Death in Armstrong

gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Death in Armstrong

Post by gardengirl »

There's no accounting for taste.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

Marsh69 wrote:If she can hang around with human trash like the one who assaulted the camera man, it really shows her true colours

As did the male and his lovely purple underwear! Pull your pants up *bleep*! You ain't gansta.
Calling yourself a libertarian today is a lot like wearing a mullet back in the nineteen eighties.
When I feed the poor, they call me a saint, but when I ask why the poor are hungry, they call me a communist. Bishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Corneliousrooster »

gardengirl wrote:From how I read it, it would appear that Stephen Foerster has a son. Scary. Poor kid.

Yes, the son is Mathew foerster ...... the accused killer......."poor kid"???
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

They're from Cherryville.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Is murder not first degree if it is done during the course of a sexual assault?
Runs_With_Scissors

Post by Runs_With_Scissors »

Treblehook wrote:Is murder not first degree if it is done during the course of a sexual assault?

Yes. The public was never given the results of Taylor's autopsy and, of course, the RCMP remained tight-lipped about exactly what happened to her that night. I've followed this case very, VERY closely and have never heard any mention of sexual assault where Taylor is concerned. Are you confusing the offences he is being charged with perhaps??
“The confidence of ignorance will always overcome the indecision of knowledge"
Runs_With_Scissors

Post by Runs_With_Scissors »

james-d wrote:Sad Sad Sad. Watch what happens here. Willing to bet anything if this young man is convicted he will be out in less then 10 years and half of that will for for time served before the lawyers get through draggin it out for 2 to 3 years. I feel so sorry for the young ladie's family.

I wish I didn't agree with your prediction James but I do. The fact that Matthew Foerster has NO criminal record is, all by itself, a very big *bleep*?? The fact that it's been stated that the father Stephen "is known to police" but also has no criminal record adds to the question. Residents who have been asked to discuss Foerster, appear VERY uncomfortable as they answer that "Cherryville is a very small community and everyone knows everyone". This leads me to question whether people are scared of local "repercussions" if they speak? In brief, Matthew has done some brutal stuff and never been charged. Stephen has done enough stuff to call himself to the attention of the police but also has never been charged. People seem frightened of discussing the Foersters or the homicide, assaults, etc. The way they look away when they're questioned and the consistency of their answers seems to hint at some kind of threat within the community. Call it a hunch but I think something might be very wrong in that town.

Unfortunately, that lack of criminal record will, in my humble opinion, form part of the court's considerations IF he is convicted when sentencing is happening. People too frightened to come forward with what they know about this pair already also creates a lack of witnesses which could dilute the evidence.

And finally, it's no secret that the judicial system in this province is in what can only be called "a horrible mess" with overflowing prisons, understaffing in corrections, backed-up court dockets and heavy caseloads. Not long ago, a case was dismissed for want of prosecution meaning that the court was obliged to stay the charges because the case did not proceed in a reasonable period of time (and I think there have been a few more but I'm not sure.) Some of the recent judicial decisions we all shake our heads over are obviously signs of the courts' dismal attempts to circumvent these conditions.

This is one time, I pray to God that I am really seriously wrong in my interpretation of the facts but this whole case is so tragic, it's easy to get diffused. My own heart became painful as I watched Taylor's Mom and twin sister, Kirstie trying so hard to be strong at the press conference. Their pain is almost palpable.

For once, please God, make actual justice prevail.
“The confidence of ignorance will always overcome the indecision of knowledge"
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Corneliousrooster wrote:
Yes, the son is Mathew foerster ...... the accused killer......."poor kid"???

No, I meant that it sounded like Matthew Foerster, the accused, had a son. I misspoke.
The article was somewhat unclear.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Marsh69

Post by Marsh69 »

Yes. The public was never given the results of Taylor's autopsy and, of course, the RCMP remained tight-lipped about exactly what happened to her that night. I've followed this case very, VERY closely and have never heard any mention of sexual assault where Taylor is concerned. Are you confusing the offences he is being charged with perhaps??[/quote]

We'll probably hear a lot more soon.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

I don't think I am confusing the offences charged elsewhere with the events involving Taylor. The police identifed the assailant in Armstrong as being the same person who committed a sexual assault in Kelowna .. by means of DNA analysis. That would indicate that they found DNA samples at the murder scene. Although DNA is not exclusively retrieved from seminal fluid, it quite frequently the case in this kind of crime. That is why I was surmising that this attack on this young woman was of a sexual nature. I recognize the DNA could have originated from the suspect's blood, saliva, hair or otherwise.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Treblehook wrote:That would indicate that they found DNA samples at the murder scene. Although DNA is not exclusively retrieved from seminal fluid, it quite frequently the case in this kind of crime.

Just because they found DNA, doesn't mean they found his seminal fluid at crime scene.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

[/quote]
Just because they found DNA, doesn't mean they found his seminal fluid at crime scene.[/quote]

Did you read my post? I pretty much stated recognition of that fact didn't I? At least one of this creep's previous attacks was sexual [Kelowna]. Statistically, it is a pretty safe assumption that an attack on a young woman such as occurred in Armstrong would have been sexually motivated; therefore, my having surmised that this may have been a sexual motivated attack shouldn't be too far off the mark should it. I guess it is possible that he just hates pretty young women and has no sexual intent whatsoever!! Right.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Whoops.
Last edited by Captain Awesome on Apr 13th, 2012, 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
MattJ
Fledgling

Post by MattJ »

My prediction for the outcome (I hope I'm wrong) separate trials for the charges

Plead guilty to manslaughter (I didn't MEAN to kill her, just subdue her, it was an accident your honour)
due to no criminal record, time served, plus 5 years probation (no alcohol, curfew, no weapons or drugs)

second; charged on the home invasion; time served concurrently with the manslaughter charge, probation
third; assault in Kelowna guilty plea to assault, probation, maybe counseling for anger management or some crap.
Marsh69

Post by Marsh69 »

MattJ wrote:My prediction for the outcome (I hope I'm wrong) separate trials for the charges

Plead guilty to manslaughter (I didn't MEAN to kill her, just subdue her, it was an accident your honour)
due to no criminal record, time served, plus 5 years probation (no alcohol, curfew, no weapons or drugs)

second; charged on the home invasion; time served concurrently with the manslaughter charge, probation
third; assault in Kelowna guilty plea to assault, probation, maybe counseling for anger management or some crap.

A high profile case like this one isn't going to bring about a soft sentence - we are dealing with a repeat sex offender - Matt Foerster is a very sick, twisted, perverted man. I think the crown is going to look at him as a serial rapist, possibly someone that was a serial killer in the making. I think there is a good to excellent chance that the second degree murder charge will stay - and Matt will get life.

Return to “Central Okanagan”