Two former committee members want to buy Challenge Penticton

southy
Lord of the Board

Two former committee members want to buy Challenge Penticton

Post by southy »

Sorry I couldn't include the story from today's Penticton Herald, but, it appears two members of Challenge Penticton have resigned so as to allow them to try and obtain the rights to Challenge Penticton. Steve Brown and unfortunately I can't recall the other gentlemans name from the story. I think it's great that two locals want to take a risk and get involved, however, the question that keeps creeping up in me is that Challenge Penticton has not fully disclosed their financial records to the public and there is some question as to what is really in those financial records. Would it not be in the City of Penticton's best interest to allow that information to come forward before seeking buyers. Did the taxpayers not fund this event last year? Perhaps I'm wrong. I do recall seeing a letter to the editor targeting Dan Ashton to assist with the Freedom of Information act as this individual had requested Challenge financial information from the City and has not received it. Not trying to be a naysayer ... but something just isn't sitting right with this. Anyone else with more information care to join in? I'd be very interested in hearing the facts.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Re: Two former committee members want to buy Challenge Penti

Post by Anonymous123 »

Is this a good thing?
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
livewire
Fledgling

Post by livewire »

I think it's a great idea. Ownership = investment... both mentally and financially.
maggiedoon
Fledgling

Post by maggiedoon »

I wonder how the volunteers will feel about volunteering their time for a "for profit" business?
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

maggiedoon wrote:I wonder how the volunteers will feel about volunteering their time for a "for profit" business?

Probably the same way they felt volunteering for Ironman, a global for profit business. Personally I would prefer two locals with vested interests in it's success than an absentee owner. You?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “Central Okanagan”