Saturday, April 19th6.7°C

How does a 23 year old get 151 kilos of cocaine?

North Okanagan topics including Vernon, Coldstream, Lumby, Armstrong, Enderby and Spallumcheen.

Moderators: Jo, ferri, Merry, Triple 6

Re: How does a 23 year old get 151 kilos of cocaine?

Postby Trunk-Monkey » Dec 4th, 2012, 2:58 pm

cutter7 wrote:You will have to solve world poverty first. desperate times call for desperate measures and there are people who will sell their soul in exchange for a few thousand dollars.

Importers already know this, that is why arrests effect the marginalized people who try desperate measures to support their families.

Stiffer penalties have been tried in many countries , some countries have the death penalty yet drugs still exist.

lightening up on prohibition has shown better results in other countries why not give it a try here?

Absolutely, I agree easing up on some drugs should happen. That said Cocaine, meth, heroin, and crack etc. should IMHO be blasted for the garbage they are. These substances are nothing more than a cocktail that are made by some that may or may not know what they are doing and then people injest them...Its funny how people will put somethings into their body when they have no idea what is actually in them.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Gixxer » Dec 4th, 2012, 3:56 pm

Legalize it all.
Offer rehabilitation for users who want to come clean, stop turning addicts into criminals.
Take the power out of the gangsters.
Start educating kids at a very young age about the dangerous and harmful effects associated with using drugs, also include alcohol, and cigarettes.
Gixxer
Übergod

Liked in: 82 posts

Postby keith1612 » Dec 4th, 2012, 4:58 pm

Gixxer wrote:Legalize it all.
Offer rehabilitation for users who want to come clean, stop turning addicts into criminals.
Start educating kids at a very young age about the dangerous and harmful effects associated with using drugs, also include alcohol, and cigarettes.

that would make too much sense and put too many law enforcement works on the welfare line.
what would judges and lawyers and police do?
ohh ya seatbelt and cell phones.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby Trunk-Monkey » Dec 4th, 2012, 7:57 pm

Gixxer wrote:Legalize it all.

I can respect that but you have to know that there is a reason some people wont get clean and its not always about money. I will conceed money does play a major part tho.
As far as educating the young about the dangers of drugs, alcohol and cigarettes this is done at an extesive rate and cost. So as you can see this is already being done, but there is a long road ahead.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Postby Trunk-Monkey » Dec 4th, 2012, 7:59 pm

keith1612 wrote:that would make too much sense and put too many law enforcement works on the welfare line.
what would judges and lawyers and police do?
ohh ya seatbelt and cell phones.

Something tells me Keith no matter what cops, lawyers or judges did it would never be enough to satisfy you. I wonder how hard your work on a daily basis to have these thoughts that the above do nothing.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Postby keith1612 » Dec 4th, 2012, 10:14 pm

Trunk-Monkey wrote:Something tells me Keith no matter what cops, lawyers or judges did it would never be enough to satisfy you. I wonder how hard your work on a daily basis to have these thoughts that the above do nothing.

well hopefully one day i will see something i feel deserves the praise you expect.
filling prisons with kids trying to get by doesnt cut it sorry.
respect is in fact earned on all fronts.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby Captain Awesome » Dec 4th, 2012, 10:26 pm

removed - Jennylives
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 991 posts

Postby Gixxer » Dec 5th, 2012, 6:02 am

Trunk-Monkey wrote:I can respect that but you have to know that there is a reason some people wont get clean and its not always about money. I will conceed money does play a major part tho.
As far as educating the young about the dangers of drugs, alcohol and cigarettes this is done at an extesive rate and cost. So as you can see this is already being done, but there is a long road ahead.

Of course some people won't get clean. Some people love using drugs, its their choice so let them. They shouldn't be treated as criminals.

What's the cost fighting the war on drugs, vs. Educating about the harms? Lots of taxpayers money would be freed up when the war on drugs has ended, in return giving more money towards educating
Gixxer
Übergod

Liked in: 82 posts

Postby keith1612 » Dec 5th, 2012, 8:59 am

removed - Jennylives
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby Captain Awesome » Dec 5th, 2012, 10:53 am

removed - Jennylives
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 991 posts

Postby Treblehook » Dec 10th, 2012, 6:50 pm

The "legalize it all" notion is brilliant. I mean people ought to be able to use anything they want to and if that means being addicted, so be it. Of course, those people who use drugs like crack cocaine and meth will readily accept financial responsibility for the outrageous healthcare costs associated with treating the various health issues that will occur as a result of their use of those substances. Or do the "legalize it all" crowd think that all of the people who don't ingest or shoot all of these harmful substances should happily pay for their medical treatments?
Treblehook
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 115 posts

Postby Trunk-Monkey » Dec 11th, 2012, 4:10 am

keith1612 wrote:well hopefully one day i will see something i feel deserves the praise you expect.
filling prisons with kids trying to get by doesnt cut it sorry.
respect is in fact earned on all fronts.

Do you honestly think people transport or sell drugs to "get by"? Well if you mean wearing designer clothes, driving high end cars or jacked up trucks and living in high end condos as just "getting by" then I guess you are right.
Most people in this world "work" to get by or to earn a living, they do not sell drugs to get by. Most people that sell or transport dope are doing it for the money I will agree with you there...but its because the money is good and they like all that it brings. I agree respect is def earned on all fronts...maybe you should start respecting the fact that the gen pub pay law enforcement to enforce the law..and transporting dope etc is currently against the law.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Postby cutter7 » Dec 11th, 2012, 6:43 pm

Treblehook wrote:The "legalize it all" notion is brilliant. I mean people ought to be able to use anything they want to and if that means being addicted, so be it. Of course, those people who use drugs like crack cocaine and meth will readily accept financial responsibility for the outrageous healthcare costs associated with treating the various health issues that will occur as a result of their use of those substances. Or do the "legalize it all" crowd think that all of the people who don't ingest or shoot all of these harmful substances should happily pay for their medical treatments?

If we were to use your logic we would have to include all substances that lead to medical problems.

smoking, drinking, fast food etc.... tsk tsk.... such a shallow minded opinion
cutter7
Übergod

Liked in: 43 posts

Postby zyzzx » Dec 14th, 2012, 4:57 pm

removed - Jennylives
Doing drugs supports crime. Are you happy that you support crime? Just think how much society would save if you didn't support the criminals that are producing drugs. Medicinal? Good on you! That is why the Doctor gave you a prescription.
zyzzx
Fledgling

Postby ticat900 » Dec 23rd, 2012, 3:15 pm

you people are way way off topic here. The fact that rod was such a stupid parent and could not see that his dumb arse kid was buying things he could never ever afford and did not intervene i feel is a disgrace in itself
Parents have a duty to their kids and society to look out for the directiion and actions of their offspring
Perhaps if this fellow(brock) had a better guidence none of this would have happened in the first place?
ticat900
Board Meister

PreviousNext

Return to Vernon / North Okanagan