Backroad Dumping

skydawg
Lord of the Board

Backroad Dumping

Post by skydawg »

To the the pathetic low life scum bag people that continue to dump garbage on King edward forest service road. When will you scum bags get a life? There is so much crap up there and the stupid part is half of it you can take to the dump for free, yes FREE. My guess is that most of these people are from Lavington. Things like garbage bags full of sawdust from a wood working shop, you morons cant even dump the sawdust out of the bag and take the bag with you. There is enough appliances up there to furnish two or more houses. Cardboard, you can recycle that for free. And the yard waste or tree clippings you just dump in a pile right on the side of the road, you cant even throw it over the bank you just pile it up right there on the road then the next oxygen waster comes along and thinks oh look lets just dump it there someone else did. The loser taxidermist in coldstream continues to dump his animals scraps right next to a creek, brilliant! The list of idiots goes on and on. I hope we meet one day while you are doing your dumping. I spend a lot of time in that area fishing and hiking don't be surprised if you find your previously dumped crap on your front lawn or a visit from the police with pictures of you dumping in their hands. Would be nice if some of the dumpers read this but most likely you cant read anyway. Anybody with this kind of intelligence should be fed to the coyotes in kelowna, there really is no other use for them.
Have some respect for other people and other peoples property.
prairieflower
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Backroad Dumping

Post by prairieflower »

skydawg wrote:To the the pathetic low life scum bag people that continue to dump garbage on King edward forest service road. When will you scum bags get a life? There is so much crap up there and the stupid part is half of it you can take to the dump for free, yes FREE. My guess is that most of these people are from Lavington. Things like garbage bags full of sawdust from a wood working shop, you morons cant even dump the sawdust out of the bag and take the bag with you. There is enough appliances up there to furnish two or more houses. Cardboard, you can recycle that for free. And the yard waste or tree clippings you just dump in a pile right on the side of the road, you cant even throw it over the bank you just pile it up right there on the road then the next oxygen waster comes along and thinks oh look lets just dump it there someone else did. The loser taxidermist in coldstream continues to dump his animals scraps right next to a creek, brilliant! The list of idiots goes on and on. I hope we meet one day while you are doing your dumping. I spend a lot of time in that area fishing and hiking don't be surprised if you find your previously dumped crap on your front lawn or a visit from the police with pictures of you dumping in their hands. Would be nice if some of the dumpers read this but most likely you cant read anyway. Anybody with this kind of intelligence should be fed to the coyotes in kelowna, there really is no other use for them.

:134: :rate10:

It's blatant, and very sad how stupid and lazy people are, and how little they think of what they are doing to nature by doing this.
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

Wadda mean? It's how we keep Vernon pretty and nice. Don't you read some of the replies here? Nothing wrong with Vernon, everything is AOK....
Calling yourself a libertarian today is a lot like wearing a mullet back in the nineteen eighties.
When I feed the poor, they call me a saint, but when I ask why the poor are hungry, they call me a communist. Bishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

This happens everywhere not just here and this is only one particular road of many that get dumped on.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Someone should hide a few motion detachable cameras up there. Is it always in the same spot?
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

Gixxer wrote:Someone should hide a few motion detachable cameras up there. Is it always in the same spot?

Already been done in a few spots
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

skydawg wrote:
Gixxer wrote:Someone should hide a few motion detachable cameras up there. Is it always in the same spot?

Already been done in a few spots

Opps I didnt read that far down. I went into fix it mode, after the first few sentences.
intheknow
Board Meister

Post by intheknow »

skydawg wrote:To the the pathetic low life scum bag people that continue to dump garbage on King edward forest service road. When will you scum bags get a life? There is so much crap up there and the stupid part is half of it you can take to the dump for free, yes FREE. My guess is that most of these people are from Lavington. Things like garbage bags full of sawdust from a wood working shop, you morons cant even dump the sawdust out of the bag and take the bag with you. There is enough appliances up there to furnish two or more houses. Cardboard, you can recycle that for free. And the yard waste or tree clippings you just dump in a pile right on the side of the road, you cant even throw it over the bank you just pile it up right there on the road then the next oxygen waster comes along and thinks oh look lets just dump it there someone else did. The loser taxidermist in coldstream continues to dump his animals scraps right next to a creek, brilliant! The list of idiots goes on and on. I hope we meet one day while you are doing your dumping. I spend a lot of time in that area fishing and hiking don't be surprised if you find your previously dumped crap on your front lawn or a visit from the police with pictures of you dumping in their hands. Would be nice if some of the dumpers read this but most likely you cant read anyway. Anybody with this kind of intelligence should be fed to the coyotes in kelowna, there really is no other use for them.

