Hotels

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Hotels

Post by Bsuds »

Not a problem they usually are.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Been there - took my SO for a weekend and when I opened my menu and found NO PRICES, I sneaked a look at his and there were prices!! He very quietly but VERY urgently pleaded with me, "Honey, honey, PLEASE don't throw the menu at the maitre de!! I just now gave him a foldover for this table."

The meal was fabulous I must admit. And the service beyond reproach.
Chill
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

flamingfingers wrote: The dining room is so classy that only menus with prices are given to the MEN!!

I find it amusing that one of the staunchest union supporters on these Castanet threads, supporter of equality in the workplace, equality between genders for wage compensation (all of which I would agree with) would describe a restaurant that is so blatantly stereotypical of the "man picks up the tab" as classy. What would have been more expected would be, "I'll never go to this place again. Can you believe they gave my husband the only menu with prices on it as if because I was the woman, I couldn't afford the prices".
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

Way past time for Penticton to get a brand new high quality resort and hotel.. Look at the several amazing resorts in Osoyoos. Too bad the waterslide resort and the Skaha-Delta stalled.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

assuming that Norma wants to stay in Penticton this summer; good luck. You would have had to book last year.

This town is crazy during the busiest time of the year.

We used to love to drive down during Peach fest and stay at the Lakeside but it got to be way too much for what you get.

it's a room for cry sakes. And they're not even that nice.

The little motels all along the lake front are very cool but not worth the dough.

I do understand though why they charge what they do. It's a narrow window.

And a great place to be in the summer. It requires planning though.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

You know what, to each his own as they say. I wish them well but why would you stay in an upscale tent (climate controlled and please tell me how you climate control a tent) for that kind of coin when you can get a beach view room for 4 at the Lakeside with all it's built in amenities for less money? I don't get it. As an aside, has anyone noticed the condition of airport beach since the city lease was refused? It is for the use of Barefoot beach resort now and speargrass has taken over. I presume they might clean it up when they build the soundstage there on the beach for the Boonstock Festival according to the website. That should go over well with the other campsites in the hood.

[/quote]The Yurts are way cool. and they are not tents. well kinda, but not really.

Up market and plush. Been in them.
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

For $160.00 a night plus tax for the smallest " Tent" and you complain about prices at the Lakeside?. Oh and great location right on the freeway!
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

In the grand scheme, 160.00 isn't bad. As I said, they're pretty nicely decked out. Much better value than the Lakeside.

I agree that the highway is a pain but that's what being close to the beach looks like.

And you maybe misunderstood. I don't really care what the cost for a room is. I always equate money spent with value received and you don't get that at many hotels.

I have an expectation when I shell out over 200 a night for a room. It needs to be at least clean and put together.

I have stayed in some really nice rooms for under 100 and some really sketchy ones for more than 200.
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

I still believe the Lakeside has a lot to offer for value and if you book the right way it will include many of the extras.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

The topic is hotels - not the personnel who work there.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

*removed*
Last edited by Jo on Jul 7th, 2014, 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off-topic - contact the moderator via PM with any questions about a moderator decision
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

*removed*
Last edited by Jo on Jul 8th, 2014, 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: potentially libelous

Return to “Central Okanagan”