddT,
Does the letter come from a lawyer? It also appears from your post that you had no knowledge of the cost of training, so more than likely didn't sign anything. Correct?
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Captain Awesome wrote:If they already filed the lawsuit, it means they already paid some money - which means they figure their chances are pretty good.

Did not read anything on that...or breezed past it! I'm aware of the process in court..Ty!

Return to “Central Okanagan”