Penticton Cold Snap is Now Over

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Penticton Cold Snap is Now Over

Post by Glacier »

We measure wealth in relative terms. According to the Castanet forums, if you are a one income family you're living in poverty if you make $35/hour even though this puts you in the top 1% of the world's population. Weather is also relative. Therefore, when Death Valley, California is cooler than the Northwest Territories like it was for one day in July, that's a cold snap for them. Likewise, when a hot city like Penticton has several days where it is one of the coldest places in BC (on the colder half) it is experiencing a cold snap.

You guys will be happy to know that yesterday was the last day of such a cold snap. Moving forward, Penticton will be one of the province's hot spots again. Just to understand how cold Penticton was yesterday, here is a list of all the weather stations in the provinc. Notice that Penticton was 47th out of 86.... brrrr! Places like Sparwood and Fort St John were above Penticton, but to make matters worse even everyone's favourite whipping boy, Princess George, was warmer.

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
ToddT
Übergod

Re: Penticton Cold Snap is Now Over

Post by ToddT »

What on earth is your point and how does it relate to a person's income?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

ToddT wrote:What on earth is your point and how does it relate to a person's income?

My point is that the cold snap is over. Time to celebrate! This has nothing to do with income. Income was an analogy.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Glacier, are you sure there isn't something else in the air besides a cold snap :)
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

I don't know about all that, I'm just glad the hot weather is gone and soon I can start complaining about how cold it is.
NextGen
Fledgling

Post by NextGen »

This topic? on these forums? made me actually have a good chuckle, thanks Glacier
“You're short on ears and long on mouth.”
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

*bump*

The latest cold snap is now over. What I mean is that Fort St. "colder than Woodenhead's ex-wife's heart" John is normally so cold in the winter that it make Prince George feel like a tropical paradise. Now, over the past week the Okanagan has been so cold that it has been significantly colder than the bitterly cold Fort St John, making the past week an Okanagan cold snap. Today is much different because the Okanagan is back to being 20 degrees warmer than Fort St. John, and thus we have emerged out of another cold snap.
- Douglas Murray
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “North Okanagan”