McDonald's in Summerland

Chimera

McDonald's in Summerland

Post by Chimera »

Does anyone know why it's closed? Or is it being replaced by something else?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: McDonald's in Summerland

Post by GordonH »

I suggest either calling or writing McDonald's Canada:

Call us
For general inquiries or customer service issues, our Customer Relations team at our corporate offices would be happy to hear from you during business hours:
Toronto: (416) 443-1000
Vancouver: (604) 294-2181
Montreal: (514) 421-4881

Write us
McDonald's Restaurants of Canada Limited
1 McDonald's Place
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
M3C 3L4
Fax: (416) 446-3443

To get your answers
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Heard it was a business decision, or a lack-of-business decision if you want to put it that way, but it's a goner.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Is there no sign or poster on the door or window? Usually there's a sign or poster on the door or window. I'd check if there is a sign or poster on the door or window.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I drove past there last night on the way into IGA. I didn't look closely, but it had an empty look to it like they've moved a lot of equipment out, coolers and such. All the signage outside is gone, that could be a big clue.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

That place had the slowest service ever. I also remember the time I ordered 2 burgers from drive thru and headed down the Summerland hill and opened them to discover they forgot to put the patties on the buns! Sorry to see it go!
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

GordonH wrote:I suggest either calling or writing McDonald's Canada:

Call us
For general inquiries or customer service issues, our Customer Relations team at our corporate offices would be happy to hear from you during business hours:
Toronto: (416) 443-1000
Vancouver: (604) 294-2181
Montreal: (514) 421-4881

Write us
McDonald's Restaurants of Canada Limited
1 McDonald's Place
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
M3C 3L4
Fax: (416) 446-3443

To get your answers

I don't think writing them and waiting a month for an answer will be necessary we seem to have put the pieces together and have a pretty good idea what is going on.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

fluffy wrote:All the signage outside is gone, that could be a big clue.

Yes that would be a big clue ... I haven't been down that way since summer so I was just assuming everything looked normal other than it not being open.

fall wrote:I also remember the time I ordered 2 burgers from drive thru and headed down the Summerland hill and opened them to discover they forgot to put the patties on the buns!

LOL ... had that happen to me at Wendy's
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
1933-1939

Post by 1933-1939 »

The owner would not renew the contract .....
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

The owners of Summerland also own or did own Penticton also.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

1933-1939 wrote:The owner would not renew the contract .....

I assume you mean the franchise owner would not renew the leased building? Despite the proximity to the hwy, I always considered that location to be pretty crappy for what the lease and triple net costs would have run. Wouldn't be shocked to see a new location open by summer somewhere in the downtown core and closer to the high school.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

twobits wrote:Wouldn't be shocked to see a new location open by summer somewhere in the downtown core and closer to the high school.

There's a chance of that, a downtown location would give them a better proximity to student markets, but Summerland has always been a notoriously tough market for fast food chains. KFC has come and gone a couple of times and the A&W at 5 corners has been teetering on the brink for some time now despite its superior location.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Would there be room for a more healthy fast food option in the Summerland market if one opened?

I'm thinking WrapZone is the better of all of them.
Last edited by Queen K on Jan 7th, 2014, 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

There's a Subway operating in the Mac's store at 5 corners that's held its own for a few years now, and plenty of independents on Main Street, it just seems that the big name chains that have tried to break into the Summerland market don't last long. Timmie's is an obvious exception but Summerland's large retirement contingent keep them going.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'd claim I support them too, but I've never stopped in on our many trips though there.

So what makes Summerland unique in the North American system of homogenizing what people dine out at?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Central Okanagan”