Hotels

normaM
The Pilgrim

Hotels

Post by normaM »

Want at least a Sat, Friday would be good too
Never been but once, would like fancy on a beer budget :/ Where do you suggest?
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
twobits
Guru

Re: Hotels

Post by twobits »

normaM wrote:Want at least a Sat, Friday would be good too
Never been but once, would like fancy on a beer budget :/ Where do you suggest?

Beer budget? Understand this one may have some availability.

http://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/ ... tion-order
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Ha! no there is a resort looks beautiful but costly
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Anonymous123 wrote:http://www.barefootresort.ca/rooms-rates/yurts/

You know what, to each his own as they say. I wish them well but why would you stay in an upscale tent (climate controlled and please tell me how you climate control a tent) for that kind of coin when you can get a beach view room for 4 at the Lakeside with all it's built in amenities for less money? I don't get it. As an aside, has anyone noticed the condition of airport beach since the city lease was refused? It is for the use of Barefoot beach resort now and speargrass has taken over. I presume they might clean it up when they build the soundstage there on the beach for the Boonstock Festival according to the website. That should go over well with the other campsites in the hood.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

It is crazy what is being charged for a night to sleep? We will not travel at times because sure, the flight is"cheap" but the rooms are outrageous. Sorry but 150 bucks for a dirty room is not a deal.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

logman wrote:It is crazy what is being charged for a night to sleep? We will not travel at times because sure, the flight is"cheap" but the rooms are outrageous. Sorry but 150 bucks for a dirty room is not a deal.

A friend and I over-nighted in Las Vegas a couple of months back and I was impressed how cheaply you can get into a nice room there these days. They're still feeling the pinch of the economic downtown of 2008/09 and are really hurting for people to come stay. $100 a night will get you into a higher end hotel while there are many perfectly decent choices to be had along the strip for half of that.

As for Penticton in the summertime, good luck if you're on a budget. $100 a night doesn't get you much around here, and nice places will cost you twice that or more.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Penticton, anywhere in summer is out to lunch for prices........being in the bus., it makes me shake my head, that people will and continue to pay those prices.......had peeps stay at Wright's Beach a few years ago, highway robbery what they charge to rent one of their trailers and then on top of it you have to pay the nightly camping fee.
But having said all that, Norma try the Days Inn, it's decent and might not be over the top, they have a nice courtyard and bbq's. you can use, outdoor pool.......another one is the Ramada, will probably be more than the Days though....
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

We are going on a Panama cruise later this year and were told we would not get a room in Ft Lauderdale for less than $150 per night by the travel agent. Found one at the Days inn by the airport for $70. for the night and free limo to the pier in the morning.
Same deal in San Diego coming home. So it's not a 5 star but who cares as long as it's clean.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
shoo
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by shoo »

Bsuds wrote:We are going on a Panama cruise later this year and were told we would not get a room in Ft Lauderdale for less than $150 per night by the travel agent. Found one at the Days inn by the airport for $70. for the night and free limo to the pier in the morning.
Same deal in San Diego coming home. So it's not a 5 star but who cares as long as it's clean.

We've done the same thing, only in ft. Launder dale it was a holiday inn. In San Diego we stayed at a best western and they stored our vehicle for the 2 1/2 weeks we were cruising and in Florida . The room costs were under $100 per night.

Have fun on your cruise...one of the best vacations ever!
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Bsuds wrote:We are going on a Panama cruise later this year and were told we would not get a room in Ft Lauderdale for less than $150 per night by the travel agent. Found one at the Days inn by the airport for $70. for the night and free limo to the pier in the morning.

I agree, as long as it is clean. Don't expect too much for limo though. I'll bet you a 6 pack that the limo is a van and some of the people in the back will be sitting on top of the luggage. But hey, if it get's ya to the boat, who cares. On your departure you are pumped about what is coming up and on the way home you are too tired to care.

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

twobits wrote:
Don't expect too much for limo though. I'll bet you a 6 pack that the limo is a van and some of the people in the back will be sitting on top of the luggage.

I know, we have travelled enough to know that limo is a very broad term.
"Transportation provided" is closer to reality.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

We stayed here a couple of nights... mind you, that was after spending HOURS at the Country Squire... but the rooms were clean and opened onto a nice grassy area that did not have screaming children (no pool) and loud men in checked shorts with socks and sandals.

http://www.villagemotel.com/

But what they hey!! Blow the beer budget and go First Class. Non-smoking rooms, NormaM, but they will cater to your every whim (almost). The dining room is so classy that only menus with prices are given to the MEN!!

http://www.westinbayshore.com/
Chill
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

flamingfingers wrote:The dining room is so classy that only menus with prices are given to the MEN!!

Then he hands the bill to her so she can pay! lol
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

flamingfingers wrote:The dining room is so classy that only menus with prices are given to the MEN!!

Bsuds wrote:Then he hands the bill to her so she can pay! lol

I suggest turning down the hearing aids when you give Mrs S the bill.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Return to “Central Okanagan”