SkyDawg/!! Right on.A very well written post about which almost everyone in this city and area will agree.Its dispicable
and the guilty taxiderist knows better but does not care as anyone who dumps there obviously has no care and is brain dead
Unfortunetely you see this everywhere U go.Prince george,lumby,kelowna penticton,trail, revelstoke etc everywhere
Its sad but its part of society we have to put up with so any idiot that thinks its just pertainent to coldstream, lavington area is just as brain dead as the idiots that spread garbage and dump garbage
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

Yesterday, I spent the whole day down Postill Road cleaning up garbage from between the road and the creek.
I only managed to do 1 km of road.

I found everything from numerous used condoms to back seats from cars.
One thing remained consistent though, every hundred feet or so I was pulling black garbage bags of soil used in grow-ops.
Deer hides all over the road, ditches.
Truck parts melted in the numerous makeshift firepits.
Household garbage, including toothbrushes and well used panty liners.

When I was driving back to the corner of Postill and Farmers Drive, I noticed that someone had already dropped off a bag of household garbage right on the road. The birds had pulled everything out, and it was another mess to clean before I left.

The backroads are now dumping grounds for grow-ops, household waste, vehicle thieves, and poachers.
Makeshift shooting ranges are littered with shotgun shells, household garbage, mattress springs, furniture, toilets, old tvs/computers and appliances.

I recently spoke with the area Conservation Officer about the Illegal dumping, littering and those who like to shoot of their shotguns. He told me that there have never been so many complaints of backroad dumping as there are now.

It is clear to me that those criminals involved in grow-ops(who would never drive to the dump) are responsible for a percentage of the Illegal dumping.

A small percentage of backroad partiers also are responsible for littering and dumping.

Then there is the new younger group of gun enthusiasts who buy a case of clay ducks and blast them to pieces everywhere, and when the no longer want to buy them, they use appliances, toilets, tv's or cars.

There also appears to be a group of poachers that use the Postill area. Last week we found the remains of over 50 deer while quadding down the trails. Most of the bones still had some meat left, indicating the age of the kill.
I personally believe these poachers are also responsible for Illegal dumping, as anyone who poaches lives close by and knows how much traffic uses the roads at any time.

Those that dump Illegally, more than likely live a different "lifestyle" then most.
The only way to stop it, is a the presence of a CO. Seeing as there is a big shortage of them, the general public has to be more vigilant and start reporting this crap if you catch someone in the act, or if they drive down a backroad with a load of garbage, looking for a place to dump it.

The fine for the first Illegal dumping/littering offense is $500.00.
I told the CO today that it should be $500 per ounce, he agreed.
Confiscation of the vehicle(so they can't do it again) would be a good lesson as well.

These are some really sick people that are destroying the back country, and it's the same down most Forestry Roads.
I don't believe dirtbikers, quadders and 4x4 users are responsible for the littering, if anything, many are responsible for the cleanup of these backroad criminal dumps.
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

Actually the growers are the least of my worries if its just soil. I have picked up dozens of bags of soil and used them for landscaping, it works great. That stuff is normally $30 a bag. Now if I could just get them to deliver.
intheknow
Board Meister

Post by intheknow »

Its disgusting,its wrong and its illeagle but its up to the concervation and forestry service people to patrol and controll this sort of thing.They say understaffed and overworked?? I do not buy that for one second and never have.If there is more money needed to controll or iradicate this situation then lets quit giving refuges a free ride.Get the hell out of the middle east
How much money has been given to Haiti?? WAY WAY too much.When u cant look after your own business properly then you shant be out looking after others now should you??? :purefury: :purefury:
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

UltraViolet wrote:Yesterday, I spent the whole day down Postill Road cleaning up garbage from between the road and the creek.
I only managed to do 1 km of road.

I found everything from numerous used condoms to back seats from cars.
One thing remained consistent though, every hundred feet or so I was pulling black garbage bags of soil used in grow-ops.
Deer hides all over the road, ditches.
Truck parts melted in the numerous makeshift firepits.
Household garbage, including toothbrushes and well used panty liners.

When I was driving back to the corner of Postill and Farmers Drive, I noticed that someone had already dropped off a bag of household garbage right on the road. The birds had pulled everything out, and it was another mess to clean before I left.

The backroads are now dumping grounds for grow-ops, household waste, vehicle thieves, and poachers.
Makeshift shooting ranges are littered with shotgun shells, household garbage, mattress springs, furniture, toilets, old tvs/computers and appliances.

