Friday, October 24th7.5°C

How does a 23 year old get 151 kilos of cocaine?

North Okanagan topics including Vernon, Coldstream, Lumby, Armstrong, Enderby and Spallumcheen.

Moderators: oneh2obabe, Triple 6, Jo, ferri

Re: How does a 23 year old get 151 kilos of cocaine?

Postby keith1612 » Dec 2nd, 2012, 9:28 am

Trunk-Monkey wrote:So you agree then the laws need to be made stiffer....Its what I have been saying all along.

its also been proven the stiffer the laws the more the value hense the more that are willing to take the risk.
so you make the laws tougher then the supply drops and now the street druggies cant afford what they need now.
so they turn to more street crime to offset the costs.
the only ones who bonus are the criminals that dont get caught in excess funds and the jobs created for law enforcement.
the general public looses more as street crime goes up.
there has to be a better option.
strange the war on marijuana and coke are growing and the government virtually legalizes heroin use in Vancouver even supplying comfy chairs and nice warm places to party and shoot up.
seems backwards to me.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Winston_Smith » Dec 2nd, 2012, 9:38 am

Trunk-Monkey wrote:So you agree then the laws need to be made stiffer....Its what I have been saying all along.

Yeah because that has worked wonders in the states :dyinglaughing:
Winston_Smith
Fledgling

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Gixxer » Dec 2nd, 2012, 12:01 pm

I never said that.
Gixxer
Übergod

Liked in: 257 posts

Postby keith1612 » Dec 2nd, 2012, 7:57 pm

Gixxer wrote:I never said that.

you dont think someone who's entire career is based around stiffer laws wouldnt say that.
as a police officer Trunk-Monkey only see's the side he has been trained to.
everyone who smokes a joint is a addict and everyone who isnt a member of the force is wrong.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby Trunk-Monkey » Dec 2nd, 2012, 8:23 pm

keith1612 wrote:you dont think someone who's entire career is based around stiffer laws wouldnt say that.
as a police officer Trunk-Monkey only see's the side he has been trained to.
everyone who smokes a joint is a addict and everyone who isnt a member of the force is wrong.

1st of all my entire career is based on a lot more than just stiffer laws. Fact is there are a lot of laws I would like to see less of. I have never said anyone that smokes a joint is an addict or even a criminal for that matter.
2nd My training is a lot more complex than what you are referring to.
3rd I have never said members are always right and I for certain have never said everyone else is wrong.
Kindly stop attempting to put words in my mouth.
As far as stiffer laws for dope....I would prefer that pot not be included in that argument. This is not to say I want pot to be out right legalized. I have talked at length as to what my thoughts are on that. If you are going to toss that in my face at least take the time to read what I have posted before...once again stop attempting to put words in my mouth. If pot is to go by the way of being legal...fine...regulate it and allow pharmacies to distribute it and allow the government to regulate the growing etc. IMO this is the only way everyone with benefit from the taxes etc that it will generate.
Remember this thread is about cocaine...not pot. :skyisfalling:
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Postby Trunk-Monkey » Dec 2nd, 2012, 9:04 pm

Winston_Smith wrote:Yeah because that has worked wonders in the states :dyinglaughing:

FYI...this is Canada...not the states.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Postby dogspoiler » Dec 3rd, 2012, 3:32 am

Wow, there's just no fooling the Munkey. :dyinglaughing:
dogspoiler
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 827 posts

Postby Trunk-Monkey » Dec 3rd, 2012, 7:37 am

dogspoiler wrote:Wow, there's just no fooling the Munkey. :dyinglaughing:

True enough but the fact remains that this country's legal system is far different from our partners to the south. The demographics are different so stating a certain law or legal trend did not work in the states is a moot statement IMHO.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Postby keith1612 » Dec 3rd, 2012, 10:27 pm

Trunk-Monkey wrote:True enough but the fact remains that this country's legal system is far different from our partners to the south. The demographics are different so stating a certain law or legal trend did not work in the states is a moot statement IMHO.

not really the war on drugs has proven to be a failure in both countries and filling the prison system will be no different.
the real question is can you and should you stop the drug culture?
obviously it cant and wont be stopped so the next question is why do people care so much?
why would a court care if charlie sheen wants to buy hookers and coke (as a example).
he can afford it and the hooker wants the cash.
seems like the government cant get over wanting to tell us what is good for us.
perhaps its time the government let adults make their own choices.
i suppose there is no revenue in that.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby Trunk-Monkey » Dec 3rd, 2012, 11:10 pm

keith1612 wrote:not really the war on drugs has proven to be a failure in both countries and filling the prison system will be no different.
the real question is can you and should you stop the drug culture?
obviously it cant and wont be stopped so the next question is why do people care so much?
why would a court care if charlie sheen wants to buy hookers and coke (as a example).
he can afford it and the hooker wants the cash.
seems like the government cant get over wanting to tell us what is good for us.
perhaps its time the government let adults make their own choices.
i suppose there is no revenue in that.

