Boonstock doing other events?

sale4u
Fledgling

Boonstock doing other events?

Post by sale4u »

Just saw this on twitter. Anybody know anything? https://www.facebook.com/boonstock/phot ... nt_count=1
ToddT
Übergod

Re: Boonstock doing other events?

Post by ToddT »

Boonstock appears to be a sponsor of this event.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

ToddT wrote:Boonstock appears to be a sponsor of this event.

Will "Katie" be the MC?
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

ToddT wrote:Boonstock appears to be a sponsor of this event.

I personally think it is a perfect sponsorship opportunity for them. At least they are putting money BACK into the community unlike some other major events held in Penticton.
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

They are offering 25% off tickets with the promo code "Skaha."
Not too shabby.

Same group of attendees, same style of concert. Except this one will have a liquor license.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Ahhh ... wait a sec there ToddT - liquor license? What about security? Sorry - hard to let go :)
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

Don't worry, I'm sure our same old Penticton Vees security will be on hand.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Thanks for the clarification ToddT. I was getting concerned, I mean they do have a liquor license and all, but really by having that license it probably means there won't be any drugs because the last thing Penticton needs is a bunch of
HBD# causing a riot. Hope everyone enjoys the event - looks great and will probably sound even better.
Winelover

Post by Winelover »

It looks like Boonstock is helping to promote this event - it is a similar style of music so those that attended the summer music festival might want to come to this one. Offering discounted tickets is probably standard in the industry if you help promote an event. I know the event is being held in the South Okanagan Events Centre so ICM (Interntional Crowd Management) will be on site as I see them there at all the concerts I go to. The events centre would have its own liquor license so no special permit is likely required.
Nice to see the SOEC offering something for the younger demographic - it is a safe and secure venue to host this type of event in my opinion.
madmudder
Board Meister

Post by madmudder »

Council lady keeping her mouth shut about this concert speaks volumes. The city coffers are getting a piece of the pie this time. Liquor license and all. License to steal that is. How much do they sell water for at the SOEC again? LOL
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

madmudder wrote:Council lady keeping her mouth shut about this concert speaks volumes. The city coffers are getting a piece of the pie this time. Liquor license and all. License to steal that is. How much do they sell water for at the SOEC again? LOL

More likely that she has discovered that a slip of the tongue can cost you your job in the field of politics. I suspect she will be watching her every word at least until the polls close.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

fluffy wrote:
More likely that she has discovered that a slip of the tongue can cost you your job in the field of politics. I suspect she will be watching her every word at least until the polls close.

Am a little out of touch with local news but I don't believe I have seen her commit to run again. If she does it will certainly be interesting. She was a popular councillor in past years so I will be watching what kind of numbers she pulls in light of her no filter moment. If she does get re elected, it would say a great deal about what the voting populace thinks of Boonstock. Then again, it could also show that the demographic that took such offence, once again didn't show up at the polls.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “Central Okanagan”