Obama rejects pipeline. Harper is dissapointed.

imahoser
Fledgling

Obama rejects pipeline. Harper is dissapointed.

Post by imahoser »

I for one would like to trade lego man for Obama.
ticat900
Board Meister

Re: Obama rejects pipeline. Harper is dissapointed.

Post by ticat900 »

heres the deal: Obama is an idiot and Harper is close behind.Thie pipeleine will cause much employment and industry for canadians its unthinkable not to have the pipeline.
imahoser
Fledgling

Post by imahoser »

Thats it? I was expecting much more debating on this topic.

Jobs = good. dead end jobs, a dirty world = not so good. Where is the electric car already??
dg3
Board Meister

Post by dg3 »

refine the oil in canada first, then pipe the products to evil empire.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Obama is a leftist moron. Bows to environmentalists and chooses dirty Middle East oil instead of friendly oil from Canada.

Maybe Obama gets along better with Jihadists than Canadians.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Trans Canada pipeline will re-route their line so that it doesn't go through Nebraska and their aquifer that supplies so many farms with water. After the American election, the line will be approved. By rejecting it now, Obama can count on getting the American environmentalist vote and by promising to re-route it, he will still get the Steelworkers on his side.

The pipelines WILL be built. There is so much money to be made from this oil. When the US bombs Iran back into the stone age and destroys their nuclear threat (along with their oil fields), the world price will skyrocket, just like when GW Bush took over Iraq. And the pipeline to Kitimat will also be built. Cheap Alberta oil (Alberta just gives it away to the big corporations...... Alberta's prov. gov. is running a $3.5 BILLION deficit again this year despite all the oil and gas flowing out of the ground.) will be worth a fortune. Iran is currently a major supplier to China, and that will need to be filled once the US takes out Iran. The pipelines will be built. There's big money to be made when the world price jumps.
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

bob vernon wrote:Trans Canada pipeline will re-route their line so that it doesn't go through Nebraska and their aquifer that supplies so many farms with water. After the American election, the line will be approved. By rejecting it now, Obama can count on getting the American environmentalist vote and by promising to re-route it, he will still get the Steelworkers on his side.

You nailed it . That rejection is just part of the usual political sideshow .
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife

Return to “Central Okanagan”