Nude beach, Penticton: posted "No Trespassing"

cv23
Guru

Re: Nude beach, Penticton is posted "NO TRESPASSING"

Post by cv23 »

Dawnland wrote: He militarized it for PR.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Nude+be ... story.html

Wow he's really going all out promoting his property now, or is it just a minuscule special interest group simply whining up a storm in hopes that someone will give them some very expensive and much sought after Okanagan beach front property for free?
The property they love so much is for sale why don't they just buy it?
coolworx
Fledgling

Post by coolworx »

Can 3-mile really have been called a "nude beach"?
Granted, I'd only been there twice, but It seemed like more of a gay-pickup spot to this visitor.

Now I see nothing wrong with the panoply of peoples' proclivities, but they should stay private, no?
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

cv23 wrote:
The property they love so much is for sale why don't they just buy it?

Perhaps the lack of pockets prevents the accumulation of coin?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

So, if I post some craigslist ad's showing how most local parks - the Kelowna Duck Pathway especially - are used as meeting spots for people looking for casual sex, can I also smear those locations as "sex meeting spots"?

What a flipping joke. Family values indeed.
Last edited by Atomoa on Aug 7th, 2014, 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Is anyone surprised about this. I would bet that more than a few of those 100 signatures have never even been to the beach and sign just because they are opposed to any sort of nudist beach anywhere on the planet.
The only way there is ever going to be a nude beach in the area is if a private property owner allows it.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

mrmagoo
Fledgling

Post by mrmagoo »

I think there should be a clothing optional beach - just not on private land unless someone agrees to it. The question is whether there is any suitable public beach that could be designated that way?

I know if I bought an expensive lakefront/view home and found I had to swerve around the nudies at the beach below I'd be a bit peeved. I just didn't grow up with it and really don't enjoy seeing stranger's dangly bits waving in the breezes while I'm setting out my picnic gear.

As for the CL casual sex nude beach link - c'mon don't you people have cars? How are you getting to that beach anyway? I agree that if it is true families might have reason to complain. Tough one to get through while you are dishing out the potato salad to your kids.

If there is no private or public beach available - suck it up and put on some clothes. They make some pretty tiny mankinis these days.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

mrmagoo wrote:I think there should be a clothing optional beach - just not on private land unless someone agrees to it. The question is whether there is any suitable public beach that could be designated that way?

You are never going to find a piece of City of Penticton beach, no matter how isolated, that will not bring out a few dozen morality police citizens to shut it down.*removed*
Last edited by Jo on Aug 9th, 2014, 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off-topic

mrmagoo
Fledgling

Post by mrmagoo »

*removed*
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Give them the area where the Geese congregate. That will get it cleaned up.
Last edited by Donald G on Aug 7th, 2014, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

*removed*

mrmagoo
Fledgling

Post by mrmagoo »

I don't own a business in town. I don't know who "m" is. I have no personal agenda but I do have a background in applied research at the university level. And yes, until recently, I read the boards sporadically, but did not post. Probably like a lot of folks out there.

It is the safety aspect of this matter that is an issue for me and this is the reason I posted to start - the debate got larger from there. You are entitled to your opinion but my "overwhelming efforts" are not aimed at discrediting a first year effort. My statements have been based in fact, and where based on opinion I've clearly stated that and my view is that they fall within fair comment.

I read up on this early and knew that things were not going well from a public safety perspective, researched it and worried that someone would die or be permanently injured, then said, well now that it is coming lets do what we can to make it a good event, and then someone did die. I don't want to see that happen next year and Boonstock will probably come back. I've repeatedly said it could be a good event, but not run like it was this year.

What has kept me posting are the significant misstatements of fact, or opinion as fact, and the knowledge that someone with authority to do something probably is reading this board. I'm damn good at research and if can present a reasoned analysis maybe someone will run with it and change things for the better.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

*removed*
Last edited by Jo on Aug 9th, 2014, 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrmagoo
Fledgling

Post by mrmagoo »

*removed*
Last edited by Jo on Aug 9th, 2014, 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

mrmagoo wrote:

I read up on this early and knew that things were not going well from a public safety perspective, researched it and worried that someone would die or be permanently injured, then said, well now that it is coming lets do what we can to make it a good event, and then someone did die.

From a public safety perspective....really. If you are that much a a public safety advocate, perhaps you should research and lobby your local MLA`s, MP`s to put a stop to all human risk activities. I am not going to flog a dead horse here but your altruistic notions of researching public safety and thus condemning a music festival because one...or ninety people made a bad personal choice are nothing more than your casting a moral rule on someone elses life choices. If you where sincere in your quest for absolute public safety, saving everyone from their own poor decisions......why not shut down every damn ski hill in the province. We have more deaths every year from out of control skiers, back country boarders that get lost and die of hypothermia than we lose at music festivals. People make personal choices. I, nor you are going to change that.
Perhaps you should read up some more and realize that all we can do as compassionate human beings is offer up our best advice. It is up to the person hearing our advice to either hear it or disregard it. We will never save everyone despite our best efforts.

Return to “North Okanagan”