Someone could be injured

Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Re: I saw something dangerous today - someone could be injur

Post by Thinktank »

i'm insinuation people who put 1,000 lb thing 18 feet in air are dumb
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Thinktank wrote:I also have a picture. If I posted it, which is what everyone wants, some people would know where it is
and for this forum - that's a NO - No. It looks insane. I have no respect for the people who did the dumb thing
and I would love to post the picture but I won't.

There is no such forum rule against posting pictures of dangerous situations.
If it is as bad as you claim then you are doing a public service by pointing it out to everyone as who know who frequents what places and by not pointing it out you could be contributing to someones death. Do you want that weight on your shoulders forever?
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Thinktank wrote:i'm insinuation people who put 1,000 lb thing 18 feet in air are dumb

As long as the pallet and racking are certified, in proper condition then there is nothing "dumb" about it.

So what is in our mind the weight and height limit to be "safe"?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

Thinktank wrote:i'm insinuation people who put 1,000 lb thing 18 feet in air are dumb

ya that must be it, kettle calling the pot black comes to mind
atenbacon
Übergod

Post by atenbacon »

Someone got fired from the very same place that this supposed safety infraction took place. I wonder if someone is a bit disgruntled now and wishes they could be back there putting things up there in a safer manner.
You have to keep an open mind until it is proven one way or the other. You just can't take the T.V. or internet word on it.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

atenbacon wrote:Someone got fired from the very same place that this supposed safety infraction took place. I wonder if someone is a bit disgruntled now and wishes they could be back there putting things up there in a safer manner.

i thought someone earlier said it was family members. Actually someone got ripped off
by this place. Bible says to return good for evil. I'm glad I can save a life or maybe
save them $250,000 to pay someone who is injured.

I'm sure a great guy. I'm glad I'm so great.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
atenbacon
Übergod

Post by atenbacon »

Thinktank wrote:Actually someone got ripped off by this place.

Close enough.

James 4:2 :You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have, because you do not ask.
You have to keep an open mind until it is proven one way or the other. You just can't take the T.V. or internet word on it.
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

Gotta go with the Costco comment. Thousands of pounds of products on pallets wrapped only in plastic. Place is a death trap!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Costco is n Kelowna - this obviously is a different business.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Fancy wrote:Costco is n Kelowna - this obviously is a different business.

But a business employing the exact same procedure the OP has deemed an "insanely dangerous accident waiting to happen".
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

hozzle wrote:Do we have to post back-handed, sarcastic, or somewhat condescending remarks? Even if they are just slight... slight enough to be overlooked by the moderators but just enough to enable them to dictate who can and what topics this forum should allow. There are very valid questions/remarks brought up but I can feel something that is just starting up here within this one topic that I cant put my finger on... bullying... no, you have to have thick skin to wade thru the internet forums nowadays, but there is a tone that could resonate to that status if unchecked.
Oh I have been on both side of this fine over the years so I have no misconceptions of walking on water myself and I apologise if I derailed this thread.

Before coming to conclusions you need to bear in mind that often times the responses you see have a direct bearing on the OP's post history. It would be safe to say that in this case "drama" reigns often times.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

It's done with cars.

http://images.fedex.com/us/services/pdf ... elines.pdf
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

And I am insinuation that you have no idea or engineering background to understand the concept of approved loads. If you had come on here with some story about a wood stick framed pallet rack cobbled together with used nails and scrap lumber, you might have some credibility. You have provided nothing for description and only your opinion that it is unsafe. Ten burlap sacks of spuds weighs a 1000 lbs and there are about ten thousand examples of warehouses with that load over 18 ft in height. I think what you have probably done here is not saved somebody's life, but rather consumed the resources of Worksafe BC when their time could have been better spent investigating real work place deficiencies. Your motive here is very suspect and smacks of personal vendetta. Nuff said.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Steve-O wrote:Gotta go with the Costco comment. Thousands of pounds of products on pallets wrapped only in plastic. Place is a death trap!

As of 2009 there were more than 555 Costco locations worldwide. Have you ever heard of anyone being killed by a falling object at one?
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

Quite frankly, I feel more threatened by following or passing a loaded logging truck than I do walking through a big box store.
I birn quil I se

Return to “Central Okanagan”