Wednesday, November 26th0.1°C

How does a 23 year old get 151 kilos of cocaine?

North Okanagan topics including Vernon, Coldstream, Lumby, Armstrong, Enderby and Spallumcheen.

Moderators: oneh2obabe, Triple 6, Jo, ferri

Re: How does a 23 year old get 151 kilos of cocaine?

Postby Scottyw » Nov 12th, 2012, 5:09 am

Glacier wrote:I think we are going off topic here.

Back on topic, Troy and Brock entered guilty pleas today. The crown is asking for 25 years for Brock and 15 years for Troy. I expect Brock will get at least triple the sentence though I'm no court expert. My uneducated guess is 18 years for Brock and 6 for Troy.

Brock is screwed having been caught trafficking drugs while out of bail and paying off a guard to obtain a cell phone while in jail. (The cell phone was tapped, so they caught him yet again making drug deals, but this time from his cell).

Sentencing is on Nov 30th.

As I stated earlier....the stupid will be punished.
Scottyw

Liked in: 0 post

Postby ticat900 » Nov 12th, 2012, 10:10 am

Scottyw wrote:
Glacier wrote:I think we are going off topic here.

Back on topic, Troy and Brock entered guilty pleas today. The crown is asking for 25 years for Brock and 15 years for Troy. I expect Brock will get at least triple the sentence though I'm no court expert. My uneducated guess is 18 years for Brock and 6 for Troy.

Brock is screwed having been caught trafficking drugs while out of bail and paying off a guard to obtain a cell phone while in jail. (The cell phone was tapped, so they caught him yet again making drug deals, but this time from his cell).

Sentencing is on Nov 30th.

As I stated earlier....the stupid will be punished.

I knew this boy well and i must say he was far from the sharpest knife in the drawer.He can only blame himself and in 15 years when hes released maybe he will realize it was all a tragic mistake on his part.I do question why we give him a harsher
prison sentence than people whom kill or rape people?
ticat900
Board Meister

Postby ole smelly » Nov 13th, 2012, 8:00 pm

The only thing those farts understand in to be punished with a studded belt
ole smelly
Fledgling

Liked in: 4 posts

Postby Glacier » Nov 30th, 2012, 12:38 pm

Glacier wrote:Sentencing is on Nov 30th.

And here is what the judge has handed down today:
    Troy = 11 years
    Brock = 18 years

http://www.prairiepost.com/news/swift-c ... ation.html
"...a lie doesn’t become a truth and wrong doesn’t become right and evil doesn’t become good just because it becomes popular. Truth is truth." -Rick warren
Glacier
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 1558 posts

Postby theyeti » Nov 30th, 2012, 1:41 pm

wow thats a long time in jail . poor guys gonna regret what he did i bet !
theyeti
Übergod

Postby ole smelly » Nov 30th, 2012, 2:16 pm

They were unteachable at kidston skool and it has come back to bite them in the A**.
ole smelly
Fledgling

Liked in: 4 posts

Postby Trunk-Monkey » Nov 30th, 2012, 3:12 pm

ole smelly wrote:They were unteachable at kidston skool and it has come back to bite them in the A**.

Well they offer educational programs in jail...
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Postby keith1612 » Nov 30th, 2012, 3:18 pm

yup when they get out on parole in 6 years they will be much better members of society.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby Ken7 » Nov 30th, 2012, 3:46 pm

keith1612 wrote:lol the war on drugs...
all the cities and leaders in BC are jumping on the lets legalize weed bandwagon yet asking for harsh rules on growing it.
seems absurd to me.
how the hell do people get it then?
why legalize drugs you cant get.
look at vancouver, they have heroin injection sites, nice warm cracker motels.
isnt heroin against the law in BC?
ohh but here is a nice sofa and tv and a needle, compliments of Christy Clark.
its time the cities and government picked one side or the other.
if its ok to smoke weed then let people grow it and run dealers out of business.

I'm still trying to get one of you to answer this question for me. If Canada made it legal to grow your own and smoke it, how would that wipe out drug dealers?

Did you ever give it some thought as to what percentage of BC Bud stays in Canada? You may be somewhat shocked if the real numbers were known.
Ken7
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 338 posts

Postby Gixxer » Dec 1st, 2012, 8:23 am

Good to see castanet is on top of reporting this story
Gixxer
Übergod

Liked in: 336 posts

Postby Trunk-Monkey » Dec 1st, 2012, 5:44 pm

WhatThe wrote:So Trunk, you want stiffer sentences so when you go for the bust the dealer will shoot first? He's facing life, right? That's why you guys need bigger guns and armour and more tools, because you guys keep escalating?

Another reason I have no respect for the RCmp, you guys still think you can arrest your way out of drug abuse.

I want stiffer sentences for a number of reasons. Lets face it if the bad guy is going to shoot he/she is not going to care what the sentence is...case and point what happened in West Kelowna in late July.
I dont want bigger guns I want more technically savy guns...this is what the new fire arm the RCMP is getting is. The police are not the problem here...its the drug dealers.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Postby Gixxer » Dec 1st, 2012, 8:56 pm

Trunk-Monkey wrote:

I want stiffer sentences for a number of reasons. Lets face it if the bad guy is going to shoot he/she is not going to care what the sentence is...case and point what happened in West Kelowna in late July.
I dont want bigger guns I want more technically savy guns...this is what the new fire arm the RCMP is getting is. The police are not the problem here...its the drug dealers.[/quote]

The drug dealers aren't the problem here...its the drug laws.
Gixxer
Übergod

Liked in: 336 posts

Postby Trunk-Monkey » Dec 2nd, 2012, 7:25 am

Gixxer wrote:The drug dealers aren't the problem here...its the drug laws.

So you agree then the laws need to be made stiffer....Its what I have been saying all along.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Postby cutter7 » Dec 2nd, 2012, 8:12 am

I agree only because stiffer penalties will increase the base price of the drug and that in turn will allow the middle men to hire people to distribute their product.

The marginalized street level people will sell the drugs to support their habits and the middle men will rake in the cash safely from a distance.

A drug addict gets caught, goes to jail...they get free room and board and lets face it jail is better than some cold urine stained alley in the middle of dec.

Drug addict gets warm place to live and food. middle men make huge cash, cops get hero cookies for arresting addicts and an opening is made for another addict to sell drugs.....see? its win win for everyone.....Not.

I don't know how far up a persons anus his head has to be to think harsher drug laws work,,, it hasn't worked in the states and it won't work here.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 76 posts

Postby keith1612 » Dec 2nd, 2012, 8:20 am

Ken7 wrote:
I'm still trying to get one of you to answer this question for me. If Canada made it legal to grow your own and smoke it, how would that wipe out drug dealers?

Did you ever give it some thought as to what percentage of BC Bud stays in Canada? You may be somewhat shocked if the real numbers were known.

yes i do believe it would decrease the criminal aspect by a large number, alot higher number than the police can or will ever achieve.
as for marijuana crossing the border if you look the USA is waking up and decriminalizing it themselves so eventually hopefully in short order the demand will decrease.
either way its not like the police are really doing anything, bust 1 and 2 pop up.
perhaps its time canada and the usa found a way to export and import marijuana and really wiped out the dealers and reduce debt at the same time.
the only thing the war on drugs has created is rich dealers, full prisons, a overabundance of highly paid police officers and lawyers.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

PreviousNext

Return to Vernon / North Okanagan