Post by Ktown girl »

Hey ya all!

Any fireworks for Peachfest......when, where and what time
Thanx
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Fireworks for Peachfest?

Post by GordonH »

No idea, here is contact info so drop a line and ask.
http://www.peachfest.com/contactus.html
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

Ktown girl wrote:Hey ya all!

Any fireworks for Peachfest......when, where and what time
Thanx

I believe that all fireworks are banned at this time, along with campfires, etc.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

I believe Canada Day is the only time for firework displays here in Penticton. They are very expensive to put on and Peachfest is a free festival with no extra money to put toward the boom booms.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

JagXKR wrote:I believe Canada Day is the only time for firework displays here in Penticton. They are very expensive to put on and Peachfest is a free festival with no extra money to put toward the boom booms.

There always was a fireworks show at Peachfest but looking at this years website, there is no mention of show. While everyone enjoys a good pyro show, I would have to concede that there are probably many better ways to provide entertainment value with 20k than a 15 min fireworks show.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

Fireworks and open fires have been banned in this area since mid-July.

http://www.penticton.ca/assets/Communit ... elease.pdf
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

in 2014 Peachfest is to the long weekend what the Square Dance Jomboree was to Peachfest in the 80's, except I think the SDJ drew more visitors.
On a different forum
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

pentona wrote:Fireworks and open fires have been banned in this area since mid-July.

http://www.penticton.ca/assets/Communit ... elease.pdf

Fireworks have been banned for the last thirty years or more.....at any time of year....for joe citizen. Special permits are given to reputable insured pyro companies for festival events. The absence of fireworks this year has nothing to do with the fire ban, it has everything to do with where is the best use of funds.
Go back twenty years and see if there was not one year fire bans were in place the first week of Aug and we still had a pyro show.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

twobits wrote:
Fireworks have been banned for the last thirty years or more.....at any time of year....for joe citizen. Special permits are given to reputable insured pyro companies for festival events. The absence of fireworks this year has nothing to do with the fire ban, it has everything to do with where is the best use of funds.
Go back twenty years and see if there was not one year fire bans were in place the first week of Aug and we still had a pyro show.

I don't know about previous Peachfest years, nor the best use of funds; I haven't lived here this long. All I was stating was that this year, since July 16th there is a ban in place and nobody could have fireworks, permit or not.
StraightUpLogic
Fledgling

Post by StraightUpLogic »

There has always been fireworks. Fire ban or not(99% of time is a ban).

Return to “Central Okanagan”