Monster trucks

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.

Monster trucks: Are you going?

Yes
12%
No
82%
All depends, do they give donuts?
6%

Total votes: 34

matai
Banned

Monster trucks

Post by matai »

Monster trucks: Are you going?
southy
Lord of the Board

Re: Monster trucks

Post by southy »

No! Can't see myself paying for noise and air pollution! I cherish both my ears and lungs. Enjoy yourself though.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

I'd consider going, but i really dont feel like paying for a full seat when i only need the edge.
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

southy wrote:No! Can't see myself paying for noise and air pollution! I cherish both my ears and lungs. Enjoy yourself though.

I saw them in Montreal & Quebec City, was pretty cool! And seeing the bikes backflips and stuff as well.

Just make sure you sit as low as possible as the fumes are going up and you'll be enjoying the show at its fullest. They're pretty affordable as well.

Edit: It was actually different guys but still:
http://www.chrisarel.com/blog/?
Kyle77

Post by Kyle77 »

Thought about going but I am busy. Everything always happens on the same weekend.
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

Should have added "would like to go" to your poll. Same as Kyle; busy that w/e. Enjoy the show!
SRV

Post by SRV »

2 kids tickets $10 each plus $10.75 each service fees plus $3.50 ticket charge.

How they can advertise tickets at $10 I don't know.
wanderingchef
Fledgling

Post by wanderingchef »

Went with a group of three..... Brought my 2 year old son. Scored pit passes for free which was awesome for the little guy They were only $5 each. Took a ride on the Monster truck for $10 each for 3-4minutes of excitement. Then the show started. Yep, it was loud. That's what hearing protection is for. As for air pollution.....They do not "IDLE" these vehicles. No vehicle was ever running for more then 3 minutes(and only the 2, 4-stroke motorcycles ran that long) Carbon monoxide sinks because it is heavier then air, with multiple low level bay doors and entrance/exit doors the building was never smokey or intoxicating. The Drivers put on a great show for the small confines of the SOEC. The freestyle motocross was also rad. It is nut's to see what the pros can pull off no matter the jumping set-up. My little guy absolutely loved the experience. All in I think I spent $100 but had a wicked night with my family. Worth every penny.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

My little guy loved it too! SO did I. I thought they put on a good show considering the limited space in the arena.

Best part of course was ATD hobbies and the RC Cars. One of the guys had my old big 1/5 scale gas one that I now TOTALLY regret selling!
Tero
Board Meister

Post by Tero »

wanderingchef wrote:Went with a group of three..... Brought my 2 year old son. Scored pit passes for free which was awesome for the little guy They were only $5 each. Took a ride on the Monster truck for $10 each for 3-4minutes of excitement. Then the show started. Yep, it was loud. That's what hearing protection is for. As for air pollution.....They do not "IDLE" these vehicles. No vehicle was ever running for more then 3 minutes(and only the 2, 4-stroke motorcycles ran that long) Carbon monoxide sinks because it is heavier then air, with multiple low level bay doors and entrance/exit doors the building was never smokey or intoxicating. The Drivers put on a great show for the small confines of the SOEC. The freestyle motocross was also rad. It is nut's to see what the pros can pull off no matter the jumping set-up. My little guy absolutely loved the experience. All in I think I spent $100 but had a wicked night with my family. Worth every penny.

It's nice to see a positive review. Monster Trucks are so not my thing, but I'm glad there's a variety of entertainment at the SOEC. :-)
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

Thanks for that post Wanderingchef. I'll keep an eye out for them coming back. My 2 boys are both dying to get their hands on good R/C cars so may of been a more expensive excursion for me.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bumped Up

Who the Hell goes to this stupidity, talk about a total waste of fuel.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... is-weekend

I would laugh incredibly hard if there was EV’s in parking lot.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Hassel99 wrote: Apr 30th, 2014, 8:26 pm I'd consider going, but i really dont feel like paying for a full seat when i only need the edge.
LOL !! What bugs me is I pay for the full seat and I don`t get a complementary pillow ..

I did better in a 92 Hyundai Excel ..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

GordonH wrote: May 10th, 2022, 8:17 pm Bumped Up

Who the Hell goes to this stupidity, talk about a total waste of fuel.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... is-weekend

I would laugh incredibly hard if there was EV’s in parking lot.
Oh come on Gordon, don't be a party-pooper.
A total waste of fuel? You can say the same thing to those who drive full sise pickups instead of a small SUV. Heck, even the Snowbirds could be considered a waste of fuel.

Hey, if they come to Kamloops I'll take my grandkids. These trucks are a blast.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Boarder4
Fledgling

Post by Boarder4 »

Gordon go back to the Trailer Park! The trucks are awesome!! Nice to get out again

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”