The Swan Whisperer -- Feel Good Story

coffeeFreak
Guru

The Swan Whisperer -- Feel Good Story

Post by coffeeFreak »

Nice story. (There is also a short video clip with the write-up)

They call her Duchess, she's graced Vernon's Polson Park for almost 25 years - Duchess is a swan.

On Monday, February 20 someone noticed the monarch of the park was injured. She was found by the edge of Highway 97 bleeding and with damage to a wing that was perhaps caused overnight by a dog, coyote or vehicle.

The Bylaw Enforcement section of the Protective Services Division of the City of Vernon was called, and officers responded to assist. Once it was determined that Duchess was hurt, a call was put out to . . . the Swan whisperer, Ron Gibson.

Gibson has developed a special relationship with Duchess. When her mate was killed about 15 years ago, Duchess formed a bond with Ron who, at that time, worked in Polson Park. Ron now works in Building Maintenance for the City, but he still shares a special connection with her.

With Ron’s assistance, Duchess was taken to the Central Animal Hospital for overnight assessment and was bandaged up the next morning. She has been moved to another City Manager’s farm, to recuperate before she may be returned to the park.

The Duchess of the park is doing well.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-71369-2-.htm#71369
dg3
Board Meister

Re: The Swan Whisperer -- Feel Good Story

Post by dg3 »

saw it on chbc news, what a nice bit of news for a change.
preciosa

Post by preciosa »

This story just melted my heart...it's so nice to hear such a sweet heartwarming story... :sunshine:
Verminator
Board Meister

Post by Verminator »

What a great story. We all owe a great debt of thanks to Ron Gibson for saving that magnificent bird. :hailjo: I hope Duchess recovers quickly, Polson Park won't be the same without her.
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin
Runs_With_Scissors

Post by Runs_With_Scissors »

I think, after watching the video about Duchess being injured, that Mr. Gibson must be quite the guy. He never stops petting her tenderly whether he's talking or not and she looks like she just loves it. Having him there when she was hurt must have been so reassuring and such a comfort to her.

God bless your very good heart Mr. Gibson... The world needs more people like you. =D> =D>
“The confidence of ignorance will always overcome the indecision of knowledge"
shanevic7

Post by shanevic7 »

that's a great story, hopefully everything goes well :)

http://hy-vee-stores.com
Last edited by shanevic7 on Aug 13th, 2012, 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

Return to “Central Okanagan”