VJH is in the news again, and it's not good

Verminator
Board Meister

Re: VJH is in the news again, and it's not good

Post by Verminator »

dogspoiler wrote:Better than a code Brown. :dyinglaughing:

I've handled some pretty nasy Code Browns too. You can actually still see the evidence preserved in unsealed concrete of one that happened in the fire-escape stairwell about 20 years ago. No *bleep*.... :dyinglaughing:
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Cripes you guys ...

What's Code Brown?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Verminator
Board Meister

Post by Verminator »

grammafreddy wrote:Cripes you guys ...

What's Code Brown?

Obviously you've never been in nursing. Let's put it this way - Code Brown is a tongue-in-cheek way that nurses describe an uncontrolled eruption of fecal matter. Get it now? :dyinglaughing: :bump:
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Be very careful when you read any of the news releases on VJH. Interior Health will state that there are X number of patients "in the new tower of VJH". They won't add in the number that they are warehousing in the old hospital. They typically have about 24 patients over in the old hospital building, but Interior Health won't include them in the number. So they get away with keeping the new tower just under capacity.

To make matters worse, they steal nursing and other staff from the new tower to go over and work in that part of the old hospital that they've kept running. They might fund 153 beds, and claim that that's how many are in the hospital, but they conveniently ignore the patients in the old hospital. And they don't fund those beds.

It's doublespeak designed to help the province look not so bad.
superbee
Fledgling

Post by superbee »

Who funds the patients in the old part of the hospital? Aren't patients supposed to be there?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Verminator wrote:
grammafreddy wrote:Cripes you guys ...

What's Code Brown?

Obviously you've never been in nursing. Let's put it this way - Code Brown is a tongue-in-cheek way that nurses describe an uncontrolled eruption of fecal matter. Get it now? :dyinglaughing: :bump:

Yes, thank you.

No, I have never been in nursing. Thank yer lucky stars for that.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

Code Brown: It is actually the code to call for a toxic/unknown substance spill.
Also nursing slang for poop.
Other codes:
Code White: Violent /aggressive person
Code Blue: Cardiac Arrest
Code Pink: Pediatric emergency
Code Orange: Mass Casualties (bus crash, nadisasterisater, industrial accident etc)
Code Red: Fire
Code Green: Evacuate
Code Yellow: Missing Person
CoMissingr: MIssing Child
Code Black: Bomb Threat
CodVentilation/Ventolation system malfunctionmaintenancea maintenace code)
Calling yourself a libertarian today is a lot like wearing a mullet back in the nineteen eighties.
When I feed the poor, they call me a saint, but when I ask why the poor are hungry, they call me a communist. Bishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Fritzthecat wrote:CoMissingr: MIssing Child

That used to be Code Yellow Stat. Now it's Code Amber
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

Phoenix Within wrote:
Fritzthecat wrote:CoMissingr: MIssing Child

That used to be Code Yellow Stat. Now it's Code Amber

Sorry my spell check is buggered up.
Calling yourself a libertarian today is a lot like wearing a mullet back in the nineteen eighties.
When I feed the poor, they call me a saint, but when I ask why the poor are hungry, they call me a communist. Bishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Of course there's no Code Purple since they NEVER use that! ;)
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

Phoenix Within wrote:Of course there's no Code Purple since they NEVER use that! ;)

No VJH has a new tower that I heard, was completed on time by former mayor Wayne Lippert.
Despite the fact they've actually had a net loss of beds with the new tower, that the old 2 North wing sits empty we could never ever have a Code Purple.

As a side note, it was downright nauseating to see Lippert prancing through VJH, smiling like an idiot with the MLA and others (all smiling like idiots) while tried tolook after acutley ill people in the hallways. Lippert, the old grease moneky shyster mechanic from Ontario.
toughnut
Board Meister

Post by toughnut »

Fritzthecat wrote:
Phoenix Within wrote:Of course there's no Code Purple since they NEVER use that! ;)

No VJH has a new tower that I heard, was completed on time by former mayor Wayne Lippert.
Despite the fact they've actually had a net loss of beds with the new tower, that the old 2 North wing sits empty we could never ever have a Code Purple.

As a side note, it was downright nauseating to see Lippert prancing through VJH, smiling like an idiot with the MLA and others (all smiling like idiots) while tried tolook after acutley ill people in the hallways. Lippert, the old grease moneky shyster mechanic from Ontario.

One way to help eleviate this problem that you seem to be having is maybe suggest to all your co workers to start doing their jobs .EVERY time i go visit people in the Hospital there is NO ONE working.The rooms and bathrooms are dirty
I sure as ell in all my years have never seen one person bust their butt working in the hospital here at all NEVER
The major has no controll over nothing.ALL hospital workers should maybe try stepping up to the plate for once and all and actually do the jobs their being paid fair money to do.I beleive thats at least 1/2 the problem these days
Alvis
Board Meister

Post by Alvis »

toughnut wrote:
Fritzthecat wrote:

One way to help eleviate this problem that you seem to be having is maybe suggest to all your co workers to start doing their jobs .EVERY time i go visit people in the Hospital there is NO ONE working.The rooms and bathrooms are dirty
I sure as ell in all my years have never seen one person bust their butt working in the hospital here at all NEVER
The major has no controll over nothing.ALL hospital workers should maybe try stepping up to the plate for once and all and actually do the jobs their being paid fair money to do.I beleive thats at least 1/2 the problem these days

Nobody is working becasue the BCLIberals have layd them all off. :127:
Man can now fly in the air like a bird, swim under the ocean like a fish, he can burrow into the ground like a mole. Now if only he could walk the earth like a man, this would be paradise.
Tommy Douglas
Amarow121
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Amarow121 »

toughnut wrote:
Fritzthecat wrote:

Which hospital are you going to?
SLGH, KGH, PRH, SOGH, I frequent all those hospitals and I have never encountered dirty washrooms.... either the patient washrooms or the public washrooms.
Half the time after dropping a patient off I have to move out of the way while making up our cot so that the cleaning staff can clean the floors and sanitize. I always seem to see someone cleaning in some capacity.

Return to “Central Okanagan”