Wednesday, October 1st6.0°C

How does a 23 year old get 151 kilos of cocaine?

North Okanagan topics including Vernon, Coldstream, Lumby, Armstrong, Enderby and Spallumcheen.

Moderators: oneh2obabe, ferri, Triple 6, Jo

Re: How does a 23 year old get 151 kilos of cocaine?

Postby Trunk-Monkey » Oct 30th, 2012, 6:48 pm

jennylives wrote:
You are confusing a health problem with a criminal problem. Pedophilia has an obvious victim and is not an accurate comparison to drug use, not by a long shot.

And you are confusing the fact that they are both social problems that plague our society equally. Lets face it, yes pedophilia and drugs are two complete and seperate issues and lets be clear..I do not support either. I was simply explaining a point of veiw I felt someone was trying or attempting to make. To me they are both crimes that need to be wiped from the face of the earth...
Last edited by Trunk-Monkey on Nov 2nd, 2012, 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Liked in: 0 post

Postby jennylives » Oct 30th, 2012, 6:58 pm

I said use, not abuse. I've been on the receiving end before. The problem was solved through health care, not criminal charges. It always is.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
jennylives
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 1046 posts

Postby Gixxer » Oct 30th, 2012, 8:19 pm

Its sick and disgusting to use child rape as a comparison or analogy to prove a point.

As for using drugs if someone wants to use them why should the government tell them what they can and can't put into ones own body.

How about educating people at a very young age the potential harms associated with drug use.
Gixxer
Übergod

Liked in: 209 posts

Postby Gixxer » Oct 30th, 2012, 8:22 pm

Trunk-Monkey wrote:No victim you say...sure tell that to the 12 year old boy who's mother just OD'd and is no longer around to care for him...no victim indeed.

Probably the samething you would tell the 12 year old who's mom died from drunk driving, or lung cancer from smoking too much
Gixxer
Übergod

Postby keith1612 » Oct 30th, 2012, 8:53 pm

lol the war on drugs...
all the cities and leaders in BC are jumping on the lets legalize weed bandwagon yet asking for harsh rules on growing it.
seems absurd to me.
how the hell do people get it then?
why legalize drugs you cant get.
look at vancouver, they have heroin injection sites, nice warm cracker motels.
isnt heroin against the law in BC?
ohh but here is a nice sofa and tv and a needle, compliments of Christy Clark.
its time the cities and government picked one side or the other.
if its ok to smoke weed then let people grow it and run dealers out of business.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby Trunk-Monkey » Oct 31st, 2012, 8:28 am

Gixxer wrote:
Probably the samething you would tell the 12 year old who's mom died from drunk driving, or lung cancer from smoking too much

Yes all victims...victims all the same. So saying the drug business is a victimless crime is bogus, thanks for agreeing.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Postby theyeti » Oct 31st, 2012, 10:28 am

Do NOT post personal attacks - Jennylives
theyeti
Übergod

Postby Trunk-Monkey » Oct 31st, 2012, 12:04 pm

theyeti wrote:Do NOT post personal attacks - Jennylives

personal attack removed - Jennylives Cocaine, Meth, GHB & heroin are all crap that is imported in from drug dealers that dont give a crap about the people that get hooked on tjheir product. The end result is people lose their lives, their health and most important themselves. Get my head out of the sand you say...well I think I have a pretty good idea where your head is...and its anything but squarely on your shoulders. You think most people that use are just recreational users?? They are not, they are addicts that would sell their mother down the river for another fix. Or they are dealing and would sell to a 14 or 12 year old just to make a buck.
I have no hatred...except for the importation, sale and use of the poison you claim to be "no big deal".
removed
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Postby WhatThe » Oct 31st, 2012, 1:18 pm

So Trunk, you want stiffer sentences so when you go for the bust the dealer will shoot first? He's facing life, right? That's why you guys need bigger guns and armour and more tools, because you guys keep escalating?

Another reason I have no respect for the RCmp, you guys still think you can arrest your way out of drug abuse.
Our problem is that people are obedient all over the world in the face of poverty and starvation, and war, and cruelty. People are obedient while the jails are full of petty thieves, while the grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem.
WhatThe
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 106 posts

Postby Gixxer » Oct 31st, 2012, 1:56 pm

I say start throwing parents in jail for raising loser pathetic kids with no confidence that say yes to all substances that do harm to ones personal body.

This should include sugary treats, carbs, alcohol, and cigarettes

Well at it mandatory drug testing for people on welfare, and birth control. As well as anyone wanting to have children must pass an extensive interview and approval process before pro creating
Gixxer
Übergod

Postby theyeti » Oct 31st, 2012, 2:21 pm

removed - Jennylives
theyeti
Übergod

Postby LANDM » Oct 31st, 2012, 4:11 pm

theyeti wrote:trunk monkey u cant be serious ??

why cant u just accept the fact most ppl dont care for u or what u stand for ..

Well, I guess if the choice is to let it slide, or not, I will say something here.......I don't know trunk monkey but I assume he is RCMP. Therefore, I do care for him or her and I do care for what they stand for.
Am I a big fan when I get a speeding ticket? No, of course not!
However, it is my fault for getting caught and I don't disparage them for doing their job.

Theyeti, I do not agree with what you said. Your comments about getting in fights with cops, along with your other myriad comments, illustrate where you are coming from. I just don't think that is where most of society is coming from.
LANDM
Übergod

Liked in: 211 posts

Postby theyeti » Oct 31st, 2012, 4:14 pm

i agree with everything u said .. if u get caught u have no one to blame but yourself .

i just think the deck is stacked against the little guy ..

and ive never had alot of good times hanging out with police officers so these r my opinions im glad u do not share them .
theyeti
Übergod

Postby Gixxer » Nov 1st, 2012, 3:49 pm

Great looking Documentary on the war on drugs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0atL1HSwi8
Gixxer
Übergod

Postby Glacier » Nov 1st, 2012, 3:56 pm

I think we are going off topic here.

Back on topic, Troy and Brock entered guilty pleas today. The crown is asking for 25 years for Brock and 15 years for Troy. I expect Brock will get at least triple the sentence though I'm no court expert. My uneducated guess is 18 years for Brock and 6 for Troy.

Brock is screwed having been caught trafficking drugs while out of bail and paying off a guard to obtain a cell phone while in jail. (The cell phone was tapped, so they caught him yet again making drug deals, but this time from his cell).

Sentencing is on Nov 30th.
"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants."
Glacier
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 1360 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Vernon / North Okanagan