Red Robin opening

justmyopinion
Lord of the Board

Re: Red Robin opening

Post by justmyopinion »

Verminator wrote:We had a great dinner at Eastside Mario's the other day. The food was great and so was the service, nice atmosphere too. Red Robin's like McDonald's with beer. No thanks.

:coffeecanuck: Agree!
bcpaul
Fledgling

Post by bcpaul »

Like a fastfood restuarant . And a pop costs $4.00 - you get free refills though.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Verminator wrote:We had a great dinner at Eastside Mario's the other day. The food was excellent and so was the service, nice atmosphere too. Compared to that, Red Robin is pretty much a noisy McDonald's with beer. No thanks.

I have yet to find something on ESM's menu that actually has flavour other than their salad and soup :dyinglaughing: The atmosphere there is great, but seriously their food is bland as bland can be ... ESM is to Olive Garden as JYSK is to IKEA :dyinglaughing:

As for Red Robin's, the only reason I go there is that their bacon cheeseburgers are absolulty awesome but their ridiculously ludicrous of IDing under "39 1/2" policy is enough for me not to give them any of my money. Adults should be treated like adults and not subject to such a childish marketing gimmick.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Verminator
Board Meister

Post by Verminator »

Dizzy1 wrote:
Verminator wrote:We had a great dinner at Eastside Mario's the other day. The food was excellent and so was the service, nice atmosphere too. Compared to that, Red Robin is pretty much a noisy McDonald's with beer. No thanks.

I have yet to find something on ESM's menu that actually has flavour other than their salad and soup :dyinglaughing: The atmosphere there is great, but seriously their food is bland as bland can be ... ESM is to Olive Garden as JYSK is to IKEA :dyinglaughing:

As for Red Robin's, the only reason I go there is that their bacon cheeseburgers are absolulty awesome but their ridiculously ludicrous of IDing under "39 1/2" policy is enough for me not to give them any of my money. Adults should be treated like adults and not subject to such a childish marketing gimmick.

Well, each to their own I guess. If you like a restaurant with noisy kids, loud music and over-priced artery-clogging 'gourmet' burgers, go for it. I'd rather have a quiet and very tasty BTW, dinner at ESM any day of the week. We were a party of six and every one of us loved the food, and the service was second to none. ESM's prices are very reasonable, better than some of the more mundane family restaurants in town. I'm definitely going to be a return customer.
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin
justmyopinion
Lord of the Board

Post by justmyopinion »

I agree Verminator - I find the food good at ESM. And until just the other day I found the service ok, but slow. This last time was a bit stupid though....our waitress was rushed (even with only a couple tables) and actually yelled over from the till at us and another table to find out what we were drinking...I found that VERY unprofessional! :137:
EuroJas23

Post by EuroJas23 »

My family and I went to Red Robin a few weeks back, WORST service ever! After being seated for about 15 minutes I finally had to flag down a waitress to ask if she could please take our order, well actually I had to literally grab her as she walked by and not to mention there were about 20 other staff members at the time. She was very nice and said she wasn't our waitress but would be glad to take our order. Our drinks took another 15 minutes, and I ordered water which came last after everyone else got their fancy drinks?? 1 hour into the meal out waiter finally came by and asked if we wanted refills...never saw him again until I had to raise my voice at him to get him to bring the bill.

needless to say we tried it, food was nothing to brag about and we will never set foot in there again.
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

Do they still serve food in red plastic baskets ???? I hate that and its to noisy and to $$$$$$$$$$$ White spot rules cant beat that clam chowder or those vanilla shakes . Screw the healthy stuff SUPER SIZE ME :trippyquoter: :dyinglaughing:
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
justmyopinion
Lord of the Board

Post by justmyopinion »

Noisy Boater wrote:Screw the healthy stuff SUPER SIZE ME :trippyquoter: :dyinglaughing:

:coffeecanuck:
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

We tried it. I was disappointed with the menu , ( burgers , burgers , or burgers ) and the service was crappy even though there were more staff than customers. Food was bland and tasteless. My $10 burger was not as good as at A & W. I would rather spent an extra $15 on a night out at the Phoenix steak house , or the Eclectic med , or Italian kitchen. Have never been disappointed at any of those places.
When you go out for dinner , you shouldn't leave thinking " I could have saved $30 and made that at home , and it would have tasted better".
superbee
Fledgling

Post by superbee »

What are your opinions now Red Robin has been open for half a year?
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

The food tastes great, but I woke up at about 4:00 in the morning and had to guzzle about a litre of water to rehydrate. Way too much salt. It's gotta be unhealthy.
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

bob vernon wrote:The food tastes great, but I woke up at about 4:00 in the morning and had to guzzle about a litre of water to rehydrate. Way too much salt. It's gotta be unhealthy.

http://www.redrobincanada.com/home/nutr ... ation.aspx
toughnut
Board Meister

Post by toughnut »

bob vernon wrote:The food tastes great, but I woke up at about 4:00 in the morning and had to guzzle about a litre of water to rehydrate. Way too much salt. It's gotta be unhealthy.

The only reason u had to do that was u drank too much boose.Been there and done that.Actually RR prides themselves in low sodium foods.?I just took my mother ro Red Robin for her "89th" birthday.We had been to ESM a few times and found it way too noisy.The menu at RR is very good.lots of different dishes to choose.The food was excellant and plenty to eat as they refill the frys etc for free and the service was also very good.All in all I give them a A. :sunshine:
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

superbee wrote:What are your opinions now Red Robin has been open for half a year?

My opinion is that people need to get out more and experience life.

First, to be so excited about a hamburger restaurant in the first place...
and then for those to be "disappointed in overpriced hamburgers" is even sillier.

Reminds of all the kooks here in Kelowna who got excited about Fatburger or Carl's Jr.
dg3
Board Meister

Post by dg3 »

i was looking forward to carlz, having enjoyed a western burger in seatle 2o years ago. but i was very disappointed with what i got in carlz kelowna. i wont be back.

Return to “Central Okanagan”