I recently spoke with the area Conservation Officer about the Illegal dumping, littering and those who like to shoot of their shotguns. He told me that there have never been so many complaints of backroad dumping as there are now.

It is clear to me that those criminals involved in grow-ops(who would never drive to the dump) are responsible for a percentage of the Illegal dumping.

A small percentage of backroad partiers also are responsible for littering and dumping.

Then there is the new younger group of gun enthusiasts who buy a case of clay ducks and blast them to pieces everywhere, and when the no longer want to buy them, they use appliances, toilets, tv's or cars.

There also appears to be a group of poachers that use the Postill area. Last week we found the remains of over 50 deer while quadding down the trails. Most of the bones still had some meat left, indicating the age of the kill.
I personally believe these poachers are also responsible for Illegal dumping, as anyone who poaches lives close by and knows how much traffic uses the roads at any time.

Those that dump Illegally, more than likely live a different "lifestyle" then most.
The only way to stop it, is a the presence of a CO. Seeing as there is a big shortage of them, the general public has to be more vigilant and start reporting this crap if you catch someone in the act, or if they drive down a backroad with a load of garbage, looking for a place to dump it.

The fine for the first Illegal dumping/littering offense is $500.00.
I told the CO today that it should be $500 per ounce, he agreed.
Confiscation of the vehicle(so they can't do it again) would be a good lesson as well.

These are some really sick people that are destroying the back country, and it's the same down most Forestry Roads.
I don't believe dirtbikers, quadders and 4x4 users are responsible for the littering, if anything, many are responsible for the cleanup of these backroad criminal dumps.

One of the recent dumps there was a receipt in it which was from a business with the employees name. A quick phone call to the business resulted in lies. They said oh that guy hasn't worked for us in over a year, then he was informed of the date on it. Shortly after they were offering ways/money to have it cleaned up. I love it when these scum bags leave a paper trail.
LnL

Post by LnL »

I agree that dumping is a huge problem...

However, that being said: I dump on backroads, and I will continue to do so. :nyah:

I never dump plastic, rubber, garbage, metal, recyclables, etc etc

The only stuff I dump is dirt, rocks, wood (no nails or treated), leaves, branches etc.

When I dump these things, they are placed in appropriate places: spread out if a dirt pile or in an obvious ditch that will wash it away by spring anyway, and scattered in with other natural piles of leaves/branches.

The last dump that included rocks and dirt, I drove up a well-used 4x4 trial and filled gigantic potholes along the road with the said dirt and rocks, and even stamped them down.

Responsible dumping shouldn't be fined. And I do my fair share of hauling plastic, metal, etc garbage on my way out. Some of the things were ridiculous. Tubs, mattresses, oil jugs.. yuck.
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

BigErn wrote:I agree that dumping is a huge problem...

However, that being said: I dump on backroads, and I will continue to do so. :nyah:

I never dump plastic, rubber, garbage, metal, recyclables, etc etc

The only stuff I dump is dirt, rocks, wood (no nails or treated), leaves, branches etc.

When I dump these things, they are placed in appropriate places: spread out if a dirt pile or in an obvious ditch that will wash it away by spring anyway, and scattered in with other natural piles of leaves/branches.

The last dump that included rocks and dirt, I drove up a well-used 4x4 trial and filled gigantic potholes along the road with the said dirt and rocks, and even stamped them down.

Responsible dumping shouldn't be fined. And I do my fair share of hauling plastic, metal, etc garbage on my way out. Some of the things were ridiculous. Tubs, mattresses, oil jugs.. yuck.

Calling yourself a libertarian today is a lot like wearing a mullet back in the nineteen eighties.
When I feed the poor, they call me a saint, but when I ask why the poor are hungry, they call me a communist. Bishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
Mama
Lord of the Board

Post by Mama »

"responsible dumping" I like that...but its rare...VERY rare! I get so p*ssed at the grow op dumping too. Lazy %astards cant even take the plastic? And the boozing "hunters" throwing beer cans out the window as they road hunt.... :purefury:
We hunt, our carcass/hides go wayyyy out, and way off road. Coyotes and ravens need to eat too. We live beside crown land, and there are idiots that dump right next to us...that brings scavengers closer to our homes and animals.
" I love it when these scum bags leave a paper trail." for the ones that leave household garbage??? hehehee nuf said ;)
MY GREATEST FEAR IS, THERE IS NO PMS, AND THIS IS MY REAL PERSONALITY.

Return to “Central Okanagan”