Missing Kitty

imahoser
Fledgling

Missing Kitty

Post by imahoser »

Hey all
My beautiful female chocolate point siamese didnt come home last night. Cream and chocolate in colour, chocolate face and tail with blue eyes. Lost in the okanagan landing area. If you've seen her, or know where she is please contact me?

Thanks!
:sleepdeprived:
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Missing Kitty

Post by gardengirl »

Sorry to hear that. I hope you find her.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Awwee good luck. Sounds like a cutie. Hopefully someone doesnt keep her from you
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

Maybe there is some info in here that will help you find your kitty.
Hope she is home soon.
http://classifieds.castanet.net/showpro ... 44/cat/103
superbee
Fledgling

Post by superbee »

You might want to contact Hazel T. at 250-542-1607. Hazel has a wonderful cat rescue in Vernon, and many lost pets are taken to her, even by the RCMP. People also phone her when they find a cat, or see one they think may be lost.

Does the Vernon paper still have free lost ads? I'd run one, free or not, for a couple of issues at least.

Don't forget to plaster where she was lost with lots of posters, with her photo. If you are near a school, I would ask the principal if you could put up a poster for the kids and parents to see. Lots of eyes watching for you that way.

Good luck. I pray Miss Kitty comes home safe and sound very soon.
imahoser
Fledgling

Post by imahoser »

Thank you for the tips and your thoughts, eyes and ears guys.
I adopted this beautiful cat from Hazel actually.. and I want to call her, but I know she was very close to this particular darling and was in tears when we left with her. I talked to someone else that is associated with the same place as hazel, so if she shows up there, I will know either way. I've done everything except put up posters and go door to door so far. My damn printer is out of ink.. (the 3rd one I own now). I have hubby bringing a copy from his work printer at the end of the day.

Thanks! Its my only birthday wish today.
superbee
Fledgling

Post by superbee »

Does Kitty go outside, or did she escape? Either way, I would put up lots of posters and tell your neighbours and folks all around so many eyes are watching for her. There are lots of kind people and cat lovers in Vernon, and being so pretty I'm sure someone would feed her and/or take her in.

Do you have a porch, veranda, or safe place near the door the cat went out, where you can place a box containing a shirt or bedding that smells like home, and some food and water? So when she does come back, she has a safe place to wait for you, and some nourishment. Like Hazel has for Maxx on her porch. A big box with a doorway in it, and some bedding. Have you had her very long? I wonder if she is trying to make her way back up the hill to Hazel?
superbee
Fledgling

Post by superbee »

And Happy Birthday, from one Sagittarius to another!
imahoser
Fledgling

Post by imahoser »

She is mostly an indoor cat, but we let her out when she wants to... not too often, and she always stayed close to the house. We've had her for a few months so I think she was pretty accustomed to us by now and her and our dog are good buddies. I do have food and her litter box out, and a comfy chair which she liked to sleep on. We miss her!!
superbee
Fledgling

Post by superbee »

Kitty must be attached to you folks and your home now, and you have lots of things outside that smell like home. So we'll think positive, keep our fingers and toes crossed, and keep you all in our prayers. Don't forget to put up lots of posters and get the word out, she may have followed someone home, or if she is friendly, someone, especially kids, may have picked her up and taken her to their home. Those have happened to friends in Vernon. Merry Christmas, and God Bless you and Kitty.
imahoser
Fledgling

Post by imahoser »

Thanks Superbee
Still not a peep from anyone...
This is totally far out, but there is an ad in the paper for someone looking for a female siamese to purchase. I wonder if some crackhead stole her to sell. Wouldn't be the first time Im sure.
superbee
Fledgling

Post by superbee »

Still praying for you and Kitty. I'm sure too the local crackheads take any opportunity to make a fast buck for a fix. That's sure not the Vernon I knew growing up. Maybe you will have to contact the person wanting a Siamese, and ask them to let you know if they get contacted? Also, maybe you will have to run some ads in the paper, and offer a reward? I get the Vernon paper, and alot of the missing cat ads offer a reward. I'm so sorry my hometown is so terrible now. 40 years ago you would be getting calls from people seeing your cat, and somebody would have brought Kitty right home to you. Maybe it will take you offering a reward, as crappy as that is? Good Luck, hoping and praying.
imahoser
Fledgling

Post by imahoser »

There is an ad coming sunday sponsored by the lovely margaret at the VACS. Reward is offered. I am going to call the person looking for a siamese in the morning and maybe Ill even put up my own ad wanting to purchase one. A bit of a trap. Of course its also likely that a coyote got her, but I won't rest until I've done my best to get her back.
imahoser
Fledgling

Post by imahoser »

And thank you so much superbee :)
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

imahoser,
Check your pm's.
I'm wondering how old your cat is.