Death in Armstrong

Phoenix Within
Guru

Re: Death in Armstrong

Post by Phoenix Within »

the truth wrote:there is a reason why these sumbags call it club fed-aka -club med-aka jail i have friends who work in jails in bc and most cons think are jails in bc are a joke-clud fed, guys doing time on the east coast transfer to bc jails because of this
i am sure 1 day in a russian jail is all most of are guys here could handle.

Hate to say it, but there's truth in this, not just in BC. I had a friend in AB do a couple of weeks in AB in a minimum/medium security place over a BS weapons charge (.22 stolen out of the back of his vehicle and used for vandalism, he got charged with careless storage). Besides for the strict lockdown at nights, he said it was the easiest two weeks of his life.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Treblehook wrote:"i will ask you the same question,what make you the expert
i for one have friends-as in staff that work in some of the jails in bc and back east -what about you".

I was responding to your post that seemed to be lecturing others as to the realities in Canadian prisons. I hope the tone of my earlier comments was not such that it suggested I considered myself an expert on prison life. Such is not the case; however I think it is common knowledge that our prisons are full of male prisoners, and that quite a few of them are violent people who are [for the most part] unafraid of most people. I would think this is not the kind of place in which most cowardly, lowlife, scumbag, losers like this Foerster character would be comfortable!!

trust me on this one, foerster will be just fine in jail-sad but true
Last edited by the truth on Apr 8th, 2012, 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Hate to say it, but there's truth in this, not just in BC. I had a friend in AB do a couple of weeks in AB in a minimum/medium security place over a BS weapons charge (.22 stolen out of the back of his vehicle and used for vandalism, he got charged with careless storage). Besides for the strict lockdown at nights, he said it was the easiest two weeks of his life.[/quote]

the funny thing is that guys that have done time in bc first then go on to do time in alberta-call it hard time lol
what does that tell you about bc jails if your frieds said it was the 2 easiest weeks of his life,
doing time in canadian jails is absolutely no punishment at all ,there is a reason why so many of the guys out there reofend over and over again imho and that reason is canadian jails are soft one big joke
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
CorkSoaker
Board Meister

Post by CorkSoaker »

the truth wrote:Hate to say it, but there's truth in this, not just in BC. I had a friend in AB do a couple of weeks in AB in a minimum/medium security place over a BS weapons charge (.22 stolen out of the back of his vehicle and used for vandalism, he got charged with careless storage). Besides for the strict lockdown at nights, he said it was the easiest two weeks of his life.

the funny thing is that guys that have done time in bc first then go on to do time in alberta-call it hard time lol
what does that tell you about bc jails if your frieds said it was the 2 easiest weeks of his life,
doing time in canadian jails is absolutely no punishment at all ,there is a reason why so many of the guys out there reofend over and over again imho and that reason is canadian jails are soft one big joke[/quote]

I highly doubt anyone would consider doing 2 weeks in jail as hard time. Compare that to years in prison and I'm sure your buddy would be whistling a different tune.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.

It is often said that truth is the first casualty of any war
CorkSoaker
Board Meister

Post by CorkSoaker »

the truth wrote:No one who's spent time in prison ever describes it that way. Just because they're not being tortured on the rack every day doesn't mean they're living the good life.

there is a reason why these sumbags call it club fed-aka -club med-aka jail i have friends who work in jails in bc and most
cons think are jails in bc are a joke-clud fed, guys doing time on the east coast transfer to bc jails because of this
i am sure 1 day in a russian jail is all most of are guys here could handle.[/quote]

In what sort of facilities do your friends work in? Provincial or Federal institutions?
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.

10Sne1
Übergod

Post by 10Sne1 »

ANY time spent in Alberta is "HARD-TIME". You ever been there?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

there is a reason why these sumbags call it club fed-aka -club med-aka jail i have friends who work in jails in bc and most
cons think are jails in bc are a joke-clud fed, guys doing time on the east coast transfer to bc jails because of this
i am sure 1 day in a russian jail is all most of are guys here could handle.[/quote]

In what sort of facilities do your friends work in? Provincial or Federal institutions?[/quote]

both
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

10Sne1 wrote:ANY time spent in Alberta is "HARD-TIME". You ever been there?

no have you
at the end of the day compared to others jails around the world ,are jails are a joke
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

the truth wrote:no have you

I think he was being sarcastic, referring to living in AB in general, not just the prison system.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

I think he was being sarcastic, referring to living in AB in general, not just the prison system.[/quote]

lol, yes i think so too
i have lived in edmonton hated it,
i have lived in calgary loved it
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Just think... had Foerster mistakenly selected and murdered the daughter of a Hell's Angel. The end result would be proper justice for Foerster and a public relations coup for the HA. No worry about the jerk doing easy time in a Canadian prison,
CorkSoaker
Board Meister

Post by CorkSoaker »

the truth wrote:there is a reason why these sumbags call it club fed-aka -club med-aka jail i have friends who work in jails in bc and most
i am sure 1 day in a russian jail is all most of are guys here could handle.

In what sort of facilities do your friends work in? Provincial or Federal institutions?[/quote]

both[/quote]

The one that your friends work in back easy a federal institution and the friends that work out west, do they work in provincial institutions?

Marsh69

Post by Marsh69 »

Matthew had no idea when to quit. He creeped out a woman in Collingwood, Ontario. Shows he obviously was a sexual deviate.

http://www.kelownadailycourier.ca/front ... iller.html
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Corneliousrooster wrote:They got rid of that

3. Subsection 719(3) of the [Criminal Code] is replaced by the following:

(3) In determining the sentence to be imposed on a person convicted of an offence, a court may take into account any time spent in custody by the person as a result of the offence but the court shall limit any credit for that time to a maximum of one day for each day spent in custody.

http://www.slaw.ca/2010/02/24/changed-t ... -in-force/

Thank you Harper Government. I never get tired of saying that.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Sounds like his mom is a gem too. She assaulted a cameraman at the courthouse today.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

Return to “Central Okanagan”