Conservation kills innocent bear family - AGAIN

FSmith59
Banned

Re: Conservation kill innocent bear family - AGAIN

Post by FSmith59 »

PDT wrote:They aren't conserving anything. When was the last time a bear actually hurt anyone within an Okanagan town? If they were truly about conservation, they would also be educating the public on a regular basis about dealing with wildlife.

You are contradicting yourself.

Maybe the reason no one has been hurt by a bear is because the problem bears have been dealt with, by the conservation officers.

The conservation officers do make statements every year, to educate the public of what to or not to do, yet a few idiots in every neighbourhood just don't get it.

The reason the bears needed to be put down, is 100% the fault of the idiots in that neighbourhood that just don't get it.

Believe me, I'd rather see the people that ignore these warnings, or just don't care, be put down.

There are a lot more humans than bears out there. We would still survive if we lost a few idiot humans.
pattergrub
Fledgling

Re: Conservation kills innocent bear family - AGAIN

Post by pattergrub »

[The reason the bears needed to be put down, is 100% the fault of the idiots in that neighbourhood that just don't get it.

Believe me, I'd rather see the people that ignore these warnings, or just don't care, be put down.

There are a lot more humans than bears out there. We would still survive if we lost a few idiot humans.[/quote]

well said!!! have seen my neighbours put their garbage out as much as three days early!!!
satisfaction is the death of desire!!
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Always Sunny wrote:At my previous job in northern Ontario I've shown up for work and found 6 bags of trash torn apart and strewn about the parking area just outside of my office window. The "secure" garbage bin was torn apart by a bear(s).

Later I go home (to my townhouse complex) to find the screen of my front door shredded. I literally lived in the unit between a police officer and two conservation officers. The cop told me "yeah, there was a bear out here this morning, he tried getting into your house". Perfect. At least I was at work (walking distance away) cleaning up the mess he'd made the night before.

I don't leave garbage out. There was certain no reason for it to try and gain entry into my house, yet it showed absolutely no fear of being around humans. This is how situations can escalate when problem bears are allowed to become even bigger problems unfortunately.

Why would the bear single out your house?
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Always Sunny wrote:At my previous job in northern Ontario I've shown up for work and found 6 bags of trash torn apart and strewn about the parking area just outside of my office window. The "secure" garbage bin was torn apart by a bear(s).

Later I go home (to my townhouse complex) to find the screen of my front door shredded. I literally lived in the unit between a police officer and two conservation officers. The cop told me "yeah, there was a bear out here this morning, he tried getting into your house". Perfect. At least I was at work (walking distance away) cleaning up the mess he'd made the night before.

I don't leave garbage out. There was certain no reason for it to try and gain entry into my house, yet it showed absolutely no fear of being around humans. This is how situations can escalate when problem bears are allowed to become even bigger problems unfortunately.

Anonymous123 wrote:Why would the bear single out your house?

I don't know. Maybe he was casing the place from the woods. Figured out our work schedule, when we'd be home, what kind of groceries we kept in the fridge, wanted to steal our electronics for drug money?

It's a bear! I doubt it was anything more than becoming way too comfortable in town and possibly becoming aggressive towards people in general. Just happy we weren't home and the inside door wasn't open (which it almost exclusively was if we were home).
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Anonymous123 wrote:
Why would the bear single out your house?

Maybe it was the Country Farms gift pack that was just delivered thru the mail slot.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

The Conservation Officers are doing their jobs protecting you so that you don't get killed by an animal that will do so if you get between her and her cubs.

Put your friggin' garbage away and clean up your pig sty yards, people!
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
dirtguy
Board Meister

Post by dirtguy »

The people complaining about this are the same ones who would freak out at the co's when one of there kids got attacked, why didn't the co's do something about this before this happened. Hypocrites
Bretbaby
Übergod

Post by Bretbaby »

I love how people ask why they can't be relocated! Um, maybe because they've been eating your garbage for the past year or so and that's all they know how to do?
roxybear9

Post by roxybear9 »

We need to get this by law implemented.
We need to get councils attention.
It works in Kamloops and it can work here.
I see people putting their garbage out at 5pm the night before and the next day they call conservation.

Check it out
http://www.kamloops.ca/garbage/bearawarebylaw.shtml

Return to “Central Okanagan”