When the Gestapo comes knocking....

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: When the Gestapo comes knocking....

Post by grammafreddy »

Dunno but I once bought a house in July and moved in Oct 31.

Maybe they hadn't moved yet into the new house and that part happened at their old house then got moved with the furniture???

Just guessing ...
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

imahoser wrote:Sorry, I can't get this off my mind and have to ask.

If you just moved into the home in November, how do you stick a bag of weed in a drawer in June?

Yes, I have to agree with imahoser ... something smells "vegatative" with "moved in in November but stuck the bag in the drawer in June" statemnent, perhaps the OP needs to clarify what happened in the 5 months in-between?!
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

The OP doesn't need to clarify anything to us.

If she/he was smart she wouldn't post anything more about it here, either. Not if she has a lawyer.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

violatedinvernon

Post by violatedinvernon »

So, we asked the neighbours about the former owners last night...found out that they used to have pot plants on the back deck in plain view of the neighbours..surprised they didn't call the police, but maybe they were afraid of the guy...he did do a home invasion after all...
toughnut
Board Meister

Post by toughnut »

*you've already asked this question several times, don't keep hounding on it/Jo*
violatedinvernon

Post by violatedinvernon »

There was NO grow op equipment here!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Ther will always be some people who won't believe your story. I wouldn't get too upset, you know what the true story is.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
toughnut
Board Meister

Re: When the gestapo comes knocking....

Post by toughnut »

grammafreddy wrote:I did. It says the same thing it said earlier.

What's yer point?

the point is either this is the grow op found at the house or Kiss is putting in a phoney picture to over embelish the situation
which is not very bright on their part and hurtfull to the owners of the house which is very unfair unless this is the actuall picture
imahoser
Fledgling

Post by imahoser »

I believe the story.. but I see questionable gaps in it, that people who might want to convict you, will be asking too.

Like I said before, good luck and I hope you nail some ----- to the wall, if you're story is accurate.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

imahoser wrote:I believe the story.. but I see questionable gaps in it, that people who might want to convict you, will be asking too. Like I said before, good luck and I hope you nail some ----- to the wall, if you're story is accurate.

I'm with Hoser on this one! 100%.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: When the gestapo comes knocking....

Post by grammafreddy »

toughnut wrote:
grammafreddy wrote:I did. It says the same thing it said earlier.

What's yer point?

the point is either this is the grow op found at the house or Kiss is putting in a phoney picture to over embelish the situation
which is not very bright on their part and hurtfull to the owners of the house which is very unfair unless this is the actuall picture

The picture is a "file photo" which means it is from their files and NOT a picture at this location involving these people. It is a whole different situation and yes, it is very unfair to these people and totally misrepresents the situation. They cover their tush by saying it is a "file photo". Media does it like that all the time.

Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

If all that was found was one small bag of marijuana, I have to question whether the cost of all the police time on this case (both during and after the raid), plus the cost of prosecuting this through the courts, is a good way to spend our taxpayer dollars.

It seems to me, with all the violent crime and property crime going on these days, that police time could be spent on more important stuff than this particular case appears to merit, even if the people in the story did have a small amount of pot in their possession.

It's all a matter of priorites folks, and this particular crime is very low on my priority list. I'm tired of the police wasting my tax payer dollars on crap like this, while the really dangerous criminals, those who pose a threat to my life and liberty, are allowed to run amok virtually unchallenged. I suspect that often, for the police, it's a case of going after the "easy" to catch criminal, rather than the one whose capture might be a dangerous task.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
toughnut
Board Meister

Post by toughnut »

I have followed this subject from the beginning.I have read the statement set forth here by the women involved etc
At first I thought this is a nitemare for this poor family and then after reading other posts and this perso,sn failure to come back on here and explain a few things etc I think this is more as to what happened.
This house was previously owned by a known crimminal/drug dealer and that is why the cops came the first time
The Cops Came back because(my opinion and I have no proof) because the couple had been smoking dope
and when the cop came to the door he could smell it
The Cop was agitated with the new home owners(what she said herself) so he went and got a warrent to search the premises
They discovered a small bag of dope and what to them they also considered possible grow op equipment(we have no way of knowing)
Was this police abuse and over aggretion?? In my opinion"yes" its a terrible waste of police funds and time
To the agitated cop he thinks he,s doing a mavrelous job
It will be interesting to find out what happens when they go to court on this
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

Merry wrote:If all that was found was one small bag of marijuana, I have to question whether the cost of all the police time on this case (both during and after the raid), plus the cost of prosecuting this through the courts, is a good way to spend our taxpayer dollars.

It seems to me, with all the violent crime and property crime going on these days, that police time could be spent on more important stuff than this particular case appears to merit, even if the people in the story did have a small amount of pot in their possession.

It's all a matter of priorites folks, and this particular crime is very low on my priority list. I'm tired of the police wasting my tax payer dollars on crap like this, while the really dangerous criminals, those who pose a threat to my life and liberty, are allowed to run amok virtually unchallenged. I suspect that often, for the police, it's a case of going after the "easy" to catch criminal, rather than the one whose capture might be a dangerous task.

Which "dangersous criminals" do you refer to? The ones who are running around robbing gas stations, banks and snatching little old ladies purses or breaking into your cars at night to feed their crack addiction? or maybe the crack dealers on the street or in the crack houses? Don't forget, crack doesn't grow on trees in the Okanagan Valley. It comes from South America via the US. The only way that crack [cocaine] is brought into Canada is in exchange for money or marijuana. Marijuana comes from grow operations. So without getting into a war on drugs debate, the police are working on something that poses a risk to your life and liberty. When there are grounds to search a house for a grow op the police don't know whether they've got the mother-load or zilch until they are in the door. And when a bag of MJ is found in the house their suspicions are confirmed and the warrant is good.

Although it sounds like the OP did run into one over-zealous cop, in the end his suspicions are, as far as the courts who approved the warrant are concerned, confirmed. Should have flushed that baggie months ago. Don't forget, where there's smoke there's fire. If there are parts of the OP's story that don't add up, in my experience that's because there is a reason, and a lot more to the story.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

KL3-Something wrote:Which "dangersous criminals" do you refer to? The ones who are running around robbing gas stations, banks and snatching little old ladies purses or breaking into your cars at night to feed their crack addiction? or maybe the crack dealers on the street or in the crack houses? Don't forget, crack doesn't grow on trees in the Okanagan Valley. It comes from South America via the US. The only way that crack [cocaine] is brought into Canada is in exchange for money or marijuana. Marijuana comes from grow operations. So without getting into a war on drugs debate, the police are working on something that poses a risk to your life and liberty.

If pot and money were how these dangerous crackheads bought crack and the grow-ops were gone, then according to this theory, we would have to eliminate cash to get rid of the problem. It seems there are much better solutions than that.
They say you can't believe everything they say.

Return to “Central Okanagan”