Friday, October 31st8.2°C

How does a 23 year old get 151 kilos of cocaine?

North Okanagan topics including Vernon, Coldstream, Lumby, Armstrong, Enderby and Spallumcheen.

Moderators: oneh2obabe, Triple 6, Jo, ferri

Re: How does a 23 year old get 151 kilos of cocaine?

Postby Scottyw » Oct 21st, 2012, 1:32 pm

http://www.mylocaltv.ca/ 51 year old William Bruce Larsen will spend 11 Years and 1 Month in Jail following a Judge's ruling in Queens Bench Court this morning in Swift Current. Larsen plead guilty to four counts for his role as a drug courier between Canada`s West Coast and the Saskatchewan Montana border. The total street value of drugs including Cocaine and Ecstasy imported and exported through Larsen`s involvement was stated as close to $80 Million. Between February and October 2011, Larsen was involved in transporting over 600kg of Cocaine and 95 000 Ecstasy Pills.

William Bruce Larsen was sentenced in Queens Bench Court this morning to 11 years and 1 Month in prison. The Crown had asked for a sentence of 18 years while the defense sought a 12 year jail term.

The Stupid will be punished.......
Scottyw

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Trunk-Monkey » Oct 25th, 2012, 4:23 pm

Scottyw wrote:http://www.mylocaltv.ca/ 51 year old William Bruce Larsen will spend 11 Years and 1 Month in Jail following a Judge's ruling in Queens Bench Court this morning in Swift Current. Larsen plead guilty to four counts for his role as a drug courier between Canada`s West Coast and the Saskatchewan Montana border. The total street value of drugs including Cocaine and Ecstasy imported and exported through Larsen`s involvement was stated as close to $80 Million. Between February and October 2011, Larsen was involved in transporting over 600kg of Cocaine and 95 000 Ecstasy Pills.

William Bruce Larsen was sentenced in Queens Bench Court this morning to 11 years and 1 Month in prison. The Crown had asked for a sentence of 18 years while the defense sought a 12 year jail term.

The Stupid will be punished.......

IMO 11 years, 1 month is not nearly enough...compared to the amount of lives he contributed to ruining by transporting that poison. IMO people that transport should be given life...as it is sure to bet that someone has OD`d on the product they transported...making them party to that death and hense guilty of at least involuntary MS.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Postby Ken7 » Oct 25th, 2012, 8:54 pm

That is not a deterrent at all.

When you consider time served, good behaviour and early release.

He might be out in three years or so and back at the game!
Ken7
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 316 posts

Postby theyeti » Oct 26th, 2012, 1:52 am

obviously it was some sort of a tip off .. pretty amazing the cops just stumbled onto it ??

must be more to the story ..

he owes someone alot of money .. i hope for this guys sake he has really good credit and connections cuz he has a big bill with some serious folks i bet .. whoever is out 151 keys gonna be pretty choked about this guy
theyeti
Übergod

Postby theyeti » Oct 26th, 2012, 1:55 am

wow 11 yrs for a bit of coke ?? even if it was 400 lbs who cares its just a drug .. look at what pharma pumps out way worse than a few keys of coke .. why so harsh a sentence i wonder .. soon the younger generation will have power and this insanity will be a thing of the past cooler heads will prevail
theyeti
Übergod

Postby Trunk-Monkey » Oct 28th, 2012, 6:32 am

theyeti wrote:wow 11 yrs for a bit of coke ?? even if it was 400 lbs who cares its just a drug .. look at what pharma pumps out way worse than a few keys of coke .. why so harsh a sentence i wonder .. soon the younger generation will have power and this insanity will be a thing of the past cooler heads will prevail

You're a quack...its only a drug?? Go look on Leon at around 2 am and tell me its just a drug. It destroys people's lives and its poison....PERIOD.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Postby bob vernon » Oct 28th, 2012, 11:06 am

No should mean no. In some countries, notably Saudi Arabia, if you traffic in cocaine you will face the death penalty. And this is the only way to ensure that the price of trafficing is so high that it discourages replacement dealers from entering the marketplace. In Canada, an 11 year sentence is nothing. Only part of it will be served.

A few days after these dealers and their product were removed from the street, another replaced them. And the shortage of supply only increased the price, which in turn increased the misery and the crimes that pay for them. Immediate and permanent removal from society is the only solution.
bob vernon
Board Meister

Liked in: 90 posts

Postby OnTheRoadAgain » Oct 28th, 2012, 12:06 pm

I would not want to live in Saudi Arabia.
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Gixxer » Oct 30th, 2012, 6:01 pm

They didn't create the demand.

Cocaine and all other drugs will always be around. Time to try a different direction on the war on drugs
Gixxer
Übergod

Liked in: 276 posts

Postby Captain Awesome » Oct 30th, 2012, 6:03 pm

Gixxer wrote:Cocaine and all other drugs will always be around. Time to try a different direction on the war on drugs

Sure, let's go in a different direction on pedophilia too. All these laws, and more and more pedophiles show up. The war on pedophilia obviously failed, time to legalize it and tax it.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 1547 posts

Postby Gixxer » Oct 30th, 2012, 6:40 pm

Captain Awesome wrote:
Sure, let's go in a different direction on pedophilia too. All these laws, and more and more pedophiles show up. The war on pedophilia obviously failed, time to legalize it and tax it.

very sick and disgusting
Gixxer
Übergod

Liked in: 276 posts

Postby Captain Awesome » Oct 30th, 2012, 6:42 pm

Gixxer wrote:very sick and disgusting

Funny, I feel the same way about people doing drugs.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Postby jennylives » Oct 30th, 2012, 6:43 pm

Captain Awesome wrote:
Gixxer wrote:Cocaine and all other drugs will always be around. Time to try a different direction on the war on drugs

You are confusing a health problem with a criminal problem. Pedophilia has an obvious victim and is not an accurate comparison to drug use, not by a long shot.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
jennylives
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 1140 posts

Postby Captain Awesome » Oct 30th, 2012, 6:46 pm

jennylives wrote:You are confusing a health problem with a criminal problem. Pedophilia has an obvious victim and is not an accurate comparison to drug use, not by a long shot.

I was merely pointing out that the "if the problem doesn't go away we should legalize it because we obviously failed" logic is seriously flawed.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Postby Trunk-Monkey » Oct 30th, 2012, 6:47 pm

Gixxer wrote:
very sick and disgusting

I think he/she was trying to make a point. One being that when one sexually assaults a child it is said that they can never be cured. If that is the case then it would seem to some that the effort to stop said crimes would be deemed useless because they will always be commited or "be around" as you said regarding your opinion on drugs. The parallel is if they both will always be around and you feel the fight against drugs is useless and so to might the fight against pedophiles.
Let me clear right now....I disagree with your opinion about as much as I disagree with pedophiles in general. IMO both should get much harsher sentences.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

PreviousNext

Return to Vernon / North Okanagan