Wednesday, October 22nd9.7°C
23711
23083

Arrests in Vernon of the Greeks

North Okanagan topics including Vernon, Coldstream, Lumby, Armstrong, Enderby and Spallumcheen.

Moderators: oneh2obabe, Triple 6, Jo, ferri

Should the convicted have to pay resistuition to the community?

Yes
62
93%
No
5
7%
 
Total votes : 67

Postby cerealkiller » Jun 12th, 2006, 10:47 am

smartass_pretty_too wrote:ok...for arguments sake...'we" legalized alcohol...HOW have the effects of that action affected our lives...ie: costs associated with the addiction of alcohol?


And how did alcohol prohibition work?
Almost 80 years of pot prohibition; how does it work?
Arrest the Greeks, find some grow ops...and then what?
Would you expect that others take their place? Or maybe now the tens of thousands of grow ops in B.C. close shop because they are afraid?
Nobody can be that naive! :roll:
User avatar
cerealkiller
Übergod
 
Posts: 1798
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Apr 26th, 2006, 9:26 am

Postby D-Fox » Jun 17th, 2006, 11:15 pm

Peter does not do drugs and he is smart i mean they had to call in the specialised organzied crime group fro kelowna and than for years they had to try to get them and he owns a porche so what and he owns a pizaria so u can have a porshe and a pissaria whats wroung wit that
D-Fox
 
Posts: 4
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Jun 17th, 2006, 11:06 pm

Postby Stinkerbell » Jun 18th, 2006, 12:02 am

When you can write a grammatically correct sentence I will reply to your statement. Until then I will consider the source.
Stinkerbell
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post

Postby pitbull » Dec 2nd, 2006, 3:13 pm

Stinkerbell wrote:When you can write a grammatically correct sentence I will reply to your statement. Until then I will consider the source.
D-FOX is there best customer
pitbull
 
Posts: 35
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Apr 1st, 2006, 7:03 am

Postby BigBadBootyDaddy » Dec 2nd, 2006, 4:04 pm

Stinkerbell wrote:When you can write a grammatically correct sentence I will reply to your statement. Until then I will consider the source.


lol, thats too funny
You don't love her because she is beautiful, she is beautiful, because you love her
User avatar
BigBadBootyDaddy
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 878
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Apr 12th, 2005, 12:51 am

Postby Smurf » Dec 4th, 2006, 8:06 pm

Let's see because arresting them won't stop the rest are we supposed to just let everyone have a grow op? Maybe we should allow housebreaking, rape and child molestation also because there will always be another one. Possibly we should make the penalties harsh enough that people would stop breaking the law. What a novel idea.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
User avatar
Smurf
Guru
 
Posts: 5495
Likes: 691 posts
Liked in: 531 posts
Joined: Aug 12th, 2006, 8:55 am
Location: Okanagan BC

Postby AstralSoul » Dec 5th, 2006, 4:26 pm

BBBD you should contact me.... :125: :124:
~A dream shows the inner truth and reality as it really is: not as I conjure it to be, and not as I would like it to be, but as it is.
User avatar
AstralSoul
 
Posts: 9
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Jan 15th, 2006, 11:10 pm

INNOCENT!

Postby D-Fox » Apr 18th, 2007, 8:31 pm

I think Peter should be let out of prison they are innocent and the "greeks" theres no such thing they are a family that runs a pizzaria nothing diffrent about that the family must be ashamed and dissapointed for the news and the media to sully there name like that
D-Fox
 
Posts: 4
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Jun 17th, 2006, 11:06 pm

Re: Arrests in Vernon of the Greeks

Postby fvkasm2x » Aug 1st, 2007, 6:20 pm

Stinkerbell wrote:I hope this puts the fear of God into those still out there doing this kind of organized crime in the Valley.



organized crime doesnt fear the police. especially since they can avoid jail time, or just walk on the charges all together
User avatar
fvkasm2x
Guru
 
Posts: 5639
Likes: 18 posts
Liked in: 129 posts
Joined: Apr 1st, 2007, 3:06 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Postby Gixxer » Aug 29th, 2007, 9:54 am

I really wouldn't call a Porsche Boxster an expensive sports car. You can pick them up for under $20,000. They actually nicknamed the poor mans Porsche
Gixxer
Übergod
 
Posts: 1541
Likes: 146 posts
Liked in: 256 posts
Joined: Jul 26th, 2007, 8:24 am

Re: INNOCENT!

