Board Meister

Re: Vernon, what a disappointment

Post by ticat900 »

removed - Jennylives
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

The personal attacks are not neccessary. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
imahoser
Fledgling

Post by imahoser »

I took a job at polson park a few years ago. My job at 7am was to first rake the playground sand areas for needles and inspect play structure for other danger, clean the people poo out of the bathrooms and smeared on mirrors and the entire park for that matter, Take out garbage, then continue searching the grounds for questionable trash. Biohazard was to go into a special box in the broom closet. And boy did I find it. This was before the gates were opened to the public. I had the rcmp and bylaw on speed dial and my phone with me at all times. I would walk far out to the boardwalks to clean up garbage and I had to draw the line at pulling sleeping bags out of trees and bushwhacking for garbage that didnt fit in my bucket. What a disgusting dump.
For those that enjoy the park, and are oblivious to the underground because there is folks cleaning it for you before you arrive (all for $10 per hour), think again. You're children are playing in filth whether you see it or not. And not only polson park for that matter. Ive seen used condoms, dirty pads, you name it laying in ALL our public areas over the years. Not to mention the plethora of other disgusting aspects of Vernon, the negative energy here is one to blow your socks off it you have any sort of friendly bone in your body.

On another note. I had a wonderful time visiting with Duchess and I was very sad to hear of my "friends" passing.
ticat900
Board Meister

Post by ticat900 »

imahoser wrote:I took a job at polson park a few years ago. My job at 7am was to first rake the playground sand areas for needles and inspect play structure for other danger, clean the people poo out of the bathrooms and smeared on mirrors and the entire park for that matter, Take out garbage, then continue searching the grounds for questionable trash. Biohazard was to go into a special box in the broom closet. And boy did I find it. This was before the gates were opened to the public. I had the rcmp and bylaw on speed dial and my phone with me at all times. I would walk far out to the boardwalks to clean up garbage and I had to draw the line at pulling sleeping bags out of trees and bushwhacking for garbage that didnt fit in my bucket. What a disgusting dump.
For those that enjoy the park, and are oblivious to the underground because there is folks cleaning it for you before you arrive (all for $10 per hour), think again. You're children are playing in filth whether you see it or not. And not only polson park for that matter. Ive seen used condoms, dirty pads, you name it laying in ALL our public areas over the years. Not to mention the plethora of other disgusting aspects of Vernon, the negative energy here is one to blow your socks off it you have any sort of friendly bone in your body.

On another note. I had a wonderful time visiting with Duchess and I was very sad to hear of my "friends" passing.

Although this no doubt is true.Its away from the viewing public and one has only blame the city of vernon for this.There is no reason why this mess can not be cleaned up and and kept under controll NO reason at all.Its pure laszyness and non careing of Vernon city employees and citymanagment of lack of
james-d
Banned

Post by james-d »

Years ago while living in a Prairie city, We had several city Parks. On RARE occasions we had unquestionable items found from the night users of theses parks. The reason I know this, is my uncle and my cousin have been managing these parks for fifty years. The reason they rarely found these items years ago was because the police picked up the people who had no means and threw their *bleep* in jail for the night. I believe the laws they broke were called ,You got it VACRANCY laws. We here in Bc and I'm sure in many other cities with warm climates are dumb enough to allow theses folks to live in our parks and wooded areas of town, to use these areas as toilets, and portable drug sights, and even the occasional drunk can puke in the bushes.No problem.
Until the street people are shown the way out of town, Well just learn to live with it and if one of you kids gets stuck with a needle , Don't worry It's most likley left over from some drug user , who is only misunderstood ,and needs your help cause his daddy spanked him ,or maybe did not spank him enough. I remember back in the sixty's, most of us had to work for a living, Not today though, there is always someone stupid enough to give you a hand OUT But not nessescarily a hand up. cause most of these street people will not work anyway, Here in Kelowna the other day we had not too cold a day and they were out in force on street corners. Oh for the old days when it was not allowed. But here in Kelowna and in Vancouver ,they can make more begging then working
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

