This is a disgrace

Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: This is a disgrace

Post by Rosemary1 »

The saddest part of all is that these people will bring a child into the world that they are clearly not equipped to raise.
If we ask the right questions we can change the world with the right answers
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

It looks to me like they have the basics of milking the system down pat, what else do you need in Canada?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Rosemary1 wrote:The saddest part of all is that these people will bring a child into the world that they are clearly not equipped to raise.

Any they're abusing the system.
0gopogo
Fledgling

Post by 0gopogo »

The picture in the lead post of this thread is really not much different than a Quebec pickers camp. You can find them dotted around Summerland in certain orchards. Garbage everywhere........
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

Rosemary1 wrote:The saddest part of all is that these people will bring a child into the world that they are clearly not equipped to raise.

Maybe they have no intention of keeping the child. But unfortunately there is no law that takes away a persons right to procreate.
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

omisimaw wrote:Maybe they have no intention of keeping the child. But unfortunately there is no law that takes away a persons right to procreate.

No one argues when a puppy mill is shut down because of squalid conditions and owners are barred from owning animals. Perhaps we should consider applying a similar standard to ill equipped copulating humans. Just sayin.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

ah yes definitely a subject for another thread...
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
Xia33
Übergod

Post by Xia33 »

No one argues when a puppy mill is shut down because of squalid conditions and owners are barred from owning animals. Perhaps we should consider applying a similar standard to ill equipped copulating humans. Just sayin.

And who, might I ask, would you give THAT authority to?? Talk about slippery slopes! Lolol. Good lawd....what would you like controlled after that fiasco?
Last edited by Xia33 on Oct 12th, 2014, 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To xia33 ...

You can't compare it to a puppy mill factory. Even expectant *bleep* and the sons and daughters of *bleep* know not to take drugs or drink booze while pregnant.
Xia33
Übergod

Post by Xia33 »

I didn't compare it to anything....I simply asked who would be in charge of deciding who had the right qualifications to be a parent if such a law would be put in place and what else they (those who think that is a good idea) would like to control.
Who would decide that the "brain function and reasoning" was correct and in whose opinion. People with money can be bad parents and lack of same doesn't necessarily make good ones. Who would decide that?
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

twobits wrote:

Philosophically, I agree with this but it's such a slippery slope. Would the next step be only blue eyed blondes or some other subjective criteria? Scary to think about.
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

Donald G wrote:To xia33 ...

You can't compare it to a puppy mill factory. Even expectant *bleep* and the sons and daughters of *bleep* know not to take drugs or drink booze while pregnant.

Do not get so hung up on things you do not know for sure.
And judge not lest ye be judged for that matter.
Even if the mother did not do drugs or drink, should the expectant father indulge?
Even if the mother did not do drugs or drink while pregnant should there still be a child being brought into what is obviously a very poor choice of where one calls "home"....
Obviously you do not drink or do drugs Donald, prescribed or otherwise, but others do and it is not your job to be the police of things that are out of your control.... so possibly you should step down from your soap box as that is by far not the only problem these two humans have .... and by far not the worst!
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Bunnyhop wrote:Philosophically, I agree with this but it's such a slippery slope. Would the next step be only blue eyed blondes or some other subjective criteria? Scary to think about.

And I agree, and that is why it was "just sayin". Philosophical. There is no way we can practically or morally restrict procreation in a free society. I was merely pointing out our own failings and perhaps hypocrisy when we rise to the occasion when a puppy has a bad home yet when a human baby has a bad home, the right to be a parent seemingly has a lower bar of ability and competence than raising a puppy.
It is a conundrum that is not easily solved. Ask any social worker.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Bunnyhop wrote:
Philosophically, I agree with this but it's such a slippery slope. Would the next step be only blue eyed blondes or some other subjective criteria? Scary to think about.

How can you compare hitler's master plan, to low life welfare bums abusing the system and bringing a new life into this world?
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

Huh? I wasn't referring at all to Hitler. I just used the term blue eyed blondes, maybe I should have said brown eyed brunette a to avoid confusion?

Twobits, I got what you meant. Wasn't disagreeing at all,

Return to “Central Okanagan”