Skaha Hills

Dawnland
Board Meister

Re: Skaha Hills

Post by Dawnland »

Two-bits;
I don`t understand what the issue is with Skaha Hills development? Is it the sewer and water?
Why would there be an issue with a progressive service agreement? After-all, that partnership was integral planning in the upgrades in 2008.

"Council voted unanimously in favour of an agreement linking city sewer lines to the new Skaha Hills development overlooking the south entrance to Penticton. The city’s $285,000 share of the project cost will be taken from sewer system reserve funds.
Coun. Wes Hopkin noted the city’s contribution will eventually be covered by fees paid through the service agreement with the Penticton Indian Band. Hopkin said it’s a much better alternative to having the band build and operate its own sewer plant."

The Band and the city are working together for new and efficient development. This is possible, in part, to the protocol agreement with RDOS, PIB and the City of Penticton. It's important to partner with regional publics to promote the area. No one is going to inject new dollars in an old time-y segregated market.
youhavegottobekidding
Fledgling

Post by youhavegottobekidding »

can I respectfully ask "what is a segregated y market??"

Thank you.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Dawnland wrote:Two-bits;
I don`t understand what the issue is with Skaha Hills development? Is it the sewer and water?

The issue is some people get their knickers in a knot if the P.I.B. does any sort of development, of course there are also a few who get said knickers in the same knot if the P.I.B. doesn't do any sort of development, then of course there are others that wad up their drawers if anybody does or doesn't do anything at all, anywhere in the valley.

Generally the problem is with underwear macrame happen to people with access to the internet.

(Of course these remarks are not leveled at any fine posters in this fine thread.)

Other than that, there is no real problem, private people, companies and even PIB regularly pull off housing developments and manage to provide the home buyers with all sorts of fancy stuff like clean water, proper sewage treatment, even electricity.

Of course the real problem is many of those new homes will eventually have internet access and invariably some will be occupied with individuals, who, upon finding out about the newest development coming just past theirs, will get on this and countless other forums and decry the unfairness of it all and twist gonch all anew loudly to anyone who will listen.

The last council meeting I went to, and I kid you not a word of a lie here, the room was crowded with home owners from the newest development of a community, standing united against the prospect of houses being added on in another development just past theirs. I'm just glad a good citizen stood up and told them he was at the meeting, 4 years ago where all the locals had stood united against the prospect of the houses that they now lived in.
On a different forum
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Of course the real problem is many of those new homes will eventually have internet access and invariably some will be occupied with individuals, who, upon finding out about the newest development coming just past theirs, will get on this and countless other forums and decry the unfairness of it all and twist gonch all anew loudly to anyone who will listen.

Oh, I don't know... I find it pretty easy to cut the wheat from the chaff. For example, I don't believe land development is ticking along in North Korea, or any of the other top 20 non-internet using countries.

Country/percentage of use
Eritrea 0.8%
East Timor 0.9%
Burma 1.1%
Burundi 1.2%
Sierra Leone 1.3%
Niger 1.4%
Somalia 1.4%
Ethiopia 1.5%
Guinea 1.5%
Democratic Republic of the Congo 1.7%
Madagascar 2.1%
Chad 2.1%
Mali 2.2%
Papua New Guinea 2.3%
Ivory Coast 2.4%
Guinea-Bissau 2.9%
Central African Republic 3.0%
Burkina Faso 3.7%
Benin 3.8%
Liberia 3.8%
Togo 4.0%
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...

Return to “Central Okanagan”