Anderson Way Traffic Light Timing Change... Finally!

Verminator
Board Meister

Re: Anderson Way Traffic Light Timing Change ... Finally!

Post by Verminator »

^^ I agree 100%. There should be 2 east-bound lanes on Anderson Way, one for through traffic across 27th and another for right turns on 27th. It would've been so easy to do before the commercial development on that corner started, now it's probably too late. That one intersection speaks volumes to me about the lack of meaningful planning in this town.
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

ticat900 wrote:I doubt its a accountant that sets the traffic timers on 27 street.why do u say that.

I know its not an accountant, it was sacrasm. But given the reasoning and excuses Victoria gives for making such ridiculous traffic decisions one would think they clearly have no experience or education in the field of traffic control. Take the elimination of the merging lane coming out of Armstrong on to the new higway, Victoria's excuse? "There' not enough traffic to warrant one and the drivers on the highway will move over to the left lane." Say what?

ticat900 wrote:Also to remember 27 street is actually the part of Hy97 N.

Which is why I said its time for Victoria to butt out and leave traffic control up to the individual cities regardless if its a Provincial highway.
ticat900 wrote:The biggest problem I see there is the poor highway design involving the rail tracks.its too short of a distance and it only takes 3-4 vehicles going straight to block the huge amount of traffic that wants to turn right.

Lets see, it took me 5 light cycles to get through yesterday and not one car turned right, its not a poorly designed intersection, its a poorly timed light cycle ... its a high volume intersection connecting Vernon's main shopping area and it stays green for about 45 seconds ... that is the problem!
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Verminator wrote:^^ I agree 100%. There should be 2 east-bound lanes on Anderson Way, one for through traffic across 27th and another for right turns on 27th. It would've been so easy to do before the commercial development on that corner started, now it's probably too late. That one intersection speaks volumes to me about the lack of meaningful planning in this town.

Since its part of the Provincial highway, you can thank Victoria for the lack of meanginful planning in this town ;) . Same goes for the disasterous exit/entrance to Polson Place mall ... not only did it have to go through the City of Vernon, but also Victoria.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Dizzy1 wrote: ... its a high volume intersection connecting Vernon's main shopping area and it stays green for about 45 seconds ... that is the problem!

Just noticed a typo on my part, meant to say 15 seconds, not 45 ... sorry :)
ticat900
Board Meister

Post by ticat900 »

Just noticed a typo on my part, meant to say 15 seconds, not 45 ... sorry :)[/quote]

must be something wrong then as I have been through that intersection many times but not in the last 4 months and yes its a shorter lite but a more like 60 seconds.Maybe report it? to dept of highways?
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

dg3 wrote:27th street is no longer a highway, and should be closed to large trucks,

Pfffffft!!!!!!!! :dyinglaughing:

Ya Right! :sillygrin:

Maybe you should drive around the world yourself to get the goods you want/need
instead of a trucker bringing them to your town.

People????????????
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
ticat900
Board Meister

Re: Anderson Way Traffic Light Timing Change... Finally!

Post by ticat900 »

dg3 wrote:27th street is no longer a highway, and should be closed to large trucks,

DG3?? give your head a shake will you.Thats is such a redicuous statement
dg3
Board Meister

Re: Anderson Way Traffic Light Timing Change... Finally!

Post by dg3 »

why should vernon pay for road repairs from damage caused buy trucks shipping products that are not destined for vernon?
highway6 goes past polson park to 97, u think having loaded logging trucks going thru to school zones is good idea?
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

ticat900 wrote:must be something wrong then as I have been through that intersection many times but not in the last 4 months and yes its a shorter lite but a more like 60 seconds.Maybe report it? to dept of highways?

The timing was great over the last couple of months, but now its back to what it was before they changed it back in December. The funny thing is that the light stays green longer during off-peak times when there is a lower volume of traffic ... go figure :spinball:

MOT is responsible for the light timing as well as all the lights on 27th Street and 32nd Street, they've been informed several times of the problem over the last few years and have been informed yet again since the timing has been changed (again) by many people and various city agencies ... their reply has simply been that the number of vehicles using the intersection does not neccsitate a change in the timing as it is adequete according to their studies ... bravo Victoria, bravo, once again you have shown that you are all a bunch of complete morons :hailjo:
ticat900
Board Meister

Post by ticat900 »

The timing was great over the last couple of months, but now its back to what it was before they changed it back in December. The funny thing is that the light stays green longer during off-peak times when there is a lower volume of traffic ... go figure :spinball:

MOT is responsible for the light timing as well as all the lights on 27th Street and 32nd Street, they've been informed several times of the problem over the last few years and have been informed yet again since the timing has been changed (again) by many people and various city agencies ... their reply has simply been that the number of vehicles using the intersection does not neccsitate a change in the timing as it is adequete according to their studies ... bravo Victoria, bravo, once again you have shown that you are all a bunch of complete morons :hailjo:[/quote]

you wont get much argument from many people regarding your closing statement
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

ticat900 wrote:you wont get much argument from many people regarding your closing statement

Oh good, we can agree on somehting LOL :)

Return to “Central Okanagan”