Nude beach, Penticton: posted "No Trespassing"

twobits
Guru

Re: Nude beach, Penticton is posted "NO TRESPASSING"

Post by twobits »

*removed*
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
mrmagoo
Fledgling

Post by mrmagoo »

The issue is not stopping people from making the choice to engage in something riskier than sitting on the couch.

The issue is that if you are paying to participate in anything, skiing included, the person making money from it needs to meet a reasonable standard of care. They don't need to babysit, they need to have an approved safety plan and manage risk sensibly. This is reasonable and is, in fact, the law.

You can check out occupiers liability for more about the reasons why this is an issue and why our society enforces these concepts here (or just google it):
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 20Mullings).ppt&ei=Ue_kU4WyBYHuoASC6YGACA&usg=AFQjCNFp89gnCB2AObTtMzBOR0NBZiCP7w&sig2=cAcdstf-Mf3RJ2w1pf0oYA

*removed*
Last edited by Jo on Aug 9th, 2014, 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off-topic
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

mrmagoo wrote: The issue is not stopping people from making the choice to engage in something riskier than sitting on the couch.

The issue is that if you are paying to participate in anything, skiing included, the person making money from it needs to meet a reasonable standard of care. They don't need to babysit, they need to have an approved safety plan and manage risk sensibly. This is reasonable and is, in fact, the law.

I don`t think we disagree. The safety plan was in fact signed off by the local RCMP. Fact. Why is it that you are willing to accept the safety plans in place at ski hills, all approved by the required regulatory bodies, yet deaths occur every season. Where is your lobbying for better safety plans and enforcement at ski hills. There are also countless rescues of back country adventurists that make bad choices about going out of bounds. (Just like the alcohol and drug impaired festival goers.) Who picks up the tab for those bad choices by skiers and boarders. The problem I have with your position is that you are holding a music festival to a much higher standard of responsibility than countless other businesses and activities that occur on a daily basis. And that is why I think you are biased and have an agenda.

*removed*
Last edited by Jo on Aug 9th, 2014, 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off-topic
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

*removed*
Last edited by Jo on Aug 9th, 2014, 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off-topic - if you see a problem post, report it
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
mrmagoo
Fledgling

Post by mrmagoo »

The RCMP did not sign off on the safety plan to the best of my knowledge.
jusme3

Post by jusme3 »

*removed*
Last edited by Jo on Aug 9th, 2014, 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: your post was just as off-topic
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

jusme3 wrote:Why has this thread degenerated from being about the nude beach into more references re: boonstock?

Report any off topic posts and the mods will deal with them. Click on the exclamation mark beside the quote button, top right.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Perhaps the sign, properly translated means, "No tresses past here" ... as in "Nude Beach" past this point?
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Stay on topic please!
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
Brushy Bill
Board Meister

Nudes

Post by Brushy Bill »

Wow , 16 pages of debate.
Mention nudity around here and it sure gets attention.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

I get the impression that some of the people posting here would be devastated if there husband or wife was to see them naked in the bedroom,let alone on a private and posted nude beach in Penticton. Lordy, lordy lordy.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

No problem with nudity per se, but can't agree with a bunch of nudists who lose access to the normal beach [that is in fact private property] and who then decide to practice their nude sunbathing on a public beach normally frequented by families with children, etc. Not everyone is into public nudity and indeed those who are nudists are in the minority by my measure. For sure, they should be more considerate of others who might not be in favor of the practice.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

加国天体爱好者到公共海滩裸泳 居民不满(组图)
加拿大家园 2014-07-27 08:15 来源: 世界日报 作者:
天体爱好者改到公众地方享受天体浴,引起附近民众不满。(取材自脸书)

曾聚集在卑诗内陆城镇潘狄顿市(Penticton)一私人沙滩内享受「天体浴」的裸泳者们,遭到业主驱赶而欲将裸泳地点改在公共海滩,引起附近民众不满。

拥有奥肯那根湖畔「Three Mile Beach」七英亩大土地的Pinkowski家族,上个月设立栅栏、警告标语及保安,禁止裸泳者使用。据了解,该家族在2006年买下这块地之後,曾多次尝试出售,但是因为这些裸泳者在,让很多潜在买家望而却步。

如今,这些裸泳者在附近一个公共海滩「开辟」了一个新天地,但却引发周围民众抗议。「我和家人感觉受到了严重的侵犯,」面湖而居的罗扎尔(Dennis Roszell)说,「他们不能在公众地方设立裸泳海滩,这对其他人来说是非常不尊重。」 家 园 新 闻

★爱好者盼政府设裸泳区

天体爱好者沃齐纳(Dustin Wolchina)透露,他们曾在其他区域寻找合适地点,但不是太危险就是只对船苹开放。他希望市府能够介入,将「Three Mile Beach」定为可裸泳区;并强调他们一直奉公守法,未做出不当举动,不解为何遭人恶意对待。

加拿大家园, 但有居民指他们在公共区域举止轻佻,甚至对儿童做出不雅举动,认为缺乏对他人的尊重。 加拿 大 家 园网
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
Last edited by Drip_Torch on Apr 12th, 2015, 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

I found that if I rented a small crane and rigged a block and tackle system to that big tree down by the south end of the beach I could lean out far enough to sometimes see the nudists sun bathing.

I think it is just disgusting. Them just laying there. And they have been there every day this summer too. Especially that girl with that trashy red ribbon in her hair that did not show up last Sunday. Probably in church again. All so proper like with her hat and gloves inciting our poor innocent menfolk to god only knows what thoughts.
Madhue
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Madhue »

Maybe they should ask Mr. Kruger to use his Beach down by the airport... City isn't paying for it anymore.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Return to “North Okanagan”