Laptop Repair?

Chimera

Laptop Repair?

Post by Chimera »

Anyone have any recommendations on where to get a laptop repaired in Penticton? I need someone that can replace hardware. Thanks!
mexi cali
Guru

Re: Laptop Repair?

Post by mexi cali »

What needs to be done?
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Chimera

Post by Chimera »

The fan is making a horrible loud noise. I can't stand it anymore!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Try spraying with a can of air first.
So I saw a bumper sticker today that said, I'm a Veterinarian so I drive like an animal.
I suddenly realised how many Proctologists are on the road!
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

What Bsuds said, but while doing it use a tooth pick or something to prevent the fan from spinning. Compressed air is great for clearing out dust bunnies, but the down side is it will cause fans to spin much faster than they are designed to, which in itself can cause damage.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
LongHaul
Fledgling

Post by LongHaul »

Have used Computers ETC on Main Street for repairs and found their service very good with reasonable prices.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

The compressed air idea is a good one and may solve the issue. It may however be that the fan is on its last legs. In general, these things can be changed out pretty easily if you have some manual dexterity. Fans are easily seen once the insides are exposed and if you had the replacement part, you likely could fix it yourself.

Additionally, London Drugs has a repair shop in it and Bob knows his way around computers. Also, beyond ink does repair work.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mug99

Post by mug99 »

Yes, Computer ETC is really good. Don't be afraid of the appearance of the place, as the workmanship is very good. It is located at Main and Pandmore.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Most of the time that I fix laptops a can of air doesnt do it...its almost to late...when a fan is grinding its either the dust has killed the bearings...or so much dust fluff cat hair whatnot in there slowing down the fan. Also sometimes that junk is built up right on the cooling fins inside that you have to pull it apart to remove it.

Remember whoever does the cleaning make sure while they are at it to replace the thermal paste with a good thermal conductor either from Artic Cooling or Artic silver 5....cause the old thermal paste is probably dried out or flaking away.

Also another tip...if you are taking apart the machine...make sure you make a map of where the screws go and tape them on the map...dont just throw them all into a bag and try to figure it out when you putting your stuff back together.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.

Return to “Central Okanagan”