Red Robin opening

toughnut
Board Meister

Re: Red Robin opening

Post by toughnut »

dg3 wrote:i was looking forward to carlz, having enjoyed a western burger in seatle 2o years ago. but i was very disappointed with what i got in carlz kelowna. i wont be back.

trying to understand what this has to do with red robin in Vernon??
dg3
Board Meister

Post by dg3 »

refers to earlier post in this thread, no reply with quote button in this forum.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Verminator wrote:Well, each to their own I guess. If you like a restaurant with noisy kids, loud music and over-priced artery-clogging 'gourmet' burgers, go for it. I'd rather have a quiet and very tasty BTW, dinner at ESM any day of the week. We were a party of six and every one of us loved the food, and the service was second to none. ESM's prices are very reasonable, better than some of the more mundane family restaurants in town. I'm definitely going to be a return customer.

Oh I agree, to each their own. Still not an ESM fan, guess its just one of those cases if you've been to The Olive Garden ... :D

Noisy Boater wrote:Do they still serve food in red plastic baskets ???? I hate that

Oh nooooo ... burgers are soooooo much better when served in plastic baskets :D

gordon_as wrote:We tried it. I was disappointed with the menu , ( burgers , burgers , or burgers )

Guess the "Gourmet Burgers" in their name wasn't the first clue, huh? :sillygrin:

gordon_as wrote:I would rather spent an extra $15 on a night out at the Phoenix steak house , or the Eclectic med , or Italian kitchen. Have never been disappointed at any of those places.

The Phoenix is OK, the Eclectic Med is amazing, the Italian Kitchen is so so, just went their this past weekend and I just really wish they would change their menu everyonce in awhile ... its been the same for the last three years. Adding a few monthly pasta specials would defienetly keep me coming back more than twice a year.

superbee wrote:What are your opinions now Red Robin has been open for half a year?

Being a burger conisuer, I still think they have the best burgers in town and some of the best burgers I've had ... and I assure you, I've had some really good ones all over the world :)
fvkasm2x wrote:What are your opinions now Red Robin has been open for half a year?

My opinion is that people need to get out more and experience life.

First, to be so excited about a hamburger restaurant in the first place...
and then for those to be "disappointed in overpriced hamburgers" is even sillier.

Reminds of all the kooks here in Kelowna who got excited about Fatburger or Carl's Jr.

Well, I've experienced many wonderful things in life, so I'm safe to get excited about a juicy hamburger .... droool! LOL!

Fatburger honestly tastes just the same as A&W, which is OK for a quick burger fix, but they're just to expensive to justify going there for nothing that good. Carl's, their thick burgers are pretty good, but the other ones I'll be avoiding in the future.

Just a side note ... I had a burger at one of Gordon Ramsay's restaurants in London the other week, probably the best bun I've had yet, and while it was a very thick patty of meat, it too was just so so.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

O.o
U know Dizzy, vegetables and fruit will give you a much longer life span.
Might even help shed any unwanted waistline as well.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

vinnied wrote:O.o
U know Dizzy, vegetables and fruit will give you a much longer life span.
Might even help shed any unwanted waistline as well.

Thanks, but I eat more than my share of veggies and fruits. Infact, my diet is a very healthy, balanced and varied one. Just because one loves a certain food (in my case, hamburgers), getting excited about trying out new burgers has nothing to do with ones health or diet.

Yes people, you can have hamburgers, high fat, high sodium foods everyonce in awhile ... despite what all the doom sayers preach ... it actually won't kill you or shed years off your lifespan, in fact, you might even have a more enjoyable life if you do grab one every once in awhile.

Now, if you're diet consists mainly of burgers, fries, fast food, chips, candy and pop then thats another story. But I like to believe that many adults are like myself and understand what moderation and common sense are (right LMAO! LOL!)

As for my waistline ... lets see, I'm in my 40s, just over 6 feet and just under 200 pounds with a 34 waist, I'm pretty well spot on. I will admit, the waist isn't a six pack but thats because I don't hit the gym as much as I'd like to LOL!
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

Return to “Central Okanagan”