Postby Symphomaniac » Sep 11th, 2011, 9:47 pm

D-Fox wrote:I think Peter should be let out of prison they are innocent and the "greeks" theres no such thing they are a family that runs a pizzaria nothing diffrent about that the family must be ashamed and dissapointed for the news and the media to sully there name like that



Hate to burst your bubble D-Fox.... The trial paints the whole group ALOT differently than you suggest. Are they good friends of yours? Did you ever owe the group money?? Peter Manolakos Jr. is not a nice guy....he is getting 3 squares a day now (been 5 years in jail) and I would assume you will be seeing him again in Vernon in about 15 more years....maybe more. By then he will closing in on 60 years old, and there will be a whole new crew in town by then....maybe he can go back to making pizzas?? Someone might actually give him a job....maybe? (Won't be me though)

:dyinglaughing:
Symphomaniac
 
Posts: 13
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Nov 29th, 2008, 1:49 pm

Re: INNOCENT!

Postby Symphomaniac » Oct 6th, 2011, 3:24 pm

D-Fox wrote:I think Peter should be let out of prison they are innocent and the "greeks" theres no such thing they are a family that runs a pizzaria nothing diffrent about that the family must be ashamed and dissapointed for the news and the media to sully there name like that


I have been sitting in Courtroom 20 in Vancouver and the testimony from the Crown witnesses paint a VERY disturbing picture of Peter Jr. and his ""Family" / Crew. The pizzeria thing you speak of?? (Peter ran a pizzeria in the 90's too) that was a front for a dial a dope / drive through operation...which he did time for!!. Did you not know that? This isn't the 1st time he has sat in court on serious charges. Every one of the group ran EVERYTHING by Peter...he had a say in pretty much everything they did...if he is INNOCENT as you say...You obviously never owed him money. It's easy to see through the smokescreen when you watch them in court...all 15 lawyers representing the defence isn't going to help keep the truth from spilling out....sadly. Truth is, the amount of money / resources / being drained from the investigation and trial is well into the millions by now. They didn't make these charges up my friend....they base their investigation / trial on fact, and the fact is Vernon is better of without these dangerous people (Peter ESPECIALLY) walking the streets.
Symphomaniac
 
Posts: 13
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Nov 29th, 2008, 1:49 pm

Re: Arrests in Vernon of the Greeks

Postby MaryG » Nov 25th, 2012, 6:54 pm

Trial ends after 19 months - all "Greeks" found guilty.
MaryG
 
Posts: 19
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Feb 13th, 2011, 9:47 pm

Re: Arrests in Vernon of the Greeks

Postby JayByrd » Nov 26th, 2012, 1:54 pm

This pleases me.

I went to high school with Ron Thom in Kelowna, in the early 90's. He was a troubled young man then, and it was no doubt due to many bad choices that he ended up involved with the Greeks. But Ron hurt himself much more than he ever hurt anyone else, and he deserved a better fate than what he got.
Do you know what they do to grammar police in grammar prison? It's not pretty.
User avatar
JayByrd
Übergod
 
Posts: 1733
Likes: 50 posts
Liked in: 75 posts
Joined: Aug 14th, 2006, 2:50 pm

Re: Arrests in Vernon of the Greeks

Postby bob vernon » Nov 27th, 2012, 9:44 am

The first, and other, posts indicate that the arrest of the Greek gang will somehow end, or at least, reduce the drug trade in Vernon. They've been convicted and will spend many years in prison. Has the drug trade in Vernon somehow dried up? Or has there just been another gang move in and take up the slack? It's a good thing that they've been put behind bars, but don't ever think that the arrest of a few people, even if they're leaders in the organization, will ever end the drug trade.
bob vernon
Board Meister
 
Posts: 637
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 86 posts
Joined: Oct 27th, 2008, 10:37 am

PreviousNext

Return to Vernon / North Okanagan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest