Carmi / Beaverdell area dumping & shooting.

dsadlftr

Carmi / Beaverdell area dumping & shooting.

Post by dsadlftr »

Why???? Every day I see new piles of junk or vehicles with junk heading up Carmi. The Landfill is meant for this, not the forest. Have a bit of respect for our/your back country spaces people! The thought processes going through the minds of the people that feel their junk is different than anyone else's garbage, that someone else will pick up their crap must be totally warped.
The worst is when the folks with guns go up to shoot off their weapons (instead of going to the gun range) and use the garbage left by others as targets. Gunfire scares animals (and me) and disrupts the peace and quiet of the outdoors. You guys are selfish and reckless. Leaving your broken beer bottles and cans behind is just the icing on the cake.
Take your crap to the dump and take your guns to the gun range & leave the back country alone. The way some people treat this area is a social comment on what we are doing to our world... treating it like we have another one to go to after this one is used up.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Re: Carmi / Beaverdell area dumping & Shooting.

Post by LTD »

while I agree with you on dumping garbage and have reported several people for such ignorance you have no right to tell people not to shoot in the bush because it scares you and the animals lol , I shoot in the bush on a regular basis I also bring my shells and targets home when im done and will continue to do so despite disturbing your tree hugging
dsadlftr

Post by dsadlftr »

while you may know where you are shooting and pick up after yourself, I have no idea what direction your bullets are being fired or if they may ricochet. Gun ranges are a good place to shoot. Not everyone picks up casings after themselves.
Try hgging a tree - they only give us oxygen... which we breathe.
Buckeye19
Board Meister

Post by Buckeye19 »

Walking around in the bush scares animals too. Maybe you should stop doing that. There is absolutely nothing wrong with shooting guns in the bush provided there is a safe backdrop and one cleans up after themselves, just like many other activities.
dsadlftr

Post by dsadlftr »

There is a huge difference between enjoying a walk in the bush and how much is disturbs and firing off weapons and how much that disrupts the peace. Not to mention... how does anyone on the approaching side of gun fire know that they are not at risk of being shot? The beer cans mixed with shell casings tell a tale for me. There are armed and inebriated folks out there.
PennaskRainbow

Post by PennaskRainbow »

One of the worst spots I've seen is the gravel pit a km or so from the cattleguard up Carmi, there has to be hundreds and hundreds of shotgun shells.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

The problem with shooting guns in the Upper Carmi area is that there are Neanderthals out there that do not realize how far up the mountain is actually privately owned residential acreages. For these few idiots, they think that if ya can't see a house, it must be crown land. Rifle bullets can be lethal to more than a mile away. The entire Upper Carmi area and extending 1 mile east of the cattle guard is a designated no shooting zone for this reason. Responsible hunters and gun owners would know about this exclusion area. It is the 5% of beer can shooters that the residents up there worry about. I know someone up there very well and once the snow leaves the ground, nary a weekend will pass without the sound of gunfire.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

It's unfortunate that we live in a day and age where hooligans in the bush are out numbering considerate people.
The problem with Illegal dumping and shooting in the bush is that far too many knuckleheads feel that they can do as they please and no one can stop them.
It all boils down to personal integrity and trust.
Many backwoods users are absolutely out of control and do not understand whats right or wrong.
While these Hooligans think they are having fun by destroying items that don't have no business in the bush, it leads me to believe that jail is the only place for them, as well as a ban from the backwoods for a few years, so they get the message.

The backroads everywhere has the same problems, garbage illegally dumped, and punks shooting anything and everything they can, and leaving more of a mess then one can imagine.

What kind of values do these morons have anyway?
Who raised them to be that way?

It is absolutely sickening to see the garbage and shotgun shells everywhere, and CO's can only act if the general public reports the incidents while it happens, the odds of these hooligans being caught are slim to none, and thats the real problem.

Outlaw guns in the back country unless it's hunting season, and impose heavy fines for those who don't understand.
If your idea of fun is shooting a tv to a million pieces then you need help seriously.
0gopogo
Fledgling

Post by 0gopogo »

*removed*
Last edited by Merry on May 5th, 2014, 7:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Personal attack
PennaskRainbow

Post by PennaskRainbow »

UltraViolet wrote:It's unfortunate that we live in a day and age where hooligans in the bush are out numbering considerate people.
The problem with Illegal dumping and shooting in the bush is that far too many knuckleheads feel that they can do as they please and no one can stop them.
It all boils down to personal integrity and trust.
Many backwoods users are absolutely out of control and do not understand whats right or wrong.
While these Hooligans think they are having fun by destroying items that don't have no business in the bush, it leads me to believe that jail is the only place for them, as well as a ban from the backwoods for a few years, so they get the message.

The backroads everywhere has the same problems, garbage illegally dumped, and punks shooting anything and everything they can, and leaving more of a mess then one can imagine.

What kind of values do these morons have anyway?
Who raised them to be that way?

It is absolutely sickening to see the garbage and shotgun shells everywhere, and CO's can only act if the general public reports the incidents while it happens, the odds of these hooligans being caught are slim to none, and thats the real problem.

Outlaw guns in the back country unless it's hunting season, and impose heavy fines for those who don't understand.
If your idea of fun is shooting a tv to a million pieces then you need help seriously.

I shoot in the back country, I find that the people at the shooting ranges not very nice, that said there is a certain type of terrain I'll shoot in and that's it. Never close to the city.

I remember I was out hiking in the Monashee's with a friend when we spotted two "outdoors men" driving up the side of the mountain ripping up alpine meadow. I waved them over a explained to them in a respectful way, that the meadow they are ripping up has a very delicate ecology and that it would probably never heal from the damage they've just caused. Well one thing lead to another and we almost came to blows at which time these idiots decided to continue on doing what they were doing just to spite us.

Just cause you can buy a gun doesn't mean you should own a gun, just cause you can buy an ATV doesn't mean you have the right to go drive anywhere you want. We need more enforcement, better education and very very large fines.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

You must be fairly new to Penticton because Carmi has been a hot spot for recreational shooters forever and always will be, there are lots of other places that are a lot nicer without shooters for casual weekend dog walking warriors!
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

fall wrote:You must be fairly new to Penticton because Carmi has been a hot spot for recreational shooters forever and always will be, there are lots of other places that are a lot nicer without shooters for casual weekend dog walking warriors!

Doesn't make it right.

If the shooters are displaying a little common sense, that's one thing, but I trust you are not defending the illegal dumping. Karma has a little treat waiting for those low lifes.
madmudder
Board Meister

Post by madmudder »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 5th, 2014, 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
0gopogo
Fledgling

Post by 0gopogo »

[color=#FF00FF]*removed*[/color]
Last edited by ferri on May 5th, 2014, 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: if you have a question, pm a moderator
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Too bad people illegally dump anything. For what saving a lousy 10 bux at the landfill? I'll bet it costs more in gas money just to go up and dump stuff.

1. All electronics are collected at the Battery Dr. which are shipped and crushed for their metals.

2. All glass is collected and crushed and shipped.

3. Yard waste is free at the dump.

4. All wood waste is used for the Ogogrow program.

5. 3 or 4 Metal recycling places in town, just pick on, they have bins out to be filled, they don't even have to be open.

Nearly all of this in town.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Central Okanagan”