Grand Fondo

southy
Lord of the Board

Re: Grand Fondo

Post by southy »

skydawg wrote:you obviously got home though so get over it.

You know Skydawg and I mean this in the nicest possible way .. Sometimes issues like road closures can be a problem for some. In particular those who might reside in Penticton and area. I always wonder why folks who don't live in a certain city find a need to take shots at those folks who are simply voicing their opinion about real issues in the said city.
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

I hate the Gran Fondo but to be perfectly honest, all of the signage and road closure information that I saw leading up to it just made me dread it more. Maybe you're looking in the wrong places. I knew when the event was and where the road closures were like 2 weeks + prior to the event and I didn't even go looking for it. I planned to stay in all day. (And I did.) :)
darkaengel

Post by darkaengel »

the city approves of the traffic management plan but is not responsible for putting up the signage.

all closure/detour signage is required to be up a minimum of 10 days prior to the event - it was.

I do not know why south main was closed off before schedule. Unfortunately, when dealing with an event that large there are a number of things that could have forced that.
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

Beerhunter341 wrote:I didn't see any notification at all about this. When I drove to work this morning I saw a bunch of pylons on the highway. Not a big deal. I got through with no issues at all. HOWEVER, they used to put up message boards on the side of the road for Iron Man etc but I didn't see anything this year. Not sure why. A few weeks notice would go a long ways I would think.

There were signs all over... I passed them all the time, unlike Ironman who NEVER posted signs.
coolworx
Fledgling

Post by coolworx »

It's no wonder this town is dying on the vine.
It's filled with NO FUN, grumpy old people.

Return to “Central Okanagan”