Vernon, what a disappointment

Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Vernon, what a disappointment

Post by Fritzthecat »

Verminator wrote:Diversified Economy

Vernon boasts an extremely diversified economy with a strong mix of industrial, professional, tourism and agricultural related businesses. The strength of the economy has been highlighted during global economic downturns as the community continues to boast the lowest unemployment rate within British Columbia. The City of Vernon will continue to focus on emerging sectors such as advanced technology, aviation and tourism infrastructure. Offering one of the most desirable places to live in North America and a supportive business environment, Vernon will continue to draw highly skilled professionals to the region.

Wonderful! Now I know why we have such a super-hot real estate market in this town, not to mention all those high-paying jobs in the local help wanted ads.

I sense some sarcasm..... :sunshine:
Calling yourself a libertarian today is a lot like wearing a mullet back in the nineteen eighties.
When I feed the poor, they call me a saint, but when I ask why the poor are hungry, they call me a communist. Bishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
ticat900
Board Meister

Post by ticat900 »

One mighty smart and gracious man that knows vernons the best:
Foord told radio station KISS FM in 2007 that he couldn't imagine a better place than Vernon to base his company.

"We've been tempted with the idea of moving our operation to a more central location," he said in the interview.

"It wouldn't happen as long as I was alive, I can tell you that, because while I was born in Saskatchewan, Vernon is really more my heart than anywhere."
rest in peace Mr Fooord you were one hell of a good man
superbee
Fledgling

Post by superbee »

He sure was, Ticat. We bought tires at his Vernon store, I'm trying to remember its location--somewhere behind the Capitol Theatre/National Hotel? And they lived then somewhere around the cricket field? I remember Mr. Foord as always smiling and so cheerful. His wife Norah was a lovely person too. I went to school with Nancy, and again, a super nice person. The Foords were great people, always cheerful and smiling. Lives well lived. RIP.

Return to “Central Okanagan”