City and PHA court case

grlwndr

City and PHA court case

Post by grlwndr »

The city and PHA are fighting in court and tax payer money is just sitting there
southy
Lord of the Board

Re: City and PHA court case

Post by southy »

Who is paying the legal bills?
FSmith59
Banned

Post by FSmith59 »

southy wrote:Who is paying the legal bills?

You and me.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I really don't understand why the PHA is taking this to court. They can't hope to get the job back, and their reputation swirls further down the drain with every step they take to forestall the inevitable. They have appeared, to me at least, to be a petty and vindictive group, this certainly isn't doing anything to change that.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Fighting over what? I checked out the PHA website and Facebook site, and there has been nothing posted since May 2013 on either site.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

fluffy wrote:I really don't understand why the PHA is taking this to court.

Follow the money. Hotelier with an unmatched ego on daddy's dime et al and you find the turnips that live outside of the lit areas. Nothing like getting your dirty work done under a Harry Potter cloak of invisibility whilst being a community phillanthopist to the gullible.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
grlwndr

Post by grlwndr »

fluffy wrote:I really don't understand why the PHA is taking this to court. They can't hope to get the job back, and their reputation swirls further down the drain with every step they take to forestall the inevitable. They have appeared, to me at least, to be a petty and vindictive group, this certainly isn't doing anything to change that.

The city took the PHA to court, not the other way around. There's a story about it here.*bleep*/newsitem/power-strugg ... rdy/it9085
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

grlwndr wrote:

The city took the PHA to court, not the other way around. There's a story about it here.*bleep*/newsitem/power-strugg ... rdy/it9085

Fluffy didn't say the PHA took the city to court, he said he didn't know why the PHA allowed this to be taken to court. The PHA was warned that litigation would be initiated if they did not comply with the city's demand for release of the funds. So while it is true the city took the PHA to court, it is the PHA that forced that outcome despite arbitration efforts as well.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
my10cents

Post by my10cents »

I've been away for a while - what is the update on this story? Was a decision made?
my10cents

Post by my10cents »

Thanks for the background information, I appreciate it. I suppose this still shows that there hasn't been a decision made as to who takes control of the money?
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

Hey, just think - the City will be early for next year's tourism season. There's always a bright side - lol.
FSmith59
Banned

Post by FSmith59 »

pentona wrote:Hey, just think - the City will be early for next year's tourism season. There's always a bright side - lol.

Only once the now unheard of PHA is dissolved, and the money collected and then given to them is returned to the City, so they can actually use it for the advertising it was intended to be used for, will there be a bright side.
CTF
Fledgling

Post by CTF »

FSmith59 wrote:
Only once the now unheard of PHA is dissolved, and the money collected and then given to them is returned to the City, so they can actually use it for the advertising it was intended to be used for, will there be a bright side.

I strongly agree. Hope this get's resolved before Westjet comes to town - would hate to bungle that opportuntiy
my10cents

Post by my10cents »

CTF wrote:
I strongly agree. Hope this get's resolved before Westjet comes to town - would hate to bungle that opportuntiy

Interesting that this has all gone quiet. Wonder if they are at a gridlock on this issue.
CTF
Fledgling

Post by CTF »

my10cents wrote:

Interesting that this has all gone quiet. Wonder if they are at a gridlock on this issue.

Good question - the announcement was made so at this point it seems safe to assume WestJet will be coming to Penticton this fall. I am looking forward to it and hope not just Penticton but also Summerland, Oliver,Osoyoos & RDOS realize this is a huge opportunity for our region.

Return to “Central Okanagan”