Naramations squawking about peacocks again!

southy
Lord of the Board

Naramations squawking about peacocks again!

Post by southy »

The appearance of three young peacocks at The Centre at Naramata this week, has created some concern.

Executive director Janet McDonald said the birds, which she believes to be two males and one female, showed up Tuesday morning in front of the centre.

"It is worrying because we have children coming and it's a busier time of year for the centre," said McDonald. "I am working with Karla Kozakevich on the matter and hopefully it will be resolved."

Really Janet McDonald???? Run for your lives ... the sky is falling .. the peacocks have come back run run run. Peacocks in Naramata have never been and never will be a threat to children. I have had folks who stayed at the Centre tell me the staff and management took pride in the previous peacocks .. they even roamed into some of their buildings because they felt safe. Now all of a suddden they are a threat to young children. I also wonder what gives Janet McDonald the right to say she is working to resolve this matter. Since when did this become an exclusive Naramata Centre issue?? I thought it was an issue or non issue for the village of Naramata. I have also heard that Janet McDonald and her staff are in the process of bringing in some chickens, goats, etc. Ahhhh ... speaking of dangers to children ... just saying. Perhaps the peacocks might enjoy living with the Centre animals.

I also find it amusing that an elected official like Karla Kozakevich must spend her valuable time dealing with the Centre's problem with peacocks. I'm sure she has more important issues to address. Oh well ... that's Naramata I guess. Great place to visit.
youhavegottobekidding
Fledgling

Re: Naramations squawking about peacocks again!

Post by youhavegottobekidding »

I love peacocks...They are beautiful and sound just great...
0gopogo
Fledgling

Post by 0gopogo »

The Naramata peacocks are cool. And so are the swans we see every winter in the lake.
Maybe they'll all be threatening to lil kids.
Honestly, Janet McDonald......get a life.
youhavegottobekidding
Fledgling

Post by youhavegottobekidding »

OH MY GOD, THE BIRDS ARE BACK...................run everyone, RUN...............hide the kids
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rosemary1 »

They are beautiful birds and no threat. We often visit naramata with out ids and look for peacock sightings.

To anyone seeing peacocks as a threat or nuisance I would suggest that perhaps you need to be living in the heart of Vancouver or some other concrete jungle. Grid lock noisy traffic is so much better and safer for children and nicer to fall asleep to than wandering peacocks in the neighbourhood.

And please don't split up mated pairs again. How cruel!.
If we ask the right questions we can change the world with the right answers
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

I too love visiting Naramata and seeing and hearing the peacocks. Can't believe the RDOS and the RDOS director for Naramata have to get involved in this community matter. I would also like to think that since Naramata Centre is not having summer programs Janet MacDonald will now leave the peacocks alone. No kids for them to go after and harm :)

Good link with comments from others who feel the same way: http://www.mynaramata.com/show4926a/The ... er_Peacock

Return to “Central Okanagan”