james-d wrote:Years ago while living in a Prairie city, We had several city Parks. On RARE occasions we had unquestionable items found from the night users of theses parks. The reason I know this, is my uncle and my cousin have been managing these parks for fifty years. The reason they rarely found these items years ago was because the police picked up the people who had no means and threw their *bleep* in jail for the night. I believe the laws they broke were called ,You got it VACRANCY laws. We here in Bc and I'm sure in many other cities with warm climates are dumb enough to allow theses folks to live in our parks and wooded areas of town, to use these areas as toilets, and portable drug sights, and even the occasional drunk can puke in the bushes.No problem.
Until the street people are shown the way out of town, Well just learn to live with it and if one of you kids gets stuck with a needle , Don't worry It's most likley left over from some drug user , who is only misunderstood ,and needs your help cause his daddy spanked him ,or maybe did not spank him enough. I remember back in the sixty's, most of us had to work for a living, Not today though, there is always someone stupid enough to give you a hand OUT But not nessescarily a hand up. cause most of these street people will not work anyway, Here in Kelowna the other day we had not too cold a day and they were out in force on street corners. Oh for the old days when it was not allowed. But here in Kelowna and in Vancouver ,they can make more begging then working

That has never worked and never will work. What else you going to do? Toss them inem in prison? We've already decieded no prison in our town!
Drugs are a symptom of a bigger problem and until that is realized and addressed instead of just saying "Oh I live in a beautiful town...blah blah blah..." it ain't gonna go away.
Calling yourself a libertarian today is a lot like wearing a mullet back in the nineteen eighties.
When I feed the poor, they call me a saint, but when I ask why the poor are hungry, they call me a communist. Bishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
klkane

Post by klkane »

You obviously have never lived up North! We just moved from Grande Prairie, AB. ...and this town is a far cry from horrible infrastructure! You must have moved from somewhere like Modesto california...amazing infrastructure...sorry to hear your not gelling well with your new environment...try to make the best of it ...or lobby for some change..since you are now a resident make it what you want! Best of luck to you!
ticat900
Board Meister

Post by ticat900 »

removed - Jennylives
Grizzly550
Fledgling

Post by Grizzly550 »

Can someone please show me a story about a child falling on a used needle while playing in Vernon? According to several of you, these needles all over the place. Pictures and proof please, as I have never seen a needle on the streets of Vernon. I cut through the Wholesaleclub parking lot and walk in front of the People Place on a regular basis. Seems those might be good spots to see needles, but no signs of any drug paraphenalia..

And before packing up the homeless to ship off to someone elses backyard, we should consider how many times we have seen homeless people urinating or vomiting on bushes compared to how many times we have seen boys in trucks urinating or vomiting in bushes. I'm sure the numbers don't exactly come out in favour of our upstanding young men. But hey, blame the homeless - it's easier.
ticat900
Board Meister

Post by ticat900 »

removed - Jennylives
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

removed - Jennylives
Calling yourself a libertarian today is a lot like wearing a mullet back in the nineteen eighties.
When I feed the poor, they call me a saint, but when I ask why the poor are hungry, they call me a communist. Bishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
james-d
Banned

Post by james-d »

Here it is folks, The way to live in the Okanagan from the border to Salmon Arm.There are three ways. You are independently wealthy, you settle for what you can get so you can stay here, Or you get yourself a six foot mirror and watch your *bleep* starve to death,. Period. That's the way it is but then I have only lived here for 45 years. This is one of the best places to live, in Canada.
If you don't believe me, Spend 1 year in Sask.Yes it does cost more to live here, DUH It is a holiday destination spot. As far as camping, if you want to go to the campgrounds where you are squezzed in like sardines then you will pay for it, As they have a short window, to make money. We are of retirement age and We don't know anyone who camps as much as we do, but we prefer to go to out of the way places , You are much more likely to get robbed and have things stolen in the large campsites then out in the wilderness.Even leaving after work on a friday, there are places not to far away that are real nice, may not have the big lakes, but there is more beauty then just lakes in these mountains.If you are interested in some of these spots contact me. We do like to share with folks.
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

ticat900 wrote:VERNON = greatest city in canada bar none. and one of the best places to raise a family.

Well according to a recent poll, you are incorrect. This was posted on "The Okanagans Very Own CHBC" website so I show no bias.

http://www.chbcnews.ca/Pages/Story.aspx?id=6442606075
redneck70

Post by redneck70 »

I live in Regina, have been here for about 15 years and the poll you posted a link for from MoneySence is considered by most people who live here as a total joke. I mean Regina #5, you have to be kidding me :dyinglaughing: . Obviously not a poll done by anyone who has tried to by a house here, $500,000-$800,000 if you want to live in an area where you can feel safe to walk at night. And lets not forget about the current Mayor who is leaving the mayors office before all of his billion dollar ideas tank out.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Well, it was standing room only at The Longhorn last night for their live band "country western" night.

:hailjo:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Central Okanagan”