Alice In Chains

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
logman
Übergod

Alice In Chains

Post by logman »

August 8th in Penticton. Anyone going? Wondering what the attendance will be like. I see the band is just coming off a huge Europe festival tour. I'm afraid the band's first stop after that will be a huge disappointment. Welcome home to sleepy small town Canada.
southy
Lord of the Board

Re: Alice In Chains

Post by southy »

logman wrote:August 8th in Penticton. Anyone going? Wondering what the attendance will be like. I see the band is just coming off a huge Europe festival tour. I'm afraid the band's first stop after that will be a huge disappointment. Welcome home to sleepy small town Canada.

We'll Logman .. You can always take in Boonstock the week before. Four days of high energy fun in small town Canada :)
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

Had no idea they were even touring. My first question would be, who's singing for them these days? Is Alice In Chains really Alice In Chains without Layne Staley? I think I'll take a pass on that one.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

I saw them on the BlackDiamondSkye tour with Mastadon and Deftones. Their new singer is well worth the ticket. They got it right with their choice. Penticton is in for a hell of a show. I would be there if not for prior plans.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Squeal

Post by Squeal »

I wish I could go, but hey I don't even live in Penticton (although that's where I'm from).
AIC's new singer is great. Maybe he doesn't fit the image, but he can wail and play guitar like a champ. You will love it.
Get there early and check out The Pack A.D. Mostly because I am old friends with their drummer! They have some great videos on Youtube!
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

Sorry Southy Boonstock does not interest me at all. When I say "sleepy small town" I mean the crowd that AIC will draw is certainly a different demographic that lives in Penticton or the surrounding area. They are coming off a massive festival scene in Europe with tens of thousands of people. The first stop back in North America is the south Okanagan. It may be a bit of a let down for them. I love the music of the 90's. I will be there. I saw the Jerry Catrel band( one of the founding members of AIC) along with Metallica at Thunderbird Stadium in 1994. Now that was awesome!!!!!
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

Wife and I will be there! I'm so stoked! New singer is incredible and does very well with the old stuff. The new stuff is awesome too. I know personally probably about 30 other people for sure that have tickets plus their significant others.
HIWATT

Post by HIWATT »

logman wrote:Sorry Southy Boonstock does not interest me at all. When I say "sleepy small town" I mean the crowd that AIC will draw is certainly a different demographic that lives in Penticton or the surrounding area. They are coming off a massive festival scene in Europe with tens of thousands of people. The first stop back in North America is the south Okanagan. It may be a bit of a let down for them. I love the music of the 90's. I will be there. I saw the Jerry Catrel band( one of the founding members of AIC) along with Metallica at Thunderbird Stadium in 1994. Now that was awesome!!!!!

That was Alice in Chains (w/Staley) not "jerry cantrell band"

I was there too. It was called Summer Sh*t '94 and it was my 21st Birthday. I have the poster on my fridge as I type this ;)

I'll be at the gig on the 8th. I'm not expecting any let down. There is PLENTY of high grade cocaine and pot in the Okanagan to keep Jerry propped up lol...
I'm fine with a bottle of Jager myself but to each their own. I saw this exact lineup at the Orpheum in Vancouver right before the Olympics in 2010. It was awesome.

I hope the crowd's a good size :-/
In any event, the next day its Trooper in the park! \m/
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

Man that show at Thunderbird stadium in '94"was awesome. We were getting primed in the parking lot and missed a lot of Alice In Chains. Metallica was beyond words. For some reason I thought Staley was already a mess and not there. I remember being pressed up against the front row for Metallica. We are about the same age. Those were the days of great music. I am looking forward to Friday night. Now it's a matter of convincing my married with kids friends to *bleep* of the wives and go to the show.
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

I forgot to add that AIC played quite early at Thunderbird stadium(still daylight) because there were noise restrictions that they had to shut down music at the concerts by 10 or so.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Damn, I wish I was at that show.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

Hey Jennylives. It really was a show i will never forget. Metallica in the early 90's was a band that was blowing the doors off of what was seen as "metal" music. I had been introduced to more of a metal scene in 1986 with Iron Maidens "Piece of Mind" album. Lol. I was 14 or so? Haha. Megadeth,Slayer,Iron Maiden! The live metal shows I have seen are a permanent positive memory.
The Rooster
Fledgling

Post by The Rooster »

OREZ wrote:Had no idea they were even touring. My first question would be, who's singing for them these days? Is Alice In Chains really Alice In Chains without Layne Staley? I think I'll take a pass on that one.

One of my favorite bands of all time , and even though I was questioning the new lead singer , they are freakkingg awesome !!!. Really nice guys and sound the same as in the eighties . The one band that I always just missed seeing , really glad I finally saw them . Go see them . New lead singer is great .great job Power 104 , Sue Tyler is a definite asset to power 104 , nice to meet a non-phony radio personality .
Ya know , even the people in attendance at the concert were pretty good . One of the best oncerts I've ever been to , I plan on going to the SOEC more in the future, good sound , good personel , as in security , concessions , everyone was top notch .

ALICE IN CHAINS STILL RULES
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

Alice in Panties would probably have more success attracting tourists than Alice in Chains at this time of the year.
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Corneliousrooster »

The new singer has HUGE shoes to fill. Saw them 21 years ago with Layne and they were Awesome!!! But they were even better last night - fantastic show!

So impressive that the band could recover from the loss of such a unique and talented frontman - big thumbs up!

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”