I never said anything about `the war on drugs` I said the USA and Canada have very different legal systems and processes.
The simple answer to stopping the drug culture....is YES.
I believe there is a way to stop some of the `culture` by making the penalties to great for the goods.
The courts would care because there is a far cry from using pot occasionally to smoking crack in the streets and selling yourself and your mothers tea set to get it. Smoking pot may be a `culture` but smoking crack etc is not.
The government has already said let the adults decide....its called a vote. We voted the governmen into power to make these choices so yea they have allowed choice.
Your revenue arguement is way off....talking out both sides of your mouth on that one I would say.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Postby keith1612 » Dec 3rd, 2012, 11:27 pm

Trunk-Monkey wrote:
I never said anything about `the war on drugs` I said the USA and Canada have very different legal systems and processes.
The simple answer to stopping the drug culture....is YES.
I believe there is a way to stop some of the `culture` by making the penalties to great for the goods.
The courts would care because there is a far cry from using pot occasionally to smoking crack in the streets and selling yourself and your mothers tea set to get it. Smoking pot may be a `culture` but smoking crack etc is not.
The government has already said let the adults decide....its called a vote. We voted the governmen into power to make these choices so yea they have allowed choice.
Your revenue arguement is way off....talking out both sides of your mouth on that one I would say.

keep trying.
harsher penalties has never and will never work.
it failed in the states and will fail here.
sure fill the prisons all you want it helps nothing.
we all see the lack of drugs available on the streets lol.
the system has created such a court backlog that cases are being thrown out and provinces are resorting to removing civil rights and allowing police to be judge and jury.
the worse the penalty the more criminals will fight the charges.
sorry your system has proved to be a utter failure against the drug trade.
the BC government has gone so far in admitting it they openly allow heroin and supply needles and party rooms.
who is expected to pay for all these prisons and the cost to keep a inmate in jail?
whats a federal inmate cost? $100k a year i would bet.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby Trunk-Monkey » Dec 4th, 2012, 12:24 am

keith1612 wrote:keep trying.
harsher penalties has never and will never work.
it failed in the states and will fail here.
sure fill the prisons all you want it helps nothing.
we all see the lack of drugs available on the streets lol.
the system has created such a court backlog that cases are being thrown out and provinces are resorting to removing civil rights and allowing police to be judge and jury.
the worse the penalty the more criminals will fight the charges.
sorry your system has proved to be a utter failure against the drug trade.
the BC government has gone so far in admitting it they openly allow heroin and supply needles and party rooms.
who is expected to pay for all these prisons and the cost to keep a inmate in jail?
whats a federal inmate cost? $100k a year i would bet.

All I see is what you have been saying all along. You make some strong claims with little to no actual facts. I will conced that some drugs are being decriminalized for good reasons but not the `harsh` ones and thats where I say you are dead wrong in your thinking. Comparing the current drinking laws to current drug laws is comparing apples and oranges...unless you think the drug laws should follow suit....then you might be on to something. :sunshine: :skyisfalling: :sunshine:
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Postby keith1612 » Dec 4th, 2012, 8:41 am

Trunk-Monkey wrote:All I see is what you have been saying all along. You make some strong claims with little to no actual facts. I will conced that some drugs are being decriminalized for good reasons but not the `harsh` ones and thats where I say you are dead wrong in your thinking. Comparing the current drinking laws to current drug laws is comparing apples and oranges...unless you think the drug laws should follow suit....then you might be on to something. :sunshine: :skyisfalling: :sunshine:

so you are trying to tell us that making harsher penalties will help?
i would love to see some evidence on that one.
its very plain it does the opposite.
harsher laws can make a less supply (short term) so higher demand and price so more willimg to take the chance.
as for comparing the drinking laws please dont try and twist what i am saying.
my reference was to the police and government filling the courts to a bloated mess forcing the government to give police the authority to be judge and jury,
nowhere did i compare them to each other.
it would take me a entire 20 minutes to find and purchase a ounce of cocain in vernon, or 10 lbs of weed, hell for heroin sit next door to the wholesale club for 10 minutes.
yes your winning the war on drugs all right.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby Trunk-Monkey » Dec 4th, 2012, 9:07 am

keith1612 wrote:so you are trying to tell us that making harsher penalties will help?
i would love to see some evidence on that one.
its very plain it does the opposite.
harsher laws can make a less supply (short term) so higher demand and price so more willimg to take the chance.
as for comparing the drinking laws please dont try and twist what i am saying.
my reference was to the police and government filling the courts to a bloated mess forcing the government to give police the authority to be judge and jury,
nowhere did i compare them to each other.
it would take me a entire 20 minutes to find and purchase a ounce of cocain in vernon, or 10 lbs of weed, hell for heroin sit next door to the wholesale club for 10 minutes.
yes your winning the war on drugs all right.

Yep harsher penalties along with other measures IMHO would make the IMPORTATION and transportation of drugs less attractive. I for one would like to see the same sort of measures the current driving while impaired laws have used in the transport and importation of drugs into this country. You see you are concentrating on just jail time...think out of the box a bit and see what is now happening with civil seizures etc. Search and seizure laws (for drugs only) needs to also revamped. There is no slippery slope when the law could articulate the search and seizure is simply for drugs. Very similar to the search and seizure laws for officer and public safety.
No one ever said we were winning any war on any front, this is why I feel multiple laws need to change. As for the demand setting the price, maybe so but IMHO law enforcement needs to concentrate on the IMPORTERS and RUNNERS, take them out of the equation and the two bit distributers will go by the way side.
Yes there is not doubt you can find what you are looking for in little to no time, that is part of the problem.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Postby cutter7 » Dec 4th, 2012, 9:20 am

You will have to solve world poverty first. desperate times call for desperate measures and there are people who will sell their soul in exchange for a few thousand dollars.

Importers already know this, that is why arrests effect the marginalized people who try desperate measures to support their families.

Stiffer penalties have been tried in many countries , some countries have the death penalty yet drugs still exist.

lightening up on prohibition has shown better results in other countries why not give it a try here?
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 69 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Vernon / North Okanagan